Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is there a club announcement at 1pm??

C

Craddockinho

Cat 1 status I reckon. Complete with powerpoint presentation.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be Cat 1 status for academy.

W

we8wba

cat 1 status which been deleted on express and star and will re-emerge at 1.15pm (in likelyhood)

ProudWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
DDV, O'Hara, Kightly, Jarvis, Fletcher all sold is my guess.

C

Craddockinho

Due to popular demand they have resigned Guedioura from Forest for £5m.

D

Deleted member 4008

Moxey is passing on the day to day running of the club to Terry Connor.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Messi has agreed to join the club on a one year loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Messi?

I hope this doesn't mean that Jarvis will leave.

No, Jarvis, Fletch and Kights have committed themselves to the club for the rest of their careers. Roger Johnson has also agreed to join Banks Brewery as part of the beer testing team.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
cat 1 status which been deleted on express and star and will re-emerge at 1.15pm (in likelyhood)

Deleted? So they shouldn't have announced it or had the quotes?

$$$$$$...thought this 1pm thing might have been something different, but suppose you have to expect Moxey to get some publicity.

V

VikingWolf

Forgive me for being the grumpy old git, but I do hope the people responsible for the official website doesn't get paid for it... Reload 6 times to read a short article, loose the first and last line of every "page" and they even manage to break up the "pages" mid sentence...

W

Woffles

Deleted? So they shouldn't have announced it or had the quotes?

They've gone too soon! (as David Coleman used to say in the 10,000m commentary). Clearly the club wanted to release the news first.

Someone at the E&S will be getting such a *******ing right now. :D

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A mistake made by someone at E&S. The press release would have been sent to them with an embargo time for release.

Someone put it up before it should have been and then deleted when they realised their mistake.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone seen the video of Stale's thoughts? Hes a real likable fella who has makes some great points especially the win win win mentality in kids football in this country. Really hope his time here works out well for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone seen the video of Stale's thoughts? Hes a real likable fella who has makes some great points especially the win win win mentality in kids football in this country. Really hope his time here works out well for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point about when Hansen & Savage were saying about Team GB having 60% of possession but 65% of it being in defence is as true as it gets.

References to how Spain/Barcelona dominate games by controlling possession in the opposition's half by constantly pressing high up the pitch and controlling the game with strict, flowing passing movements is how I expect us to atleast attempt to play this season. Players like Fletch, Jarvis, Milijas, O'Hara and Kights will be massive to how well we succeed in playing this way because it requires that element of quality with ball control and passing.

His philosophy is perfect to me, he wants to play football the right way rather than MM's hoof-and-hope method which was never really going to get us very far even with a strong financial backing. Yeah I'm being optimistic here, but finally we have reason to be optimistic about.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The point about when Hansen & Savage were saying about Team GB having 60% of possession but 65% of it being in defence is as true as it gets.

References to how Spain/Barcelona dominate games by controlling possession in the opposition's half by constantly pressing high up the pitch and controlling the game with strict, flowing passing movements is how I expect us to atleast attempt to play this season. Players like Fletch, Jarvis, Milijas, O'Hara and Kights will be massive to how well we succeed in playing this way because it requires that element of quality with ball control and passing.

His philosophy is perfect to me, he wants to play football the right way rather than MM's hoof-and-hope method which was never really going to get us very far even with a strong financial backing. Yeah I'm being optimistic here, but finally we have reason to be optimistic about.

Did you see the first half v Villa in Jan? Hit and hope it ain't!

It's comfortable to say Micks teams play hit and hope but it's not the truth.

The truth is that the best teams take time to evolve and in the Clubs development under Mick I felt going into that game that we were getting close to a comfortable mid table Premiership team. If I had a penny for the number of Wolves fans who said that was the best display from a Wolves side that they had seen . . .

Then fate took a hand . . .

We will see how Stale measures up to Micks record in due course

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The truth is that the best teams take time to evolve and in the Clubs development under Mick I felt going into that game that we were getting close to a comfortable mid table Premiership team. If I had a penny for the number of Wolves fans who said that was the best display from a Wolves side that they had seen . . .

By saying hoof-and-hope, I didn't mean we did that 100% everytime we got the ball, just that we had the tendency to do it more often than not rather than playing proper football. We did start out well, but obviously something went wrong and he has to take the blame for it. Whether that was due to lack of motivation, poor individual player-management communication we don't know. He had the financial backing from the club and he didn't manage to get the best out of what was there for him. Yes, we looked great in those first three games of the season taking 2 wins and a draw. But, the reality of it all is that the EPL consists of 38 games, not 3 games. At the end of the day, we can only go on what we saw and to be quite honest with you, it was absolutely dire watching Wolves for maybe 30 out of the 38 games last season.

C

Craddockinho

That Aston Villa game was a season defining moment.

I thought we were excellent 1st half, there was a pattern to the play, both Kightly and Jarvis were getting in excellent positions and causing some real problems.

Then in the 2nd half we completely imploded, Henry got sent off, Frimpong injured, Keane stuck 2 strikes in the top corner. A 3-2 defeat in a game we should have won at a canter.

We never recovered from that.

D

Dewsburywolf

I thought we were excellent 1st half, there was a pattern to the play, both Kightly and Jarvis were getting in excellent positions and causing some real problems.

And then McLeish put a proper left back on (Warnock) & Kightly was snuffed out

Then in the 2nd half we completely imploded, Henry got sent off, Frimpong injured, Keane stuck 2 strikes in the top corner. A 3-2 defeat in a game we should have won at a canter.

Frimpong's injury & Henry's Coldplay moment couldn't really have been foreseen though to be fair

C

Craddockinho

Frimpong's injury & Henry's Coldplay moment couldn't really have been foreseen though to be fair

It was a mixture of bad luck and stupidity, but deverstating non the less.

True Warnock snuffed out Kightly, but we showed enough control in the first half to suggest we could make it over the line.

Horrible result for us.

WBA and QPR at home were equally as demoralising, but let's face it, we barely competed in those two figures.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Messi has agreed to join the club on a one year loan with a view to a permanent deal.

I keep meaning to write to Messi, on my daughters behalf..., to ask him to come and play for Wolves.

Telling him, whatever he's done and won in the past, it is nothing compared to the ultimate challenge.

Helping to make Wolves great again.

He is already super rich, so twenty grand a weeks pay should do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Oaky65

Why have we bothered spending £6 mill on the academy to get class 1 status if we got it without ? This money could have been used to bolster the squad in the last transfer window or helped fund the Steve bull redevelopment surely

D

Deleted member 4023

Because that additional sum of money is to ensure that we keep cat 1 status for the next three years & beyond (even some of the premier teams won't be cat 1 beyond 12 mths). Superb investment - well done Jez/Steve & everyone else behind the scenes.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I completely agree with this post! the game was pivotal for Mick and for the Club!

It's now known that Kightly carried an injury into the second half and he was not the force he was in the first half. Had he remained fully fit, Warnock would'nt have lived with him either!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I completely agree with this post! the game was pivotal for Mick and for the Club!

It's now known that Kightly carried an injury into the second half and he was not the force he was in the first half. Had he remained fully fit, Warnock would'nt have lived with him either!

I do agree however once we went 2-1 up we went into defence mode. That was before half time. The rest I'm afraid is history and has been spoken on here for far too long.

O

Oaky65

Because that additional sum of money is to ensure that we keep cat 1 status for the next three years & beyond (even some of the premier teams won't be cat 1 beyond 12 mths). Superb investment - well done Jez/Steve & everyone else behind the scenes.

I'm not knocking the club but I just wondered why we got cat 1 before we spent the £6 mill on the new academy

Fair play to all concerned though

Back
Top Bottom