Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jeff Shi - Interview in The Athletic

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Name a few. Genuinely interested.
Ok, but kinda busy before Xmas and maybe I’ll write it again.I’ve posted my reasons twice over the last couple years, the last one about 5 or 6 months ago, ( I think). No one gave a damn, and that’s ok as it’s speculation on my part, but kinda reversed engineered .
To me, why Fosun bought Wolves is like the quantum mechanics of the whole understanding of where we are and the future.We need something to measure against.
Maybe I’ll try the search function rather than type it again.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They might think they are acting sensibly if their primary aim is to generate a turnover of players to make money.
Of course its opinion, as I routinely say.
But you keep on saying that people's views are worthless unless you can prove things. What's the point of being on a forum then, if you don't want to discuss and debate.
Actually, I genuinely thought we were exchanging ideas…..I responded to you several times today.
I thought you kinda lost interest at one point as we both have different views.

R

reanswolf

Actually, I genuinely thought we were exchanging ideas…..I responded to you several times today.
I thought you kinda lost interest at one point as we both have different views.
Yes but then you threw in the notion that because they are a business that they would inevitably be acting sensibly, in a business sense that might be true to a degree, but in a footballing sense not necessarily at all.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but then you threw in the notion that because they are a business that they would inevitably be acting sensibly, in a business sense that might be true to a degree, but in a footballing sense not necessarily at all.
You come across as thinking you’re infallible. Fine…..if you think you’re sure that the deal was not sensible, then ok.
I don’t have enough info to know if you’re right.

R

reanswolf

You come across as thinking you’re infallible. Fine…..if you think you’re sure that the deal was not sensible, then ok.
I don’t have enough info to know if you’re right.
Where have I said I think I'm infallible? I try to always say IMO etc. I get that its about opinions.
Why make such a throw-away personal comment? To me it says more about the poster than the intended target.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where have I said I think I'm infallible? I try to always say IMO etc. I get that its about opinions.
Why make such a throw-away personal comment? To me it says more about the poster than the intended target.
I never posted that you said you were infallible.
Can’t you just be happy that I agree that you think you’re right?

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was there any word about this transfer window about if we might sign anybody

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well buying a club for 40m, getting it promoted to the PL, keeping it there using only cash generated by the club, and then having an asset worth more than 5x that would be one.

Getting access to a unique historic brand, which can resonate in China and other markets, which is readily transferable to a wide variety of other products and services so as to grow a family of businesses would be another.

As Jeff said at the time of the takeover. Fosun we’re looking for a club to buy who they could grow value. Buying an existing PL club would have allowed them to do all the player trading stuff faster because of PL level income, but wouldn’t have generated such a large growth in asset value. So I deduce they chose Wolves more for value and asset growth than player trading.
I would say you’re spot on there.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, but kinda busy before Xmas and maybe I’ll write it again.I’ve posted my reasons twice over the last couple years, the last one about 5 or 6 months ago, ( I think). No one gave a damn, and that’s ok as it’s speculation on my part, but kinda reversed engineered .
To me, why Fosun bought Wolves is like the quantum mechanics of the whole understanding of where we are and the future.We need something to measure against.
Maybe I’ll try the search function rather than type it again.
Cheers, no rush.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was there any word about this transfer window about if we might sign anybody

Nothing at all from the club apart from Bruno calling for additions nearly every press conference but nothing from the powers that be.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just noticed a new sports event in China,wonder if Jeff has entered a Wolves team.
It`s the National Mermaid Championships

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There isn't a ceo in the world that doesn't make an error at some point in time. I still think that the squad that we've assembled since being in the championship is fantastic, a couple of midfielders and a striker away from challenging for a top 4 place. That isn't bad at all. The fact that we see the lack of those players as a failure , is a testament to how far we've come.
Well said.

Back
Top Bottom