Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 22 transfer window

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How does that compare with what we were supposed to be paying at the end of last season? Always saw him as the natural Mouts replacement.
Contract €8m a year. Thats €150k a week. Would be surprised if we gave him that much a week. Neves would have something to say about that.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All you have to do is look back a few tweets to see what that account is about.

Undoubtedly the worst part of the transfer windows, along with people replying to tweets with the video of the Arsenal Fan TV guy shouting “SIGN SOME PLAYERS!!” are troll accounts like that one.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grealish was sold.
I think Arsenal under Wenger sold 5 captains
I’m not wanting it to happen but Coady is not a premier quality CB.
There’s some posters on here I disagree with regularly as we have polar opposite opinions, but I still respect them.

Then there’s absolute *******s like this that needs calling out for the nonsense it is

jim_boner

Groupie
Reaction score
There’s some posters on here I disagree with regularly as we have polar opposite opinions, but I still respect them.

Then there’s absolute *******s like this that needs calling out for the nonsense it is
Exactly.
I was going to say he clearly hasn’t watched us this season, because coady has been immaculate. But then I realised it wouldn’t matter how well he played, some people just have an agenda.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The issue with Coady is not Coady’s performances.

It’s that he is the major beneficiary of us playing a back five and many see the 5-4-1 formation as the reason why we aren’t scoring.

If Coady is as good as some think, why doesn’t Lage play him in a back four? We’re told, and history suggests, Lage’s preferred formation is a back four.

Basically the situation with Coady is complex. Nobody can argue that his performances individually have been brilliant but it’s at what cost for the team?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s that he is the major beneficiary of us playing a back five and many see the 5-4-1 formation as the reason why we aren’t scoring.

If Coady is as good as some think, why doesn’t Lage play him in a back four? We’re told, and history suggests, Lage’s preferred formation is a back four.

Basically the situation with Coady is complex. Nobody can argue that his performances individually have been brilliant but it’s at what cost for the team?

Why doesnt he play Kilman or Saiss in a back 4?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly.
I was going to say he clearly hasn’t watched us this season, because coady has been immaculate. But then I realised it wouldn’t matter how well he played, some people just have an agenda.
I could have missed them but I don’t think I’ve seen anybody with an agenda posting on here.
Different points of of view, yes, but an agenda?……

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lazy analysis. Sorry.
You could argue any of the back 5 aren’t used to a back 4, and you can also argue that the formation we play can be far more effective going forward than we play.
Our defensive record would suggest our issues don’t lie with Coady.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could have missed them but I don’t think I’ve seen anybody with an agenda posting on here.
Different points of of view, yes, but an agenda?……
To an extent we all have unconscious bias. Some far worse than others.

Then there’s those who consciously slate a certain player or indeed praise. We are all guilty of it to a degree.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a bit odd isnt it certain people single out one of a back 3. All of them are playing superbly. All of them have only played superbly in a back 3 for us. Single out one of them and scapegoat them. At the end of the day, all 3 might only work in the current system and setup, we dont know that yet but i've always felt its incredibly unfair to single out one of them.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lazy analysis. Sorry.
You could argue any of the back 5 aren’t used to a back 4, and you can also argue that the formation we play can be far more effective going forward than we play.
Bruno has actually come out and said coady doesn’t have enough pace at the back, but instead of dropping deep - have better body positions / shape.

I think kilmsn could make the step up, but we don’t know fir any of them. All we know is saiss and coady are extremely slow, with the latter also prone to being bullied when left 1 vs 1. This suggests he is the weakest of the 3 to go to a back 4.

There’s no way I would sell coady, but our priority signing after a CM, should be a CB suited to a back 4 to play alongside kilman

R

reanswolf

I love Coady but do think there could well be some truth in the concerns about playing him in a back four.

We will perhaps only know whether this is true (or not) when / if we bring in more mobile midfielders. Only then will Bruno, I suspect, change to a more attacking style he is known to favour and revert to a back 4. It is a true dilemma, because that 'might' render our wonderful skipper 'surplus to requirements' if he cannot cope with the qualities of pace and agression in opponents that he would be more susceptible to in a straight back 4. But what I will say for Coads is that he has always stepped up to the mark whatever is asked of him and he has managed ok for England. He is a wonderful player and a wonderful Captain who binds the team and club together, and for that alone he would be a huge loss.

Concurrently, our current ultra-defensive style will pick us up points here and there, but I am not sure it is a sustainable style in the long run as fans will eventually lose patience with it, so Bruno may have very difficult choices ahead.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

I love Coady but do think there could well be some truth in the concerns about playing him in a back four.

We will perhaps only know whether this is true (or not) when / if we bring in more mobile midfielders. Only then will Bruno, I suspect, change to a more attacking style he is known to favour and revert to a back 4. It is a true dilemma, because that 'might' render our wonderful skipper 'surplus to requirements' if he cannot cope with the qualities of pace and agression in opponents that he would be more susceptible to in a straight back 4. But what I will say for Coads is that he has always stepped up to the mark whatever is asked of him and he has managed ok for England. He is a wonderful player and a wonderful Captain who binds the team and club together, and for that alone he would be a huge loss.

Concurrently, our current ultra-defensive style will pick us up points here and there, but I am not sure it is a sustainable style in the long run as fans will eventually lose patience with it, so Bruno may have very difficult choices ahead.
We’re also one injury away from disaster with the current approach.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Lazy analysis. Sorry.
I think playing a back 9 helps with the defensive record though. If you think it’s the players are great defensively and it’s all the forwards fault not the system, then that’s fine as it’s your opinion, but as has been mentioned many times because of the way we setup you could have the best front 3 in the world and would struggle to score as they are all so deep. Tough decisions will need to be made if Bruno wants to progress and it will probably upset a few but that’s life.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some link that Fabio viera is signing on loan with a view to a permanent deal from Porto

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair comment……in my case, I’m definitely biased in favour of Podence. I think he’s great.
We all are to some degree. I struggle with Traore, I think he disrupts the whole team ethos and lacks the intelligence to ever be any better than he is now. Hence why I would sell. I respect those who think that maverick element is what we lack.
Its a bit odd isnt it certain people single out one of a back 3. All of them are playing superbly. All of them have only played superbly in a back 3 for us. Single out one of them and scapegoat them. At the end of the day, all 3 might only work in the current system and setup, we dont know that yet but i've always felt its incredibly unfair to single out one of them.
Especially the England international and captain who for me is the life and soul of this club.
Bruno has actually come out and said coady doesn’t have enough pace at the back, but instead of dropping deep - have better body positions / shape.

I think kilmsn could make the step up, but we don’t know fir any of them. All we know is saiss and coady are extremely slow, with the latter also prone to being bullied when left 1 vs 1. This suggests he is the weakest of the 3 to go to a back 4.

There’s no way I would sell coady, but our priority signing after a CM, should be a CB suited to a back 4 to play alongside kilman
Extremely slow is an exaggeration, be fair.
He was prone to being bullied, how has he fared this year? I think we’ve seen a marked improvement, is this down to Lange?
I also would sign a centre back, to play on the right of Coady and move Kilman over.
I would be concentrating on the other 7 outfield players to improve our goal output.

Like it mate. Fair.
I think playing a back 9 helps with the defensive record though. If you think it’s the players are great defensively and it’s all the forwards fault not the system, then that’s fine as it’s your opinion, but as has been mentioned many times because of the way we setup you could have the best front 3 in the world and would struggle to score as they are all so deep. Tough decisions will need to be made if Bruno wants to progress and it will probably upset a few but that’s life.
I think our full backs need to do far more, as do our wide players. Our midfield lack the ability to break the line sadly (debated to death!) but I do expect far more from those 4.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guess it comes down to who’s got better potential
I’d actually like us to be going for someone that is the required level right now. We have plenty of “potential” in our own pipeline already. Potential doesn’t always materialise.
One ready to go signing rather than multiple signings with potential would be my preference.

Back
Top Bottom