Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
4 players in the January window with only one out is a significant squad increase and clear investment with the intention of backing Lopetegui. Personally, I would still like to see an experienced, solid right back and a new centre forward brought in to make up the six initially requested.

But we have also been heavily linked with Gomes and tenuously linked with a new Goalkeeper as well. I can't believe we will do 8- that would be too much too soon.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luckily we've (hopefully) got better scouting abilities in the club :)
debatable, but yes likely better than my 5 minute Google.
(ha, no they do a good job overall, I have a feeling some of the Jorge players maybe arent fully scouted and just happen out of necessity/opportunity)

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 players in the January window with only one out is a significant squad increase and clear investment with the intention of backing Lopetegui. Personally, I would still like to see an experienced, solid right back and a new centre forward brought in to make up the six initially requested.

But we have also been heavily linked with Gomes and tenuously linked with a new Goalkeeper as well. I can't believe we will do 8- that would be too much too soon.
The 4 already in Cunha, Dawson, Sariaba and Lemina will within a couple of games be starters. Gomes I don’t think is a nailed on starter and the keeper would be back up to replace Sarkic. I don’t think 8 starters is likely but the use of subs that JL has already shown probably equates to needing that squad depth. Plus I maybe expect 1 or 2 to depart. Jonny will if the RB comes in. Mosquera and Hodge probably on loan.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Cf is the main and hopefully the next must.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Sarabia a signing instead of Isco do we think? That went quiet.

I don't think we were ever interested in Isco, just an obvious link for the press to make. Think he would already be here if we wanted him.

Reactions: Ned

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
morning all,
this is just my wish lists for a striker, get your pen and paper ready Jeff:

bid 30m for Ferguson from Brighton (willing to pay up to 40) - we love an Irish lad and he is surely an investment.
bid 15m for Gyorkeres (up to 25) from Coventry.
bid 30m for Ramos (up to 45) - speculative, dont want to pay crazy money
bid 30m for Embolo (up to 45)
bid 20m for Moffi (up to 30m)

bid 10m for Antonio (up to 15).
bid 10m for Taremi (up to 15).
bid 15m for Fullkrug (up to 20m).

get two of these through the door. One from the first group and one from the 2nd group. (players in no particular order).

its going to cost £100m with agent fees etc, but its an expensive game.

(I have no idea of Wolves finances or transfer dealings)
no words.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i don’t think a number nine is necessarily going to happen. i think creating more chances will happen, as will support in the box for these chances.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i don’t think a number nine is necessarily going to happen. i think creating more chances will happen, as will support in the box for these chances.
I agree. I suspect we probably have enough to stay up, which is our only target this season. Give Jules some time to look at Sasa. Suspect we might make a big striker signing in the summer though.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. I suspect we probably have enough to stay up, which is our only target this season. Give Jules some time to look at Sasa. Suspect we might make a big striker signing in the summer though.
Raul and Costa out, Sasa and Fabio back in the summer - JL will surely want to look at the latter pair before he goes into the market.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see it. We try to pass it out of the back, give away a goal a game, and can't score at the other end. We have no central striker to be the focal point of attack and it looks like we are not trying to find one. We have to be favourite for the drop. By the time Neto, Kalajdic, and Chiquinho are back we will be playing in the second tier.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today proves yet again that we have four attacking players at our club who just do not score goals. Ideally replace 2 of them and let the other two leave. Hwang, Adama, Raul, Costa are not the answer for whatever reason and it is there staring us in the face. The lack of goals is beyond laughable. Also Cunha is not and never will be a no9 but has to surely be starting against Liverpool or why have we shelled out nearly 45 million on him?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're at 17/17 non-homegrown players, so if we wanted to sign anyone else that wasn't homegrown we'd have to get rid of someone.
Haven't we got 1 space left nw guedes has left......Cunha replaces bonatini...... deregister saza n chiquhino for Sarabia n lemina.....guedes gone , spare.....

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're at 17/17 non-homegrown players, so if we wanted to sign anyone else that wasn't homegrown we'd have to get rid of someone.
Mosquera will likely go out on loan. Or is he under the age limit?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could certainly see that happening.
And if people are saying we need a striker as Cunha should play wider , then that gives us too many wide players anyway.
Well Jonny or Raul would probably be sacrificed if we was to bring in replacements

Adama will leave most likely in the summer anyway so not sure on that.

Julen seems to like Hwang also

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think Haaland would have a clue in front of goal with the (lack of) service we provide.

He would have scored for us today. Agree a lack of service but also a lack of intent of our players to get in the box and attack. It happens game after game. We get two or three in and I watch other teams get 4 or 5 players in to attack a cross. A big lack of attacking intent from this group of players.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Offer Flamengo £40m for Gomes and Gabigol.

I was thinking this last night. £40-50m for the both of them. Mind you I did read that Gabigol wasn’t great when playing in Serie A.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would have scored for us today. Agree a lack of service but also a lack of intent of our players to get in the box and attack. It happens game after game. We get two or three in and I watch other teams get 4 or 5 players in to attack a cross. A big lack of attacking intent from this group of players.
Scored how or with what service? He can't take on 3-4 defenders like Raul has to.

MelbourneWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Does this window remind you a bit of our Summer Business?
Collins, Guedes, B Traore, Nunes
Winter
Dawson, Cunha, Lemina, Sarabia
Throw in a last minute panic buy of a striker and to me we are going down the same path, similar players with similar strengths
After City game I am back to being very concerned again.

Back
Top Bottom