Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2020 Transfer Window Rumour Thread (Wolves)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It´s the January window though.
It is very hard doing any kind of good biz during this time.
The time to do that is in the summer...our bad summer window cannot be corrected in January.
I think we will have to wait..that includes Nuno.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with all that but am still extremely positive based upon his and Shi’s comments. Silence does not mean anything at this stage so I remain resolutely confident that the club is in control and would not make such bullish comments without being confident. That said if the January window is as ineffective and uninspiring as last summer I will completely lose it as it will amount to Shi being shown to be talking out of his hole, thus resulting in us completely blowing a genuine chance to make the next step, and instead exposing ourselves to the enormous likelihood of regressing on and off the pitch in the summer. This really is a pivotal time for us and yet again I will spend far more time than I should this month on this bloody forum. It’s the hope that kills you in the end!

Brilliant post.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at our next lot of fixtures! We’re ****ed because we literally will have to put in an extra 20% of effort to even get a draw out of them.

These lads literally cannot cope with the work load demanded of them.

These aren’t games against **** teams or a few Europa league games against Pyunik.

We’ve literally played Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, United in the space of 3 weeks, in between other games every 3 days with 14 players. We’ve now got United, Soton Liverpool, United, Leicester our next 5 with 13 players and that’s before we play Espanyol.

It’s a ****ing mess.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team clearly requrie assistance in new blood coming in and esspecially to match the ambition fosun have stated that have for the club. This window will prove if that ambition really is correct as he new only needs a couple of fresh quality additions to maintain the upward curve nuno has generatd out of the small group he has.

D

Deleted member 4436

The time to do that is in the summer...our bad summer window cannot be corrected in January.

People keep saying that about January. Can you tell me why?

If we’re monitoring players for 2-3 windows, surely we’re building a picture as to whether deals are achievable?

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor recruitment last summer is absolutely biting us in the **** now. We're never going to find let alone pay for the quality of player this team needs at the moment - RCB, RWB, Striker - simply not going to happen. Doc, Bennett, Raul can only be replaced in the summer.
PS. I include Raul unwillingly, but I think Fosun will cash-in on him this summer.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't understand people questioning that Fosun aren't backing Nuno etc. It's pretty obvious, from Nuno's own comments over the past week, that the Club is working on bringing new signings in. Therefore Fosun have clearly told him we can spend.

It will happen. We all just want it to happen quickly. Fingers crossed we can get one or two in by next weekend. As hundreds have said, this starting XI needs help.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If those are the excuses when we have this depth of squad then I wouldnt blame Nuno for walking.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People keep saying that about January. Can you tell me why?

If we’re monitoring players for 2-3 windows, surely we’re building a picture as to whether deals are achievable?

It basically facts.
The amount of players available in January compared to the closed season is considerably smaller.
It´s just how it is.
I´m not saying it is impossible to do good business in January,but it is alot harder.
I don´t want quantity over quality,and I don´t want to see any panic transfers.
If I have to wait til summer,then I will.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If those are the excuses when we have this depth of squad then I wouldnt blame Nuno for walking.

The reason for our lack of depth comes from our bad summer window.
I am sure it cannot be corrected during a winter month.
I also thinks that Nuno will be heavily backed this upcoming summer,and I don´t think he will walk out on us.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** the notion that it’s January off.

Most teams use January to replace an injured player or under performing player.

we’re literally trying to get 25% of a squad because we ****ed up the summer transfer window.

There’s a big bloody difference.

D

Deleted member 5635

Don't understand people questioning that Fosun aren't backing Nuno etc. It's pretty obvious, from Nuno's own comments over the past week, that the Club is working on bringing new signings in. Therefore Fosun have clearly told him we can spend.

It will happen. We all just want it to happen quickly. Fingers crossed we can get one or two in by next weekend. As hundreds have said, this starting XI needs help.
Im working on getting with Margot Robbie but I know how that will work out

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

The team clearly requrie assistance in new blood coming in and esspecially to match the ambition fosun have stated that have for the club. This window will prove if that ambition really is correct as he new only needs a couple of fresh quality additions to maintain the upward curve nuno has generatd out of the small group he has.

The ambition went down a couple of notches with the disappearance of Laurie - he was the one getting marketing minutes by talking big, since he has gone there’s been little recruitment, and a pulling back on the position of the stadium, and statements of ambition in general.

i think it’s dad because nuno and his team have done their bit, but they’ve been struggling bravely for the last year.

If the owners don’t back nuno to make the step up to top four he’s going to go somewhere where they will.

FACT.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Anything resembling players sitting with Jeff & Co today??

Please say yes. :neutral:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fully expect this to be Nuno's last season unfortunately if he dont get backed for the players he wants/needs. It's his reputation at stake after all and his stock is high currently. He would not be short of offers. I fully hope that we get the players in and he carries on the magic for years to come.
The worrying thing about that is how many of the team would be looking to leave if he did?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is off.

Ruben is off.

Raul is off.

Even Mikey Burrows has had enough.

The end is nigh, the end is nigh, the end iiissss niiiggghhhh.

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gestifute reps were at the game.

I have literally no other inside info

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry to point out the bleeding obvious but l thought this was a rumour thread?

My posts were deleted for less than going off topic than all the wailing about lack of numbers.

I guess it’s OK when certain posters do it but not others.

Not really equitable is it?

Thinking the same thing, mate. A lot of threads being wrecked, making it hard to read and pointless posting.

Reaction score
Nuno won’t go anywhere, he’s an honourable man, he’s a Mendes man, obviously, but until he rocked up at Molineux, he was hardly on anyone’s managerial radar.
He, Mendes, and Fosun have a plan, we’re ahead of the plan by a year at least.
Let him do his job.
Rome was not built in a day, and this is the best Wolves side since McGarry’s side in the top division .

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno won’t go anywhere, he’s an honourable man, he’s a Mendes man, obviously, but until he rocked up at Molineux, he was hardly on anyone’s managerial radar.
He, Mendes, and Fosun have a plan, we’re ahead of the plan by a year at least.
Let him do his job.
Rome was not built in a day, and this is the best Wolves side since McGarry’s side in the top division .

Well said. Spot on.

Wardy129

Reaction score
Very easy to blame Jeff, Fosun, Thelwell etc but Nuno must take some of the blame. Regardless of his Job title he has a say in what players we bring in, I have no doubt about that. He would have given the Thumbs up to both Jesus and Cutrone. Don’t forget Nuno has said a number of time’s he wants to work with a small squad. It just so happens to be threadbare with Boly and Jota injured and the summer transfers not working out.

ps that is not me bashing Nuno that is just me pointing out he will need to harbour some of the blame.

for what it’s worth I don’t think Fosun will let us down and believe they will deliver at least 2 new faces

Joop

Groupie
Reaction score
Nuno has consistently said that he prefers working with a small squad. Worked well last season as we had very few injuries. It’s now starting to bite us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom