Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jeff appointed Chairman

Reaction score
Merged. What is his history then, as a business man or whatever? I dunno how I feel about him having a greater say, what's his track record. I always thought he was just a middle man between the decision makers at FOSUN and staff here, a runner essentially...

W

Wolfrev

Fosun attempting to tighten up and have more control.
Shows a certain seriousness and desire to fulfill ambitions.
Jeff has to get it right!!

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a start. Whether he is the right man for the position is another matter, but at least he will be here full time now. Having a part time representative owner hasn't helped us in the slightest.

B

Benson

It's a start. Whether he is the right man for the position is another matter, but at least he will be here full time now. Having a part time representative owner hasn't helped us in the slightest.

Was going to post the exact same thing. Agree 100%.

O

OldWolvesfart

Logical to have him here full time he can then really see the day to day operations of the club and make any necessary changes.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Good its better to have him here overseeing the day to day running of the club, a more hands in approach!

Sutton

Reaction score
Great news for me. Having a key link to Fosun here full time can only be a positive.

Another sign that Fosun are determined to get this right this year.

Not sure about the decision to take Laurie off the board though.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Executive Chairman, CEO, Managing Director, Sporting Director, etc are all just titles. What do they do? What skills do they have?
All I see is that Jeff Shi has what looks like promotion. Kevin Thelwell is still in place after years of underachievement. Dalrymple has overseen us supposedly for a year now. Common theme is they have all failed on the football side last season.
Why do we think that suddenly they will wake up one morning with skills they did not have previously? So on that side we have to rely heavily on Nuno. Will this be enough? Do we repeat history? If Nuno has not got us flying with four months will he go amongst the cries of he wasn't good enough? If he does well will he just use us as a stepping stone and move on to a more prestigous job?
Football is changing.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is good news, Fosun maybe realising they need to be more hands on and in touch with what is happening at the club

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's now clear who is accountable for all matters at Wolves.

A bit surprised that Dalrymple has moved off the Board but perhaps they don't want 3 Brits in place to out vote them

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news. We need someone from Fosun here full time.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chairman Jeff - bit worried about he said that Nuno impressed him with his football tactics.

Yes that worried me as well. I think the line was that 'Nuno's football philosophy was the same as Fosun's!!!

So Fosun has a football philosophy.... the mind do boggle!

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A bit surprised that Dalrymple has moved off the Board but perhaps they don't want 3 Brits in place to out vote them

Is that confirmed ?

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Fosun are intensifying their control on all aspects of the club and its day to day running probably a good thing in the circumstances. Rather have a statement of intent like this rather than apathy from owners.

D

Deleted member TW5162

I am disappointed that Laurie has stepped down / been removed from the board. He is the one excutive at the club which I have seen get things right this year and whom I have a greater degree of trust in.

I feel he has the better connection with fans than any of the others so I would have liked him to have remained on the board.

No issue with Shi being Chairman, just disappointed in the Laurie decision.

K

Kiddywolves

With darlymple stepping down as a director is it a possibility we have plans to bring in someone new also? Like a CEO or do we think Jeff will fulfill this role but with chairmen name tag ?

Gornal

Reaction score
Fosun! What on earth are you doing? The removal of Dalrymple from the board is going to make the club even more rudderless.

Having a full time chairman is a good move but it's got to be someone who knows what they are doing. The last person that should be is Jeff Shi

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes that worried me as well. I think the line was that 'Nuno's football philosophy was the same as Fosun's!!!

So Fosun has a football philosophy.... the mind do boggle!

Their philosophy as far as I can see Waggy is, by hook or by crook to get the club into the premiership which can only be a good thing.
Notice I said 'their' and not 'there'? LOL

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Jeff is now fully accountable which can only be a good thing and whilst people may disagree with the changing of Head Coach and backroom staff this can only be a positive right?

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun! What on earth are you doing? The removal of Dalrymple from the board is going to make the club even more rudderless.

Having a full time chairman is a good move but it's got to be someone who knows what they are doing. The last person that should be is Jeff Shi

Where does it mention LD? Apart from he would continue to work closely with JS?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their philosophy as far as I can see Waggy is, by hook or by crook to get the club into the premiership which can only be a good thing.
Notice I said 'their' and not 'there'? LOL

I think they have always had a philosophy tbh. Problem is, they panicked big time after Lopetegui didnt join up. They have just gne back to their original plan, which can only be a good thing as far as i am concerned.

Denpar

Groupie
Reaction score
Glad to see this. However, what should be of concern is the lack of football knowledge on the Board itself. Even if LD were to remain on the Board there is nobody there who can argue a strong case from a purely footballing point of view. Other than making the Director's Box look more full and being able to advise Steve Morgan on the cheapest place to buy bricks locally I have never been convinced of what Bowater and Gough bring to the party. One could argue that many global companies have directors with no direct experience in the particular industry, but not in the proportion of 50% of the Board, or even 100% if you included Shi and Sun. Perhaps over the coming months we might see a new "footballing" addition which I, for one, would welcome greatly. I don't mean a Director of Football as such, but someone who, whilst not having day to day responsibilities could take an overview.

Last edited:
M

Monkey Man

After overseeing last years embarrassment he should have been fired. I guess a forced move to Wolverhampton is equally as punishing.

He has this year to sort it or he better be gone and someone with football knowledge brought in.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where does it mention LD? Apart from he would continue to work closely with JS?
'Managing director Laurie Dalrymple, meanwhile, has stepped down from the board. However, it is understood his role will remain the same.

The board is now made up of four members – Shi, fellow Fosun employee Sky Sun and long-time Wolves supporters John Gough and John Bowater.
'

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where did you get that statement from ? --the O.S clearly says that Jeff will be working closely with Managing Director L.D ??

gewolf

Reaction score
Just a pity that the person who dressed him for the official photo (wife?) forgot to fasten his shirt collar buttons! If he or someone else at the club notices they should get that photoshopped or changed very quickly... IMHO

W

Whitewolf

I can only see this as a great move, if we had absent owners every 1 on here would be saying they don't care! And how can you run a football from the other side of the world! ( nobody gose on about sir jack he was always in the Bahamas, but every one thinks the sun shines on him though but he was an absent owner , and we was really great under his owner ship! Lol, we am so lucky that we have got a very rich owner one of the top 5 in UK! ! And the best agent in the world! I think we could be the next man City! Ps everybody makes mis takes, but you only get stronger learning from them, this is another positive step in the right direction

Last edited by a moderator:

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a positive step. Ever since fosun took us over I constantly kept asking "who is our Chairman". From the outside looking in, it stunk of them not really being that *****. Happy to take us over as another investment, but just leaving everything in place and looking from afar.

Now that is not the case. And finally, we have something we have been screaming out for in these last 12 months. Acountability.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
DSC00227.jpg

His new lodgings, set up specially for him by the ring road.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The O.S clearly states Laurie is to remain in his role too, so clearly there is some confusion going on here? It would be a real pity if he was moved on as he has built up a connection with the supporters. Having said that, at the same time he has been totally undermined given his recent comments and then the decisions that have took place since then.

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
Wolves is an underperforming investment for Fosun. It is now getting sufficient attention and management.

W

Whitewolf

Great move and one I thought would happen can only make a positive impact on the club as a whole great news

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news, although I would have liked a CEO with more experience of British football

Not good news for Tim Spiers who's been very direct in his criticism of JS, perhaps understandably with him changing tack on Lambert - but I think there may be extenuating circumstances (JS just obeying Fosun orders)

Back
Top Bottom