Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is there ANY chance this team stays together next year?

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anything is possible. If Neto stays fit I guess that he's the most likely exit.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be great if they did, but we all (including GON) want some reinforcements and they will probably need to be funded from players sales, so unlikely they will all be here start of 24/25.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very unlikely. As has been said by others, we will need to sell to buy. If he's fit, Neto will want to move on regardless to further his career.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto will go for sure, injury is the only reason he's still here. The rest will be down to what bids we get.

Cunha, Gomes and Ait-Nouri are playing too good too often to not have clubs interested, lets be honest. Then there's the Napoli and West Ham interest in Kilman. Hard to see a bid not coming in for at least one of those 4 you'd think on top of Neto.

Last edited:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes - but only if clubs don’t want to pay our players worth due to FFP

We also need a cut off. No players sold in August.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Neto definitely and if cunha continues we will struggle and likely have bids for hwang neto and cunha

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
We've been bad before at letting players go too late. It would be nice to see the core of these players stay but important to be realistic, recognise when it's time to cash in and reinvest correctly. The sale of Jota wouldn't have hurt half as much if the money had been spent better.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've been bad before at letting players go too late. It would be nice to see the core of these players stay but important to be realistic, recognise when it's time to cash in and reinvest correctly. The sale of Jota wouldn't have hurt half as much if the money had been spent better.
Or if we actually got it upfront and not installments

The deal for the sale was awful what we agreed to. Can't see Hobbs doing that

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly I think we will lose at least 3 in order to fund squad additions. It's just how Fosun want the 'self-sustaining' model to work.

As @we love jez moxey said - the key is (like Brighton) smart succession planning.

But don't be surprised if the Summer transfer market is like a complex game of chess. Many clubs need to sell before they can buy/rebuild - Chelsea for instance reportedly need to generate 100m of player sales before 30 Jun. Throw the Euros into the mix, I'd be really surprised if things aren't left very late for most clubs. Its also how much money the Saudis will come in with to kick start some activity i.e. 100M+ for Salah.

Last edited:

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Or if we actually got it upfront and not installments

The deal for the sale was awful what we agreed to. Can't see Hobbs doing that
Such a strange thing to say. We got more money with that arrangement and no one pays up front.
We’re praising Hobbs for paying for mini lemina in instalments even at that low price but not expecting any other club to do it .
We got a better deal for nunes after agreeing to instalments but no one mentions that.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto will be off for a big fee if he stays fit but I wouldn't expect anyone else to move next season assuming we want to keep them.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have a feeling it will only be Neto that goes..

Reaction score
Given the contract situation I think you can add Semedo to the list of players who probably won't be here next season. Important that any outward movement is planned for and replacements / additions in place early

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if Neto carries on as he is currently there’s every chance he’ll go. Gomes / RAN I think it’s probably a year too soon, they’re not at the “elite” stage yet and would be better suited having another full season than going to a big boy and not starting every week. Cunha similar to Neto depends on second half the season and we paid a lot for him so it’s harder for a real ROI.

Also think ours and other clubs positions with FFP/PSR comes into it. I don’t think in general it’s going to be a summer where we see a lot of £60 million plus transfers so we may have to do some proper wheeler dealer negotiations.

On the whole though it can only be seen as a positive in my eyes, it’s better having “Crown Jewels” in the safe than a few packs of ham in the fridge! Will be a big summer for Shi/Hobbs/GON to negotiate

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Posters have already identified the players most likely to attract interest

Neto
Gomes
Cuhna
Kilman
Ran

I think it's 99% that Neto goes, I would not be surprised if he ends up at Chelsea with player swops plus cash. But it's probably more likely he ends up at Arsenal for a good fee.

I think if the price gets to £60m plus add ons he's gone.

I think Gomes or Kilman are probably the next likely to leave, again I think offers over £40m from an English premier league team and they are both gone.

I am not sure Cuhna will be sold this summer unless we get some big offers. I don't think he has done enough yet in front of goal to command the £50m+ we would want to make it worth while. But again, any surprise offer north of £60m and he is gone.

I do think at least two will go, Neto plus one other probably Gomes or Kilman. Together these two sales will bring in £100m, of which GON will get around £60m to reinvest.

They will reshape the wider squad with out of contract bargains (Che Adams?) returning loanees, and a smattering of £10m-£15m 'projects'.

Barring any surprises we will be fighting for 8th -12th again and another year in the prem.

And to be honest I am happy with that as long as its entertaining.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think keeping the group together would be linked to European football.

Which would probably involve finishing above Newcastle, Brighton and West Ham. United too if Chelsea win the Caraboa.

So very, very little chance that we see the team that started yesterday next season.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Posters have already identified the players most likely to attract interest

Neto
Gomes
Cuhna
Kilman
Ran

I think it's 99% that Neto goes, I would not be surprised if he ends up at Chelsea with player swops plus cash. But it's probably more likely he ends up at Arsenal for a good fee.

I think if the price gets to £60m plus add ons he's gone.

I think Gomes or Kilman are probably the next likely to leave, again I think offers over £40m from an English premier league team and they are both gone.

I am not sure Cuhna will be sold this summer unless we get some big offers. I don't think he has done enough yet in front of goal to command the £50m+ we would want to make it worth while. But again, any surprise offer north of £60m and he is gone.

I do think at least two will go, Neto plus one other probably Gomes or Kilman. Together these two sales will bring in £100m, of which GON will get around £60m to reinvest.

They will reshape the wider squad with out of contract bargains (Che Adams?) returning loanees, and a smattering of £10m-£15m 'projects'.

Barring any surprises we will be fighting for 8th -12th again and another year in the prem.

And to be honest I am happy with that as long as its entertaining.
If Neto goes to Chelsea for a fee plus players; which Chelsea players would you take from their performances yesterday? For me, only Palmer and Gallagher showed any desire for the hosts and there's no way Palmer would be sold so soon, so possibly just Gallagher. They can keep the others; including their ridiculously over-priced Caicedo, Fernandez and Mudryk.

fleck1

Reaction score
I'm pretty relaxed we have a lot of exciting young talent, all tied down to nice long deals. Id rather that than a team nobody is interested in, I think even the most gold tinted specs can see Neto is out growing us very quickly. Fully expect him to go and only injuries will hold him back now, but he has carried himself well, embraced the club and we all know he'll depart in the right manner. Beyond that I don't really see us losing anyone we don't want to, Cunha is playing the best football of his career and embracing being the talisman is he going to want to become another name in a big squad so soon? Kilman had no desire to depart last summer, new long term deal and club captain. Gomes and RAN are both still young playing week in week out, so see them sticking around. I see a market for all 5 of them come the summer and obviously everyone has their price but I don't see us losing anyone without a stupid bid. We've been guilty of hanging on to players to long in the past so its a balancing act, but we have a group that could set the club up for a number of seasons going forward.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
there’s a question to be asked about how much spending there will be this summer.

If there’s not much being spent then they won’t go, simple as that.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Neto could end up going to a Real Madrid type team as I'm not sure the clubs over here have as much money to spend. I'm convinced he will go at the end of the season, which is unfortunately what we need to happen once a year to keep the evolution of the squad and keeping it fresh.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unlikely Neto is around and seems fairly obvious we will get interest for Cunha and RAN. Don't think Sarabia will be around either.
So we are in existence just to survive in the Premier League and hope to have a decent run in the Cup competitions?

I want us to be fighting for a European place every season and competing against the so called Big 6.

The way to do that is to keep our best players and make them aware of our ambitions. All we need is 2 or 3 quality additions imo.

Why break it up and start all over again every season? Hopefully our FFP/PSR problems are behind us for a few seasons now and we can give GON what he needs and deserves, before he is poached!

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Happy other clubs interested - not long ago we had a squad no one else wanted! Key is buying cheap, develop for 3 years then sell for big profit. BUT max if 3 sales per year. Need some stability. Good business model hut all depends on finding the gems consistently (Neto, Ait-Nouri, Kilman, Gomes etc)

Reaction score
The obvious one to leave would be Neto but he is under contract until 2027 so it would take a huge bid for us to accept. It's always been inevitable that he would move on at some point (as it was with Neves) and his injury record is what has prevented that thus far.

Of the others, I'd be confident of keeping Cunha for one more season (unless a silly offer came in) and probably the same with Gomes. We may see the likes of Sarabia leave and possibly Semedo, given their contract situations, but the nucleus of the team will hopefully be the same with 3 or 4 new additions supplemented by the likes of Mosquera and Chiq possibly returning to the squad?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I personally hope Neto goes to Man city...I would want a bit less cash and get them to chuck Mcatee in..... hopefully say 60m plus Mcatee....we have a young replacement then plus some money for profit 30m plus say 30m to use on a couple of other players.....

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Neto could end up going to a Real Madrid type team as I'm not sure the clubs over here have as much money to spend. I'm convinced he will go at the end of the season, which is unfortunately what we need to happen once a year to keep the evolution of the squad and keeping it fresh.

PSG if they lose Mbappe to the financially broken Real Madrid who definitely don't have the money ... Like they tell us .... Then sign Mbappe .... But no money remember

Reactions: Ned

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't see Cunha leaving this soon and seems to be loving it here, Neto will for sure injury depending.
RAN very possibly but i'd guess at no and again too early for Gomes.

I think we'd look to upgrade Kilman so if an offer comes in we might go for it.

Nice problems do have eh

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PSG if they lose Mbappe to the financially broken Real Madrid who definitely don't have the money ... Like they tell us .... Then sign Mbappe .... But no money remember
This makes sense actually, they’ve been suspiciously easy to deal with this last year.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see Cunha leaving this soon and seems to be loving it here, Neto will for sure injury depending.
RAN very possibly but i'd guess at no and again too early for Gomes.

I think we'd look to upgrade Kilman so if an offer comes in we might go for it.

Nice problems do have eh
RAN is the one that worries me most. Neto is probably going but I don’t think we can afford to lose both of them at the same time. I can’t see Cunha leaving just yet, he seems genuinely happy to be at the club and seems like a really good guy. But money talks…

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we are in existence just to survive in the Premier League and hope to have a decent run in the Cup competitions?

I want us to be fighting for a European place every season and competing against the so called Big 6.

The way to do that is to keep our best players and make them aware of our ambitions. All we need is 2 or 3 quality additions imo.

Why break it up and start all over again every season? Hopefully our FFP/PSR problems are behind us for a few seasons now and we can give GON what he needs and deserves, before he is poached!
Thats the problem ,we have 2 bad seasons of losses on the books, and until they are cleared we have to sell to buy
Looking at stats in the Prem we have currently 2 players in and around the top ten for goals scored and 3 players in the top 15 for assists
Cunha Hwang Neto and Sarabia
I can see Hwang and Neto both going in the summer to fund a refresh tbh maybe more if the price is right
Its just where we are and the system we have to follow unfortunately

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately I doubt they will still be here for the reason said by others - we need to sell one or two stars to fund acquisitions to strengthen the squad as a whole. I just hope that it’s only 1-2 of the most valuable, and that the core of the squad remains intact and the acquisitions add quality and depth to the squad.

Reactions: Ned

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thats the problem ,we have 2 bad seasons of losses on the books, and until they are cleared we have to sell to buy
Looking at stats in the Prem we have currently 2 players in and around the top ten for goals scored and 3 players in the top 15 for assists
Cunha Hwang Neto and Sarabia
I can see Hwang and Neto both going in the summer to fund a refresh tbh maybe more if the price is right
Its just where we are and the system we have to follow unfortunately
Would be great if we could get some decent money for Hwang. As good as he has been im probably the least concerned about him leaving plus the timing would be good I feel.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be great if we could get some decent money for Hwang. As good as he has been im probably the least concerned about him leaving plus the timing would be good I feel.
Our decision makers will probably think we have done really well without him, scoring goals and creating chances, so he hasn’t been missed.

He’s been great this season and will get better imo. Proving his doubters wrong and I would keep him.

Back
Top Bottom