Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

iTunes query.

Hereford Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All my songs on iTunes are downloaded from CD many years ago on a different computer.
Nearly all the tracks have an exclamation mark in a circle to the left of the listing.
If I click on the exclamation mark it tells me the song cannot be used because the original file cannot be found.
It gives me a choice - Locate or Cancel
Pointless me pressing locate as the original songs are not on my computer. If I press cancel, it gives me the cloud symbol with the down arrow next to the track.
I can then download it from the cloud.

How can I do this so that I can download all of my collection at the same time rather than individual tracks?

J

johnybig32

Sometimes at the top there is a cloud you can click on and it will queue them all to I think?

Hereford Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes at the top there is a cloud you can click on and it will queue them all to I think?
No - I click on the cloud but nothing is downloading because there is no cloud symbol next to the tracks.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Try the official Apple site. Their help pages have often helped me to solve problems. If not you can call them or do a live chat.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have recently downloaded any updates for iTunes? Sometimes this messes with your library.

I remember something similar happened to me in my early days of using iTunes to store stuff & I ended up having to re-record/download everything again. Best to have a back up drive if possible. I've got so much of my music transferred to iTunes now for use on my ipod,
that it would be a nightmare to lose chunks of it.

Hereford Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi I have downloaded all the new updates....maybe this is what has happened.

I'm now going to find an alternative to iTunes..something really simple if possible.
I just want to listen to albums and make playlists.

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom