Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January Priority

January transfer window priority

• Striker

Votes: 140 73.3%
  • Wide forward

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • Goalkeeper

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Right back

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Left back

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Centre half

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • CDM

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Ball playing midfielder

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters

floydstreet

Reaction score
Given that this is the first window for GON really given minimal time. He’s seen enoogh now to decide who he wants to leave and what he needs.

I suspect there’s also a desire to move to 4 at the back either next season or now. Getting the right players in is always tough in Jan, but we proved with lemina and Dawson it can be done.

Loans, obligation to buy may feature.

Priorities for me would be a wide player with pace (neto will go eventually sadly), a striker if possible, a ball playing midfielder (unless we give Doyle a run). But I’m sure that GON although he’s done a great job with the squad, has clear targets and that may include letting players go we haven’t considered.

What would be your priority ?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Striker if we're not giving Silva or Kalajdzic a run, and a fullback/wingback, we have five on our books, two can't run (and one of them is likely off in January), one can't stay fit and one needs a lot more experience

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Its an experienced CDM for me in the Lemina mould, on loan will do. Back up to Lemina. If Sasa and Fabio are not going to be given a chance in the next few weeks, then we obviously need a striker as well.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Goalkeeper if sell Sa
Midfielder if sell Traore
Striker if sell Fabio

Striker must be the priority & wing back. Not sure we have budget to bring in creative midfielder or winger. Many could argue we need central defender. Problem, quality players cost money

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Right back, centre back and ball playing midfielder please.
Cunha and Hwang will score even more if we’ve got a solid platform to launch attacks from.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I think Cunha, Hwang, Neto, Sarabia and Bellegarde would all benefit from having a mobile striker playing centrally. So yeah, that.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right back by an absolute mile. We have one that adds absolutely zero going forward and makes multiple mistakes each week at the back. If we are to play a back three the wing backs have to be productive in the opposition half, simple as that.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a centre half for me, still dot like max on the right, Dawson is brilliant some games but when he’s bad he is very bad, Toti as shown today is raw. All 3 are liable for reds or accumulating yellows and I don’t trust the replacement either. If Neto is close we’ve goals on him Cunha and hwang, plus Sasa has notched 3 I think?

floydstreet

Reaction score
I wonder if we will see the 4 at back come back in

Ran Kilman Dawson Semedo

Lenina Gomes

Bellegarde or Sarabia or Doyle

Hwang Cunha Neto (new player also rotate with these)

floydstreet

Reaction score
Right back by an absolute mile. We have one that adds absolutely zero going forward and makes multiple mistakes each week at the back. If we are to play a back three the wing backs have to be productive in the opposition half, simple as that.
Wrong thread

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every single penny in the bank and from sales needs to go on a between the posts striker; whatever it costs and wherever he comes from. SBK said these type of strikers (Haarland) don't exist today; I disagree - Watkins, Callum Wilson, Toney, Calvert-Lewin off the top of my head + Foreign strikers and even ones from the Champs if good enough. Jimenez in his glorious prime was the last real no 9 we had and with RAN and Neto back by the New Year their supply to a genuine no 9 would imv be the missing piece to make us potentially a top half side.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely100% a top quality striker, we've been missing one since Raul's injury.

The only issue then would be working our tactics so that we actually made enough chances for said strikkr6

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the summer the is a lot to do but for Jan. forward option is what we need.

Maxwell Cornett is available from West Ham, I’d be trying for a loan

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Santiago isn’t the answer at the back we definitely need another top quality defender. Good teams are built on solid defences. You can then have a much more expansive attack. I’m not as concerned about that as others. We have two attackers who at the current rate will end up with about 20 and 12 goals. That is adequate.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a few others have said, due to GONs apparent dislike (in terms of being an option) of Sasa and Fabio, it has to be a proper number 9 for me. Very closely followed by a fast winger. Then in summer we can look at a backup LWB, a starting CB or two and a starting CM.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like others have said.
If Silva and Sasa aren’t going to be used then may as well sell and buy a new striker.

I’d of quite liked to see Sasa get a little run of games before dismissing him though. Maybe wait till the summer to bring anyone in.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Striker, wide forward, back up RB (probably LB too, not sure Bueno is up to it).
Seeing people suggesting Brownhill for 7m, not against him but surely in a window where funds are going to be limited, CM is our least need.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
If Santiago isn’t the answer at the back we definitely need another top quality defender. Good teams are built on solid defences. You can then have a much more expansive attack. I’m not as concerned about that as others. We have two attackers who at the current rate will end up with about 20 and 12 goals. That is adequate.
I remember brighton home. We play back 4 and was well beaten. Dawson and Kilman much slow to play higher line football

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Striker, wide forward, back up RB (probably LB too, not sure Bueno is up to it).
Seeing people suggesting Brownhill for 7m, not against him but surely in a window where funds are going to be limited, CM is our least need.
We haven't got a centre mid outside of Lemina n Gomes ...Cunha hwang Neto are all performing and even Sarabia n bellegarde in attack are performing better than the back up centre midfield options..

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A striker who can lead the line and has some mobility.

We need the option of effectively being able to move to a back 4 for games.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Right back, right back then a right back if there's any left over. I understand why people want a striker but scoring goals isnt an issue with GON's side when you compare it to the previous managers.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A centre forward.

Someone that can bully defenders and constantly cause the opposition problems. Oh … and put the ball in the onion sack.

Unfortunately, good ones don’t come cheap.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right back, right back then a right back if there's any left over. I understand why people want a striker but scoring goals isnt an issue with GON's side when you compare it to the previous managers.
We scored one in each of our last two games against poor opposition. The goals aside neither the Burnley or Forest keepers had a meaningful save to make. If we continue to make as few chances goals will soon dry up. We have no forward option on the bench that GO trusts so are flogging Cunha and Hwang. We need options up front far more than a RB.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a centre half for me, still dot like max on the right, Dawson is brilliant some games but when he’s bad he is very bad, Toti as shown today is raw. All 3 are liable for reds or accumulating yellows and I don’t trust the replacement either. If Neto is close we’ve goals on him Cunha and hwang, plus Sasa has notched 3 I think?
When we're Max, Toti or Dawson last sent off. Only Dawson accumulates yellows as far as I am aware and some of those have been farcial.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a forward who likes to play on the shoulder of centre halves, can act as a focal point but can also run behind. Find that unicorn for a knockdown price and I think you’ll transform this team. It will allow Cunha, Neto and Hwang to ply to their strengths. Neither Fabio nor Sasa appear to be attractive options for GON or play how he wants.

I would also be looking at full back cover - loans with or without options to buy as the current step down from RAN and Semedo is massive as demonstrated by Bueno’s and Docs performances yesterday.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A centre forward.

Someone that can bully defenders and constantly cause the opposition problems. Oh … and put the ball in the onion sack.

Unfortunately, good ones don’t come cheap.
Archer of Sheffield united can create his own goals. He could be available in the summer but villa have a buy back clause so would want to flip him for a good profit.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we're Max, Toti or Dawson last sent off. Only Dawson accumulates yellows as far as I am aware and some of those have been farcial.
So in less than a third of the season Dawson accumulated enough ti be suspended but you query my point? You’ve actually proved it!! Central defenders are more likely to get sent off, due to their jobs!

Back
Top Bottom