Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is the WC break a help or a hindrance to Wolves?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question because thinking about this I'm not sure if the break will help us regalvanise, possibly under a new manager, or slow down/stop our hoped for move up the table?

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Genuine question because thinking about this I'm not sure if the break will help us regalvanise, possibly under a new manager, or slow down/stop our hoped for move up the table?

Couple of positives I think

1) get a new manager in and a new style
2) get players up to fitness, play a couple of friendlys for match fitness also.
3) It's preseason 2.0 gives time to experiment if necessary in training
4) allows time for a break with players families etc if short in
5) Allows the new coach time to work with the players, also may allow fans some friendlies to attend

Negatives

1) Stops momentum
2) if the period is misused eg having a large break for the players eg 3/4 weeks

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right now it's an absolutely massive help.

We are in a desperate situation looking for a manager but realistically it's only going to cost us three more league games.

During that break you get an extended period to search, you are likely to have more opportunities that come your way and you can certainly make a decision without the normal pressure that comes with it. It should ensure we aren't rushing to make the next appointment, which would be the case if there was no World Cup.

With us only missing 4/5 players max, it gives the new manager a pre-season to work with the players, to get ideas across and to implement a style on the pitch.

We will also have Pedro Neto missing six weeks less of games, which is a positive even if he was poor before and maybe Jimenez.

We are very lucky that it's come around now and it could be the thing that saves us.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi NNW, i think it will be a help unless we miraculously start a winning run. If we were in a position like Brighton or Newcastle, then that would be a hinderence.

we might need that month to get a new manager in and get them gelling.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the minute I’d say it’s an irrelevance, we can barely deal with the day to day let alone what’s coming up in another months time!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will be stuck in the bottom 3 and cut adrift by then so in reality it’s a hindrance

Leicester will beat us and we are now in a bad place. Championship managers don’t even want the job

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have made this a poll! 9 minutes in and 3 for 'it's a help' and 2 for hindrance!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It’s a help most players won’t be there at the World Cup so can only help with fitness and maybe a new manager if we have one will have time to get some time with the players

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The winter world cup is a massive let off for us. I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but we can't ******g score!

If we had played through to Boxing day we would be well adrift. This way we have a chance at least to not only get a coach from somewhere other than the Portugese 2nd division, but more important, to get a bloody striker.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
I would say its a help. Players will be at the club and will get a chance to work on things in a way that they wouldn't normally be able to mid season.

Also gives the club a chance to reflect on the balls up they have made of replacing Lage and attempt to rectify it.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
It's more of a hindrance & concern for those clubs who have a significant % of their players in Qatar. I'd personally leave Davis / Collins in charge for Leicester, Brentford, Brighton & Arsenal, if it avoids any panic manager selections. It has to be the right man. We have to look at, the very least, 4 points in those games. More of a help in my opinion.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should be searching right now and have someone in place who can assess and use the break as a pre-season. If we go half hearted at it because "we have time" we are so ****ed

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s a help to anyone. Absolute farce that it’s happening at all.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it will be a distraction to give us something else (England) to moan/worry about on here for a few weeks (if we last that long) before returning refreshed to continue worrying/moaning about Wolves

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say its a help. Players will be at the club and will get a chance to work on things in a way that they wouldn't normally be able to mid season.

Also gives the club a chance to reflect on the balls up they have made of replacing Lage and attempt to rectify it.
it's the attempt to rectify it bit thats worrying

The Tories tried to rectify the mistake of Boris Johnson and look where that got them

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to give Edwards the time to get the squad in order, so it'll be an absolute help for us.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
However it 'helps' us, it will help Bournemouth, Forest, Fulham, Leicester etc too...

Back
Top Bottom