Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is Shabini fit and training?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know? And if so is he training with the first team or the little babelets?
He is the one player who could be most likely to break through this coming season.

MutchAdo

Reaction score
No idea if he's back in training or not yet but I'm really interested in seeing how he develops, he was quite highly regarded at Bayern if I remember correctly. Think we might have a proper future diamond in him.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was training a week back but the updates on the academy sides are poor and no real idea of the sides that have played in the friendly games. A group of 9 or ten u23 players have been added to the first team this week. I would hope he is one of them.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people think he's good?

He couldn't get in the rotated cup team and he played for Bayern like Rafa Mir played for Valencia.

Not to mention, he's had the worst injury possible.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was training a week back but the updates on the academy sides are poor and no real idea of the sides that have played in the friendly games. A group of 9 or ten u23 players have been added to the first team this week. I would hope he is one of them.
Updates poor!!! You cant really say that about the matches when all you have to do is go to the oppo's sites and find out there.:rolleyes:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Updates poor!!! You cant really say that about the matches when all you have to do is go to the oppo's sites and find out there.:rolleyes:

Tell me about it. Thats how I have mostly found out the results on forums of sides like Cheltenham Town. Hardly ever anything on the crap Wolves Academy page. Compton Stars used to do an amazing job with the Academy page he had. A shame he had to stop doing it as it puts the current official academy twitter to shame.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tell me about it. Thats how I have mostly found out the results on forums of sides like Cheltenham Town. Hardly ever anything on the crap Wolves Academy page. Compton Stars used to do an amazing job with the Academy page he had. A shame he had to stop doing it as it puts the current official academy twitter to shame.
agree

Wwfc Matt

Reaction score

He couldn't get in the rotated cup team and he played for Bayern like Rafa Mir played for Valencia.

Well there's a bit of a difference between Bayern and Valencia. When he arrived he was doing great things for the u23s and looked very exciting and promising. He came off the bench in that cup game vs Reading and unfortunately he tore his ACL.
Hopefully he will be able to return to previous form.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I the only one who, when seeing Shabini’s name, is immediately reminded of the fabulous album of the same name by one of the late great John Peel’s favourite bands, the Bhundu Boys. Probably.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually it shouldn't that difficult really. For example one thing they could do is find a student studying journalism to cover the goings on. Would give them good experience and look good on their cv's. Minimal cost so what would there be to lose.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well he should've started against Reading or made the squad for one of the many games we had before his sub appearance in the cup if he was that good.

We always hear it about U23 players. Elliott Watt was very popular with many on here and even came on against Sheff Wed I think, now at Bradford. And, there's many more.

But let's hope Shabani actually breaks through.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liked the look of Shabani from his appearances in the u23's.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well he should've started against Reading or made the squad for one of the many games we had before his sub appearance in the cup if he was that good.

We always hear it about U23 players. Elliott Watt was very popular with many on here and even came on against Sheff Wed I think, now at Bradford. And, there's many more.

But let's hope Shabani actually breaks through.

Why? It took Dendonker half a season to properly get in to the team and he was a full Belgian international at the time. Nuno brings players in, in his own time.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? It took Dendonker half a season to properly get in to the team and he was a full Belgian international at the time. Nuno brings players in, in his own time.

But that wasn't the right decision was it? Dendoncker should've played sooner.

With this, my issue is U23 football, not just Shabani/Wolves. I think it's pointless and doesn't do enough to get players ready for first-team football and Wolves see it as a business (which is understandable).

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Def in training by the looks of the old Instagram.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But that wasn't the right decision was it? Dendoncker should've played sooner.

With this, my issue is U23 football, not just Shabani/Wolves. I think it's pointless and doesn't do enough to get players ready for first-team football and Wolves see it as a business (which is understandable).

The problem is you base it all on presumption with little basis in fact. You've said it doesn't pay for itself, but have no idea what it costs to run or how much we're earning from loan fees and sales, let alone what the first team "pay" for the players it takes. Fosun are a major financial investment company that bought a club because they see potential in buying and trading, youth in particular. Just because you don't have the view they do doesnt mean its not working. At the end of the day if you don't have a youth team you'll always be paying higher prices for players. I'm not going to try and say its being massively successful at the moment, but its Fosuns business to make it so. Therefore there's little point in complaining about :)

D

Deleted member 11332

He started the game when he got that injury so your statement makes no sense.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bearing in mind we were still sticking with 3-5-2 at the time as far as I can remember, who should he have started ahead of though, Neto or Cutrone?

And to be fair, he signed around deadline day so there were only about 8 or 9 games he could have been part of the squad for before the reading game, but in place of who? Our forward options on the bench would have been 3 from Jota, Traore, Cutrone and Neto (depending on who started alongside Jimenez).

The aim was seemingly for him to go in to the U23’s initially whilst he settled in then work his way in to the senior squad, same as Jordao. Injuries affected that but Jordao was obviously around the squad once fit again so there’s every chance Shabani could be too.

D

Deleted member 5635

[*] Looks good in the u23's (tick)
[*] Training with the first team (tick)
[*] Looked good in his cameo (tick)

Dem fachts.
In the u23s
Training with the first team
They’re facts, the rest is opinion (Tick)

Back
Top Bottom