Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jay Bothroyd comments about wolves

S

sean from oz

Jay-Bothroyd-Aston-Villa-Cardiff-City-Carling_2364369.jpg
Bothroyd: Committed to Cardiff
Related links

Teams

Players

Also see

Jay Bothroyd insists he is 'fully committed' to Cardiff City after again being linked with a move to Aston Villa.
The striker was reportedly a target for Villa back in October when the 27-year-old admitted to being 'flattered' by interest from the Premier League club.
Bothroyd is again happy to be on Villa's radar, but he has stressed his priority is to help Cardiff win promotion to the top flight.
He told the club's official website: "Obviously you are flattered when you get linked with other clubs, especially the likes of Aston Villa, but I am fully committed to Cardiff and just want to concentrate on doing well for them.
"It's an honour to be linked with them, but I am a professional and need to put that to the back of my mind and play well for Cardiff.
"I really want to get this club promotion and achieve what I set out to do when I first came here.
"I do owe the club and the manager a lot and my football has flourished since I joined the club.
"I had a tough time at Wolves where I didn't enjoy my football or training at all and to come here and be involved in the set-up now and love turning up to training every day, that's why I am here at 8am!"

Maybe he wasnt used to putting a shift in the lazy $$$$!!!

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he will always be remembered for the goal against the boggies!

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He makes Freddy Eastwood look like a work aholic!!

Good hold up player, but lazy and bad attitude - typical footballer who thinks the world owes him a living!!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He makes Freddy Eastwood look like a work aholic!!

Good hold up player, but lazy and bad attitude - typical footballer who thinks the world owes him a living!!

Twice the player Eastwood is, the world was Bothroyd's oyster, has all that talent and could have been a great footballer.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always seemed a bit airy fairy to me a bit "i'm too good for all this running around". A bit like Nathan Blake in the sense of never seemed reach his potential when he had it all going for him.

Personally though i'll always remember him for that screamer against Leeds. I was in a bar in Barcelona with a number of Leeds fans............I went $$$$ing mental when that went in!

F

FLEET WOLF

Twice the player Eastwood is, the world was Bothroyd's oyster, has all that talent and could have been a great footballer.

I genuinely think he could have been as good as someone like Carlton Cole (he might yet be!). It is a great shame it did not work out at Wolves.

J

jbarnettuk1984

Some signings work out, others don't. If every signing was perfect the world of football would be a very boring place!

I'd have Ebanks-Blake and Keogh here over Eastwood and Bothroyd every day of the week.

To be honest, I can't get my head around why Villa are interested in him. Nothing more then paper BS for a change, probably.

F

fullmoon

Always seemed a bit airy fairy to me a bit "i'm too good for all this running around". A bit like Nathan Blake in the sense of never seemed reach his potential when he had it all going for him.

Personally though i'll always remember him for that screamer against Leeds. I was in a bar in Barcelona with a number of Leeds fans............I went $$$$ing mental when that went in!

Sadly, we hardly see this sort of goals coming from Wolves apart from the one Milijas scored against Notlob:rolleyes:.

Hopefully this transfer window answers my prayers.....:wavey:

W

wolvo_boi

Most people are in agreement then that he has the potential to be a very very good player, add a bit more workrate to his game and he would be a Premiership striker. He just doesnt have it upstairs to succeed!

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"I had a tough time at Wolves where I didn't enjoy my football or training at all and to come here and be involved in the set-up now and love turning up to training every day, that's why I am here at 8am!"

$$$$$$.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most people are in agreement then that he has the potential to be a very very good player, add a bit more workrate to his game and he would be a Premiership striker. He just doesnt have it upstairs to succeed!

Just like if SEB had Keoghs work rate then...

S

Sedgley Wolf

Has the talent to play for a top 6 club in my opinion, yet can only do himself justice in the Championship.

I'll never get my head around how some footballers are like this. It completely defies logic.

Loser.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has the talent to play for a top 6 club in my opinion, yet can only do himself justice in the Championship.

I'll never get my head around how some footballers are like this. It completely defies logic.

Loser.

Agree Sedgley, footballers are in a position that most fans would love to be in, but if you cant be ***** (like bothroyd at times!) then its your job to blame an ex manager / club for 'having a bad time of it'

Tool!!

J

jabbawolf

Loser.

Maybe he is happy coasting but still being very comfortably off.

W

wolvo_boi

Just like if SEB had Keoghs work rate then...

No not really, Seb is much younger and has generally suceeded where he has played, Bothroyd on the other hand has done the opposite except at Cardiff but still at times looks uninterested.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Bothroyd on top form playing for Villa would be a surprise, but he does have talent when he's up for it. O' Neil has a history of getting the best out of disturbed players tbf.

F

FetishWolf

How many of his previous clubs has he now criticised? Re-occuring pattern here is his personality, work ethic and ability to communicate. Twonk.

E

EasternWolf

Watching Bothroyd on top form playing for Villa would be a surprise, but he does have talent when he's up for it. O' Neil has a history of getting the best out of disturbed players tbf.

I spent a lot of time in O'Neil's company when he was mamager of Norwich City. He is a very intelligent and inspirational manager and as far from the old 'dinosaur' managers of English football as you can get. If he gets on a player's 'wavelength' he will always get the best out of that player.

L

Langdale Wolf

Meh - he did a job for us when brought in, was sold on for a profit, scored some memorable goals and generally did okay.

He's moved on, and so have we.

He can say what he wants as far as I'm concerned.

J

Jameswwfc

I always liked him as he could create something out of nothing but he was the kind of player that you could tell after 5 minutes what he was going to be like for the other 85 minutes. Can't imagine him liking our training where you've got to train your $$$$$$$$ off to get in the 1st team come saturday.

W

wolvesman

the world was Bothroyd's oyster, has all that talent and could have been a great footballer.

I agree, another example of wasted potential talent, so often seen in the history of football.

Back
Top Bottom