Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

It's all a far cry from 2002 when Paul Ince & Dennis Irwin ...had to get changed in a Portakabin

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wolves: Super agent Jorge Mendes, Chinese owners and global ambition
another article... fairly balanced

"Mendes is not the agent for even half of the players Wolves have signed since the Fosun takeover. However, he is an invaluable source of information for Shi, whose business expertise comes from outside football."

"If we want to be the totem for the area then the facilities and the stadium need to be better than they are. There are parts of that stadium that are 35 years old," said Dalrymple.

"Time and technology develops so quickly. We know we have some work to do but it will be strategic and methodical."

Millions are being spent on the training ground, where the first team pitch has already been dug up and the rest of the facilities are set for a major overhaul.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still find the Ben Stevenson transfer curious and Mir was abysmal when he played. Guess we'll see since at least they are both young.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good article. At least it seems to be factual rather than tendentious for a change

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s a good article. This part i especially like, particularly the last paragraph:

“The only thing we had to sort out when we came was the first team. Now we have done that, we can do something really special," Shi said.

"But this is a long-term thing and it is not only about the first team.

"It is about the facilities, the academy, the stadium, everything to help make the club one of the best in the world. That is our vision."

I love Fosun.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still find the Ben Stevenson transfer curious and Mir was abysmal when he played. Guess we'll see since at least they are both young.
Abysmal?!?!? Bit harsh on a kid coming to a new league. Cant really judge him on Forest at home, he touched the ball about 4 times

Archiwolf

Reaction score
Interesting comparison to Blackburn takeover and the lack of 'finger pointing'. If you are ambitious and you put yourselves out there, you are going to be shot at. More so, of people are genuinely worried about their own status.

I love it!

R

reanswolf

It’s a good article. This part i especially like, particularly the last paragraph:

“The only thing we had to sort out when we came was the first team. Now we have done that, we can do something really special," Shi said.

"But this is a long-term thing and it is not only about the first team.

"It is about the facilities, the academy, the stadium, everything to help make the club one of the best in the world. That is our vision."

I love Fosun.
So lets show a bit of love to Fosun.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can! His touch was dreadful!

But he needs time to settle in so let's see if he comes into the team next year :)

Skyscraper

Reaction score
the Mir transfer surprised me i was expecting him to go right into the first team especially having the number 9. played a few games then went into the under23s.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you suggesting they are dodgy deals?

Not at all. One of them is known by nuno so makes sense as a long term option perhaps (I just wasn't impressed with what we saw), the other did make me wonder if this was a remnant of how we used to do things tho.

Back
Top Bottom