Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

James Chester anyone?

johnnybetchas

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
According to rumours James Chester has been reluctantly put up for sale by the Vile. Would he suit us as one of necessary English players for the squad?

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im all for offering £2m for Chester. £7m for Grealish. Should enable them to pay this months bills at least

Y

Yout85

According to rumours James Chester has been reluctantly put up for sale by the Vile. Would he suit us as one of necessary English players for the squad?

No such thing, as explained a few times in the past - the only rule is a maximum of 18(maybe 17? I forget) foreign players over the age of 21 in a squad of 25 (24??) Players under 21 can be included irrespective of nationality.

Home grown quotas only really become relevant at champions league level..... so we have another 12 months to address that.

S

ShropshireLad

I think he's a decent enough player but £10 million sounds a lot for him tbh. I also don't see him fitting into our systems very easily.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, definitely not Prem standard. He was found out every week when he was there with Hull.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a ball playing centre half, so no.

D

Deleted member 5910

If Villa think they're getting £10m for Chester and £40m for Grealish after the news of the last 24 hours, they're sorely mistaken. The vultures are circling.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I've watched Chester play many times for Wales. He's a good solid defender, but IMO not quite good enough for the Premier League and is prone to mistakes. Great player for the Championship and possibly a squad filler in Premier League. £10m? No way is he worth that.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really should be aiming higher than this.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a poor mans Ryan Bennett.

Literally. Same standard as Bennett, just owned by a club that is very, very poor.

S

ShropshireLad

If Villa think they're getting £10m for Chester and £40m for Grealish after the news of the last 24 hours, they're sorely mistaken. The vultures are circling.
Just as they did in our dark days when we were glad that clubs just took them off the payroll. Flowers, Pender and Humphrey being some examples I can remember but there were others.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way!Mawson is miles better than him. I'd have liked Fredericks from Fulham but he's gone to WHU - shame.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only if he changes his name to James Gesteros

D

Deleted member 3751

Same price as Boly?! He's a solid defender but more a better version of Batth in my opinion, not good enough on the ball. And if Villa think they're making a profit on him in their predicament they're bloody hoping

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Doesn't fit the "idea".....we are done with ordinary.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not much better than Danny and without his goal scoring ability.

Back
Top Bottom