Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jack Price

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Started two games, had a major hand in two goals from open play (both with those boring, simple 10 yard passes he keeps on playing) and two from set pieces. Several other chances from set pieces too. He is the most assured with the ball of the midfielders Zenga has inherited. He was maybe a little bit off the pace today in the first half but then he hasn't played that much. He simply has to start doesn't he? Play with other players who can play quick passes and move into space quickly (Teixeira and Wallace look to me like that are thinking on his wavelength) and I think we will really see his value.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the squad on merit, Zenga seems to know which players to use for each game, however all the players will leave at sometime, in football nothing lasts forever, we are the only ones not allowed to leave. I like Price, and I am starting to appreciate a few others that had lost their way under Kenny.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Agree.

Have liked Price and believe with better support and options around him he can be a real good player for us.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goes along with what many of us have been saying. The players we have are not as bad as last season showed them to be. Under a different manager with a more positive mentality they were capable of being much better.

B

BigBadWolfie

Best on the ball in our midfield today. Struggled a bit first half bur so did the rest of the midfield and the team as whole.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taking set pieces like he should have been under Jackett.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Price a lot. But I do think he gets a lot of allowances on here that other midfielders would not get if they put in the same performance. I prefer him over Edwards, Coady and Saville but I think they will all probably be rotated around Prince once he is up to speed.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive been chairman of the Jack Price fan club for about 3 years.

Absolutely love the lad.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jack price jack price Jack price Jack price

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
Price must start. Does the simple things well, not afraid to make himself available for a pass in difficult areas and rarely wastes a pass.

He keeps the play ticking over and makes sure we retain possession rather than panicking. Added to this, he is a leader and obviously very popular with the team. He seems to be in competition with Evans for that holding role but for me Price is head and shoulders above. COYW

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Price - Kmac were our best CM combo, and why KJ couldn't figure this out was bizarre. I think he's very underrated myself, and he is good at tidying up, which you need.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The stats when Jack's in the team to when he's not are well stacked in his favour. Managers must know this but he still finds himself out of the team. I can only think he gets overlooked because of his stature and that they fear he will get overpowered in that position. I'm sure a 6ft Jack Price never gets dropped. But Price with minders, maybe next to Prince and the improved Coady could be an interesting midfield 3 for us this season. He just doesn't give the ball away and his delivery from set pieces today was superb

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He played okay today, not excellent. But yes he is better than Evans.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The stats when Jack's in the team to when he's not are well stacked in his favour. Managers must know this but he still finds himself out of the team. I can only think he gets overlooked because of his stature and that they fear he will get overpowered in that position. I'm sure a 6ft Jack Price never gets dropped. But Price with minders, maybe next to Prince and the improved Coady could be an interesting midfield 3 for us this season. He just doesn't give the ball away and his delivery from set pieces today was superb

Well that is a point on which I disagree. I think he needs quick clever players who make runs, can play instant passes and add something he doesn't have, the ability to go past people. I think putting him in with Coady and the like is actually doing him a disservice.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Below his normal standard in the first half, but brilliant after the break (before he was subbed). And also, apparently, great on set pieces!

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that is a point on which I disagree. I think he needs quick clever players who make runs, can play instant passes and add something he doesn't have, the ability to go past people. I think putting him in with Coady and the like is actually doing him a disservice.
I think you're right in that he needs those clever players to link up with and play some one touch stuff but he should be doing that with the likes of Mason, Wallace and Tiexiera, preferably higher up the pitch so he can play a pass like he did into Mason today for our equaliser

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of current options like Edwards, Saville, Evans and Coady, Price is definitely the best. But overall I still think we need a serious upgrade in central midfield if we want promotion.McDonald has not been replaced yet. Teixeira is part of this upgrade and perhaps Prince will be too but would like to see one more classy midfielder brought in with Price battling it out for a place. At the end of the day are Saville and Edwards good enough? I don't think so. Coady played well today but still has a hell of lot to prove if he is going to fit into a much higher potential squad which Walter is now intent on building. Evans probably needs to go out on loan unless he can shift up a gear. See him Coady and Price as hopefully very useful squad players but we need something special in central midfield in the next few months and in the future. May take a couple more transfer windows for these major changes to take place. But for now Price needs to get a run of games.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of current options like Edwards, Saville, Evans and Coady, Price is definitely the best. But overall I still think we need a serious upgrade in central midfield if we want promotion.McDonald has not been replaced yet. Teixeira is part of this upgrade and perhaps Prince will be too but would like to see one more classy midfielder brought in with Price battling it out for a place. At the end of the day are Saville and Edwards good enough? I don't think so. Coady played well today but still has a hell of lot to prove if he is going to fit into a much higher potential squad which Walter is now intent on building. Evans probably needs to go out on loan unless he can shift up a gear. See him Coady and Price as hopefully very useful squad players but we need something special in central midfield in the next few months and in the future. May take a couple more transfer windows for these major changes to take place. But for now Price needs to get a run of games.
Saville gets a lot of stick but he is still only 22. Iorfa and hause are young too. In 2-3 years they may all come good. Price is wolves for 15+ years and i rate him highly. Nice lad too

Reaction score
If the stats are stacked in his favour then why was it last season we had a better points per game record without price than we did with him? To add to that the games where we conceded the highest amount of goals were also when he played.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the stats are stacked in his favour then why was it last season we had a better points per game record without price than we did with him? To add to that the games where we conceded the highest amount of goals were also when he played.
Stand corrected if thats the case. I always thought we had a better win ratio with Price in the team. Perhaps that was up until last season

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Steve Weaver was running the development squad, JP's future was seen as an attacking midfielder
Yup, it's how he started. I think Walter wants all his midfield to do all the midfield jobs. I reckon when Prince is up to speed, the two of them plus another could be the engine we are looking for..

D

Deleted member 4152

He's a cracking little player. Yet there is at least one on here that slate him constantly

D

Deleted member 4594

Mcdonald isn't being missed at all. Wouldn't fit into our current style and I'm glad he's gone.

DJMolineux

Groupie
Reaction score
Like Jack Price and would like to see him more often in the team, but didn't think he played well at Blues. More poor passes in the first half than I have ever seen from him in 45 minutes.
Do think he is better played deep as one of the two in a 4231

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish Jack had taken corners and free kicks for England in the Euros, we might have actually kept the ball on the pitch.

L

LesDavies69

Just checked the stats and he is the leading player for most chances created (6) and key passes (5). He has only played 72 minutes of Championship football this season.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a cracking little player. Yet there is at least one on here that slate him constantly
There's people on here who slate others too, it's a forum.
No problems with JP personally, but expect Prince to be first choice if they're competing for the same position.

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He might not be as flashy and tricky as Tex, but he does all the simple stuff so well & is very reliable.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
SORRY. Strongly disagree. He should be gone with the rest of Jackets Dross! Fair enough if Zenga utilises when needed! i dont see the quality, and am unsure what everyone else sees.

L

LesDavies69

SORRY. Strongly disagree. He should be gone with the rest of Jackets Dross! Fair enough if Zenga utilises when needed! i dont see the quality, and am unsure what everyone else sees.

Most chances created and most key passes and only played 79 minutes this season.

Highest Pass Accuracy and before you play the "sideways and backwards passing card".... of which 65% of his passes were forward.

But apart from them facts, yes he is has no quality.

Back
Top Bottom