Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jeff Interview

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Nothing that new, but worth a read.

Problem is I don't want to install the CGTN app for "a better experience" (of having my personal data monetised by them) simply in order to read this article. If anyone can summarise what it is says, that'd be helpful.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Problem is I don't want to install the CGTN app for "a better experience" (of having my personal data monetised by them) simply in order to read this article. If anyone can summarise what it is says, that'd be helpful.

Don’t understand …I read the article and it was interesting….but I don’t know what a CGTN app is….the article is not behind any firewall

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent enough read.

Not sure why people are having an issue reading. There's no app you have to download.

Reaction score
Easy to read , no downloading issues here either . He comes across well and quite relaxed .

T

TheConcourse

You don’t need to download the app. Press the blue arrows which will show the content above the app download button.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

No app to download to read it on a laptop. It's a very good read actually. It flies in the faces of the doom mongers on here and across social media about Fosun and Jeff.
In summary, they are here for the long term, Jeff loves Wolverhampton, they (Fosun) don't want to buy another PL club, and more than anything they want to grow the Wolves brand to compete with the top 6 financially, which will give them the tools to grow the football side. It's not going to happen today, but it's going to happen. Like all Chinese business's they work to a long term strategy that builds everything about the club over a period of time.
What's not to like there!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
No app to download to read it on a laptop. It's a very good read actually. It flies in the faces of the doom mongers on here and across social media about Fosun and Jeff.
In summary, they are here for the long term, Jeff loves Wolverhampton, they (Fosun) don't want to buy another PL club, and more than anything they want to grow the Wolves brand to compete with the top 6 financially, which will give them the tools to grow the football side. It's not going to happen today, but it's going to happen. Like all Chinese business's they work to a long term strategy that builds everything about the club over a period of time.
What's not to like there!
I agree we are in safe hands

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love this bit of the interview: Shi and his family have settled happily in the area; his daughters, aged 13 and nine, have started to develop the distinctive local accents. "They're forgetting Chinese now," says Shi, "they can only speak English."

Hope you follow on the Black Country accent bit soon Jeff! ;)

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I love this bit of the interview: Shi and his family have settled happily in the area; his daughters, aged 13 and nine, have started to develop the distinctive local accents. "They're forgetting Chinese now," says Shi, "they can only speak English."

Hope you follow on the Black Country accent bit soon Jeff! ;)
I can imagine his daughters asking "Where yow bin Pop?" when he comes in late from a match.. :tearsofjoy:

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I highly doubt that... they might recognize us but fans of WWFC... I'm calling bs.
The thing is 10 million fans of the wolves brand might not mean much to matchday attendances, but they mean a hell of a lot to potential sponsors. This is how corporate sponsorship works, and why we are talking about going to the USA.
It's about gaining new fans of course, but much more towards taking the team and brand to corporate America.

This is how you grow a brand, and get $$$ into the club to build the team. Fosun and Jeff know this and it's why they are a successful multi billion dollar company.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
The thing is 10 million fans of the wolves brand might not mean much to matchday attendances, but they mean a hell of a lot to potential sponsors. This is how corporate sponsorship works, and why we are talking about going to the USA.
It's about gaining new fans of course, but much more towards taking the team and brand to corporate America.

This is how you grow a brand, and get $$$ into the club to build the team. Fosun and Jeff know this and it's why they are a successful multi billion dollar company.

That's what I'm saying though, there's no way that these are "fans" as opposed to "oh yeah I know Wolves, I've seen their logo in some esports team"

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel for Shi whenever he does an interview as the doom and gloomers invariably jump all over it. He talks about sustainability and long term plans but that’s wasted on the average “here and now” fan.
Quite. We're lucky to have him. A stable reliable hand who has steered us well. Long may it continue.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying though, there's no way that these are "fans" as opposed to "oh yeah I know Wolves, I've seen their logo in some esports team"
How do you define 'fan'? Surely it's someone who follows and admires Wolves as opposed to other clubs/teams. In which case he's probably right. He didn't say 'supporter'.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
How do you define 'fan'? Surely it's someone who follows and admires Wolves as opposed to other clubs/teams. In which case he's probably right. He didn't say 'supporter'.

Sure, someone who follows and admires Wolves, and at least knows a thing or two about us as opposed to just our logo. Maybe even watches our games on TV.

Take for example the team Evil Geniuses that partnered with Wolves: Evil Geniuses Teams Up With Wolves F.C.

Are people who follow Evil Geniuses and exposed to Wolves automatically part of this number?

It's all good - in the end it's more exposure for the team, but I concur with those saying that we should focus on the football team.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure, someone who follows and admires Wolves, and at least knows a thing or two about us as opposed to just our logo. Maybe even watches our games on TV.

Take for example the team Evil Geniuses that partnered with Wolves: Evil Geniuses Teams Up With Wolves F.C.

Are people who follow Evil Geniuses and exposed to Wolves automatically part of this number?

It's all good - in the end it's more exposure for the team, but I concur with those saying that we should focus on the football team.
Couldn't agree more about focusing on the team, but it's not an either/or situation. We can increase our 'fan' base and consequently increase our marketing revenue while focusing on the team.
Just imagine if every one of those 'fans' bought some merchandise and agreed to their email/WhatsApp etc... being available to marketeers; it could add up to a tidy sum that enables us to invest more in the team.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have always liked Jeff Shi, saw him walking up the Tettenhall Road the other day. That’s not the reason why I like him and I am not sure why I even mentioned it :)-.
What was he wearing?

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I have always liked Jeff Shi, saw him walking up the Tettenhall Road the other day. That’s not the reason why I like him and I am not sure why I even mentioned it :)-.
I guess he missed the bus! :tearsofjoy:

btw, i live in reans. Do you still live there?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So no business decision to tempt Ideal Boilers as sponsors, yet? :D

ASB

Reaction score
Not a Jeff quote, but I quite liked the phrase in the article "the team is once again up at the pleasant end of the league table"

Back
Top Bottom