Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is there ANY chance this team stays together next year?

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neto goes to Chelsea for a fee plus players; which Chelsea players would you take from their performances yesterday? For me, only Palmer and Gallagher showed any desire for the hosts and there's no way Palmer would be sold so soon, so possibly just Gallagher. They can keep the others; including their ridiculously over-priced Caicedo, Fernandez and Mudryk.
No point in even discussing this, not a chance he goes to Chelsea.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he stays fit, sadly it's time for Neto to go this summer. This is his chance at the big time and he is more than good enough.

Genuinely think we'll keep everybody else though. If we can somehow get our hands on an outstanding centre half, and replace Neto appropriately - probably with two players - we'll be in good shape.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he stays fit, sadly it's time for Neto to go this summer. This is his chance at the big time and he is more than good enough.

Genuinely think we'll keep everybody else though. If we can somehow get our hands on an outstanding centre half, and replace Neto appropriately - probably with two players - we'll be in good shape.
Agreed but struggling to see where he goes

Arsenal - not got a lot of money to splash and will need a forward for example Toney
Man City - Don't need him
Chelsea - See Arsenal.
Man Utd - Plenty of wide players
Spurs - Possible but would they spend the 70m?

Clubs are going to be a lot wiser in spending and think we have also seen the benefit of this with smarter buys and also letting the youth come through

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Our decision makers will probably think we have done really well without him, scoring goals and creating chances, so he hasn’t been missed.

He’s been great this season and will get better imo. Proving his doubters wrong and I would keep him.
or do we sell when his stock is high? I think he's replaceable as you say.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Arsenal - not got a lot of money to splash and will need a forward for example Toney
Chelsea - See Arsenal.

Clubs are going to be a lot wiser in spending and think we have also seen the benefit of this with smarter buys and also letting the youth come through
I could see Man Utd they love throwing money at it failing that abroad.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Chelsea - See Arsenal.

Arsenal nailed on for me given they've tried for a few windows, with either injury or January premium price getting in the way. Teams that want to win things are pretty ruthless and if he's available, suspect they'd happily bring him in and if needs be, sell the likes of Trossard, Nketiah.

I can also see a scenario where Salah leaves Liverpool when Klopp goes and he'd fit right in there.

Man City didn't need Nunes either. They can and will sign players to have as an option just so their rivals don't. Bit sad really.

Man Utd have plenty of wide players but he's better than all of them, apart from maybe an in-form Rashford, which is rare these days.

He's out of here if he's fit, sadly. But as I say, he definitely deserves it.

What's more worrying is how good Portugal will be this summer if somebody as good as Neto will only just make their bench.

Teddy Ruxpin

Groupie
Reaction score
I would love this team to stay together and I think the core of it may well have a few years in them.

I do think we have to accept Neto is off, I am hoping that we are sounding out serious buyers and are getting this lined up early to understand our own targets and what we have to work with, given our current reluctance to spend before incomings

Regards the Jota deal, the real issue with that wasn't the payment structure but valuing Hoever at £11m

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If he stays fit, Neto will almost certainly go.
Cunha a bit more unknown, if he carries on banging goals in plus assists, there will be interest but it would need to be a big offer, 60-75m given what we paid for him, not sure clubs will be interested at that price.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he stays fit, Neto will almost certainly go.
Cunha a bit more unknown, if he carries on banging goals in plus assists, there will be interest but it would need to be a big offer, 60-75m given what we paid for him, not sure clubs will be interested at that price.
Cant see Cunha going,he loves it here and as you say it would take serious money to get him
If he continues in this form he will be an £80 mil player and not many clubs have that spending power

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on Europe qualifying as well. And fa cup too.

Players in a successful team often readjust their perspective.

There's a chance if more success, and they often have very positive relationships with other players and staff.

New owners could also be significant for the clubs prospects.

Too many variables to make a call right now.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Chelsea - See Arsenal.

Liverpool is the only one that makes sense to me as a replacement for Salah. Man City his play doesn’t suit and will end up on the bench like Grealish and Arsenal already have Saka, Martinelli and Trossard. Others UK are less guaranteed Champions League football.
If he goes which I’m still hoping he won’t, I think it will be Liverpool or abroad e.g. Real Madrid..

Last edited:

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think there is any chance because we need to sell to generate funds. Its what our model needs to be, i dont like it, but it is what it is. I personally think its going to be something like this

Most likely to leave - Neto and RAN

Going to attract a lot of interest - Cunha, Gomes, Kilman

Clearing out the deadwood and not good enough - Guedes, Silva, Hodge, Cundle, Hoever, Kalajdzic, Chiquino

Surprise transfer out - Mario Lemina

I doubt all of those will go, but i can see quite a few out the door. I think Lemina as a surprise because i do actually think a biggish club could maybe look at him for a short term signing for experience.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Chelsea - See Arsenal.

Neto is nailed on for Citeh. I think its pretty common knowledge they are looking for a right sided attacker. He's exactly the type of player Pep wants. Its probably already a done deal.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we have to be sensible about it. Copy Brighton's approach. Accept that they will leave and be ready to replace them.
The successors to those who are going must already have been identified, have been approached, be willing to sign.

Nobody who leaves should catch Wolves off guard. That's if we are being run properly.

What happens on the pitch can blind everybody to what might be a complete shambles where succession planning is concerned and only becomes apparent when the following season is one big struggle.

Brighton will already have a successor to De Zerbi, Ferguson, Mitoma and others.

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
The successors to those who are going must already have been identified, have been approached, be willing to sign.

Nobody who leaves should catch Wolves off guard. That's if we are being run properly.

What happens on the pitch can blind everybody to what might be a complete shambles where succession planning is concerned and only becomes apparent when the following season is one big struggle.

Brighton will already have a successor to De Zerbi, Ferguson, Mitoma and others.
Absolutely this.

We had noone at the club before with a really good experience of replacing stars and developing and turning over a team.

We've done it now and to be honest from JLop coming in to now, it's gone ok with the transfer windows.

Hopefully we have learnt from it all and can become as good as if not better than Brighton.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Neto is nailed on for Citeh. I think its pretty common knowledge they are looking for a right sided attacker. He's exactly the type of player Pep wants. Its probably already a done deal.
The relationship with Man City is becoming tight

Reaction score
I dont think there is any chance because we need to sell to generate funds. Its what our model needs to be, i dont like it, but it is what it is. I personally think its going to be something like this

Most likely to leave - Neto and RAN

Going to attract a lot of interest - Cunha, Gomes, Kilman

Clearing out the deadwood and not good enough - Guedes, Silva, Hodge, Cundle, Hoever, Kalajdzic, Chiquino

Surprise transfer out - Mario Lemina

I doubt all of those will go, but i can see quite a few out the door. I think Lemina as a surprise because i do actually think a biggish club could maybe look at him for a short term signing for experience.
Add podence to the deadwood

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This makes sense actually, they’ve been suspiciously easy to deal with this last year.

I mentioned in the transfer thread, there was a article talking about how us and PSG have a really good working relationship.

I mean they'll earn a shirt sale with Neto on if they do

Reactions: Ned

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto will go for sure, injury is the only reason he's still here. The rest will be down to what bids we get.

Yes, he deserves his chance and has shown us loyalty when it he could have pushed for a move, he's been like Neves in his patience and integrity, a top character.

It's crazy to think that at the start of next season Jota will have been gone for 4 years, and part of the comfort of letting him go was because Neto looked as if he had more to offer. 4 years on....injuries have really messed him up, but we can salvage a big fee and get him a great move.
I hope he has a real impact between now and the end of the season and steers clcear of injury, and hopefully we can get to a cup final.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, he deserves his chance and has shown us loyalty when it he could have pushed for a move, he's been like Neves in his patience and integrity, a top character.

It's crazy to think that at the start of next season Jota will have been gone for 4 years, and part of the comfort of letting him go was because Neto looked as if he had more to offer. 4 years on....injuries have really messed him up, but we can salvage a big fee and get him a great move.
I hope he has a real impact between now and the end of the season and steers clcear of injury, and hopefully we can get to a cup final.

Yeah Wolves succession planning was flawless for the Jota -> Neto transition. Brighton-esque you could say! Can't blame Wolves for the injuries. Shame we weren't that good with others...

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto will 95% go. Only 5% depending on if injuries impact him anymore this season. PSG or Citeh would be nice for us they pay decent fees.

Arsenal seem likely but I would judge his ambition if he goes to them. He's better than being a rotational attacker because he won't get in over their own "starboy" Saka and think he is wasted on the left even if he is better than Martinelli.

I would hope to keep the others to be honestly. We have plenty of players we might be able to get some money for that aren't part of the plans like Sasa, Silva, Podence and Guedes.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto will 95% go. Only 5% depending on if injuries impact him anymore this season. PSG or Citeh would be nice for us they pay decent fees.

Arsenal seem likely but I would judge his ambition if he goes to them. He's better than being a rotational attacker because he won't get in over their own "starboy" Saka and think he is wasted on the left even if he is better than Martinelli.

I would hope to keep the others to be honestly. We have plenty of players we might be able to get some money for that aren't part of the plans like Sasa, Silva, Podence and Guedes.
He will go City they asked about his availability recently we could get Kabore & McAtee in return with big cash. Handsome deal

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be happy with just Neto leaving. If we can get a huge fee for him, I'm hoping it'll mean we can reinforce the squad and not have to sell anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom