Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The next mf being gomes makes sense as we just didn’t have any real presence or control of the midfield.
I have consulted with the referees Association and they have told me that in our case control of the midfield is at the minimum a yellow card offence depending on how many players we have left on the field.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have consulted with the referees Association and they have told me that in our case control of the midfield is at the minimum a yellow card offence depending on how many players we have left on the field.
Yeah, it was a non contact sport to get the ball from city at the weekend…..

Surely over just the three most recent games we can show how weak and poor referees have been with us and favouring “the bigger” club…..

Don’t even need Mike Dean against Burnley and his other screw ups like Utd and that pogba challenge to boot…..

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Turned us down?

Doesn't even mention us. Weird thing to make up

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. I heard he was in something like £125k at the vile. But I could be totally wrong.

I actually wanted us to sign him….. I’m guilty….

Thank god we didn’t

Yes 50k rise

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shouldn't laugh, hope it's not career threatening, but it has happened to us so maybe there is a god, or maybe its law of averages.
If we hadn't been dogged by such a horrendous run of injuries I'd have a similar view. But we have, so I'll have a wry chuckle.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe not obviously better, but they are players with much different profiles to the players we currently have and will hopefully let us play the more pressing all over the pitch style that JL wants us to.

This team was built over most of the previous 4 years with the sole intention of playing a deep block with players who are good at running side to side and keeping their shape and defending the box but not so great at pressing and winning the ball back high up the pitch instead. We needed different players rather than specifically better players. Nuno tried this with the same old players in his 4th year and it didn't work, Lage tried to do it with a few new signings and it didn't work and now the penny seems to have dropped and JL is trying it but with a big update to the team, lets hope it's 3rd time lucky!
Cunha is a different profile in that he is has some physical strength.

The deep block stuff isn't true really. We didn't buy players for the high press but I couldn't care about that tbh. I watch Klopp's Liverpool and these days if it wasn't for Salah I think they'd be as awful to watch as us under Mick McCarthy. Midfields that kick. Full backs swinging it in from deep. It's not pretty.
If the penny dropped i think we'd be ditching it before we go down.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever, Semedo, Silva for a combined £75m or so. Terrible business and the main reason we are in our current mess. The moment we sold Jota and Docherty the rot set in imv. Still remember Jeff saying what a great deal Jota was for £41m. Yes he has had a lot of bad luck on injuries but before that he was on fire for Liverpool. Doc has survived at Spurs but is essentially back up and £14m or so for him was pretty low at the time.

Hoever seems to have completely lost his way...perhaps worth £3m max at the moment
Semedo has blown hot and cold but being in his late twenties his value will start plummetting. Probably would get £15m for him max at the moment.
Silva - still to show he is anything special after an average loan so far with Anderlecht - might get £15m for him as things stand...

£75m minus £33m = approx £42m loss....as things stand.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont know if he fails the no ********* policy

In October 2021, a 22-year old woman filed a legal complaint against Wahi for violence that resulted in her being incapable to work. She claimed that he had punched her in the nose during an evening out at the L'Entrepôt nightclub in Lattes, Hérault, in the night of 12–13 September a month earlier.[8] The woman received treatment from emergency services due to the violence.[9]

In November 2021, it was revealed by investigative reporter Romain Molina that Wahi had been expelled from Caen's youth academy for allegedly pressuring secondary school students to masturbate in front of him in the bathrooms.
If he has criminal convictions for sexual offences he might well not get a work permit.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk about bad signings... Hoever has got to be right up there with the worst. £12m. Astounding.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Bunch of Hindsight Harrys on here.

At the time, Hoever was considered a good prospect - Liverpool fans were sorry to see him leave.

At the time, Jota was not a nailed on starter and the 42 million was considered a good fee by most Mixers.

At the time, Doc had his head turned by Tottenham - Mourinho even reached out to him behind the scenes - and we were trying to switch to a back four, which everyone knows Doc isn't best-suited for.

Transfers are not a guaranteed science. They all have risks associated with them (some greater than others) and given our standing in the revenues list, we have higher risks in the transfer market than the Man City's of the world. Indeed, even at the big clubs, they are littered with "bad transfers" as well; they can just absorb the losses better (e.g., see Timo Werner, Kepa, Lukaku, Donny van de Beek, Jadon Sancho, Ronaldo, Alexis Sanchez, Jack Grealish, Claudio Bravo, Benjamin Mendy...).

What's important is that the club is still investing in players...

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

At the time, Hoever was considered a good prospect - Liverpool fans were sorry to see him leave.

At the time, Jota was not a nailed on starter and the 42 million was considered a good fee by most Mixers.

At the time, Doc had his head turned by Tottenham - Mourinho even reached out to him behind the scenes - and we were trying to switch to a back four, which everyone knows Doc isn't best-suited for.

Transfers are not a guaranteed science. They all have risks associated with them (some greater than others) and given our standing in the revenues list, we have higher risks in the transfer market than the Man City's of the world. Indeed, even at the big clubs, they are littered with "bad transfers" as well; they can just absorb the losses better (e.g., see Timo Werner, Kepa, Lukaku, Donny van de Beek, Jadon Sancho, Ronaldo, Alexis Sanchez, Jack Grealish, Claudio Bravo, Benjamin Mendy...).

Don't think anyone is saying they are a guaranteed science. Also nothing wrong with commenting on things in hindsight. In hindsight Hoever was a terrible signing. At the time it was quite exciting.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FnLUp2TWQAAaqYh

Not a priority though according to the local journo's :D

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t know any Liverpool staffer who didn’t laugh at the size of fee we paid!

They were sorry to lose him, but they nearly packed up his locker like a Black Friday sale and threw him in the car to make sure it was completed before someone saw sense that we were taking that deal.

Who took him for 10 million needs their head examining as he was never worth that big a fee.

Back
Top Bottom