Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Abola have picked up on the Sarabia story now, may have some legs this one

Unsatisfied in Paris, Sarabia can head to the Premier League​

Pablo Sarabia could be close to leaving Paris Saint-Germain in this transfer window. According to AS , Wolverhampton, now coached by Julen Lopetegui, is interested in the Spanish international and has already made a proposal.

Without going ahead with numbers, the Spanish daily only mentions that the directors of Paris Saint-Germain, who intend to recover part of the 20 million invested four years ago, welcome the departure of Sarabia, a player with a high salary and who still has a contract. for another year and a half.

It should be remembered that, recently, L'Équipe had already noticed the dissatisfaction of Pablo Sarabia in the Parisians, due to the lack of opportunities.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know people said Cunha wasn't a 9, but looking what he'd done and listening to Lopetegui, I really thought he might be. He clearly isn't though, so if we think Costa is barely a fix and Raul (who I'd still play ahead of him) isn't in favour either, we have to get a proper, penalty area, strong and direct, goal scoring 9. I know that's not easy, but it's my no. 1 priority by a mile.

I think he can play as a 9 in a Bobby Firmino style. But I don't think we have the other players for that.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble with players who play for PSG, the likes of Messi and Mbappe make them look like a different player, mean teams have to double up on them and creates more space for others.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sarabia comes in, can see guedes going out on loan in Spain maybe......why don't we offer Seville a loan swap for Youseff en nesyri......
I’m not sure Guedes can go anywhere - I’m pretty sure he started the season registered for Valencia and is now registered for us. You can’t register for more than two clubs a season.

I also am not sure it’s time to give up on Guedes. He didn’t perform well yesterday, but did anyone from the team (other than Cunha)? Guedes pressed well against Liverpool and forced the error for our first goal. I think he needs time.

Also, an unlike Trincao who apparently everyone wants back (?), he’s already scored 3 goals for us before the halfway mark of the season.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sarabia comes in, can see guedes going out on loan in Spain maybe......why don't we offer Seville a loan swap for Youseff en nesyri......
En-Nesyri apparently just turned down West Ham didn't he, I think if we had any interest we'd have been involved by now.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure Guedes can go anywhere - I’m pretty sure he started the season registered for Valencia and is now registered for us. You can’t register for more than two clubs a season.

Players can be registered for up to 3 clubs in a season, but can only play for 2.

Guedes has been registered for Valencia and us, but has only appeared for us. So he could register and play for another team.

It's why the only club Chelsea can offload Aubameyang to is Barca, as he played one game for them before signing for Chelsea, so although he could sign an register for a third club, he wouldn't be able to play. But he could go back to play for Barca.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I also am not sure it’s time to give up on Guedes. He didn’t perform well yesterday, but did anyone from the team (other than Cunha)? Guedes pressed well against Liverpool and forced the error for our first goal. I think he needs time.

Also, an unlike Trincao who apparently everyone wants back (?), he’s already scored 3 goals for us before the halfway mark of the season.
I'm a big guedes fan wanted him badly......but he doesn't seem mentally settled to me......was hesitant for 3 seasons in signing for us , if you remember the stuff in the summer......don't think he has played in la Liga this season, not 100% though......

It might not be on the pitch problems as such.....he just doesn't look happy in himself for a few months......

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speed isn’t my issue (you can’t lose what you never had) and I’m generally fit so stamina is ok. The issue I’ve got is I’ve developed the turning circle of the titanic due to a dodgy knee. We must be the only 6-a-side team in history to play with a sweeper so I can play the Coady role lol.
love it mate, as long as you enjoy it!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes isn’t very good and always looks like he’s not bothered, which makes everything seem worse.

I hope Lemina gets done but notice he came on last night after an injury which isn’t ideal.

I was listening to a West Ham fan about Dawson and get the feeling it will be done next week. Basically Dawson has told them for over 6 months that he wants to leave as his family are up north and he feels the club owe him that.

Didn’t happen in the summer as had plenty of injuries. Not so much the case now as Aguerd, Zouma, Ogbonna, Kehrer fit.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes isn’t very good and always looks like he’s not bothered, which makes everything seem worse.

I hope Lemina gets done but notice he came on last night after an injury which isn’t ideal.

I was listening to a West Ham fan about Dawson and get the feeling it will be done next week. Basically Dawson has told them for over 6 months that he wants to leave as his family are up north and he feels the club owe him that.

Didn’t happen in the summer as had plenty of injuries. Not so much the case now as Aguerd, Zouma, Ogbonna, Kehrer fit.
Lemina is being discussed this morning, could be coming for a medical this weekend

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's zero chance Adama gives up the huge payday that leaving on a free would give him. Unless the fee we ask for him is incredible small or it's a really big team who want him.
Could give him a free if we need to get rid

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Dawson has started the last 5 games for them

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO guedes has looked decent these last couple of games. Need to stop chastising players for not having podences technical ability. They may have other attributes that he doesn't have. I think he has took up some good positions.
Consistency is his problem it seems.

Our precarious league position really means we cannot carry "passengers" on the pitch; and at the moment he is more of a passenger than he is of value.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO guedes has looked decent these last couple of games. Need to stop chastising players for not having podences technical ability. They may have other attributes that he doesn't have. I think he has took up some good positions.
Did you watch the same game last night??? Worst player on the pitch and it's not close

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where was he last night? He was woeful in the first half and was rightfully subbed.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble with players who play for PSG, the likes of Messi and Mbappe make them look like a different player, mean teams have to double up on them and creates more space for others.

He's actually done worse for PSG then he has in Spain and recently Portugal. I think he's a player that needs to see a lot of the ball

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Consistency is his problem it seems.

Our precarious league position really means we cannot carry "passengers" on the pitch; and at the moment he is more of a passenger than he is of value.

Generally agree with this, but I think another problem is that when he has been good on a rare occasion, it's still not exactly brilliant.

It could be argued that Podence, Adama and Neto are inconsistent. However, when they're on it they're excellent. Whereas Guedes at his best (the Brighton game) has been 7/10 at most.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
C7DAA17E-0BFF-4AFE-8520-C794F6E0C88E.jpeg

Guedes did okay but he’s someone who needs to play as a striker he would of scored that Raul chance first half

Is what it is both could move on soonish

RC LENS ARE SECOND IN FRANCE LIGUE 1 we should be looking to raid some of their players. Clearly young and will only get better!!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“ Pablo Sarabia is Lopetegui's number 1 goal, as As has advanced. Wolverhampton has already made an offer to PSG for the Spaniard, although at the moment the Parisians are stressing to get more money.”

Well then someones off is all i can think, or fellipe is bull****. and we get sarabia, as last non -hg

Dawson CB, Wan Bissaka or Spence RB

Scott is also HG if that were to advance

Back
Top Bottom