Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is Neves banned?

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure he had 4 cards before today, hopefully I'm wrong.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Annoying thing is he seems to be getting more cards for arguments than tackles. I'm sure he's been booked at least twice when arguing about a bad foul on one of his team mates
Yes. - 2 for dissent that I can remember. I think he is feeling as captain he has to make his views clear and stand up for team.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. - 2 for dissent that I can remember. I think he is feeling as captain he has to make his views clear and stand up for team.
He needs to learn how to have a conversation with the ref, and influence him if possible, without getting on his nerves and getting a booking. He is not the only one though. You would think a decent manager would sort this out. No leadership, no guidance, team is falling apart.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beyond giving a **** if he is banned .Lage probably stick Campbell at CD anyway . So frustrating that we seem to have this talent but look so ****e for ideas .

I seriously would bring in fines for players on wings not getting early balls in the box . ****ing about doing their hair . Cutting inside . Get it in the box early .

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beyond giving a **** if he is banned .Lage probably stick Campbell at CD anyway . So frustrating that we seem to have this talent but look so ****e for ideas .

I seriously would bring in fines for players on wings not getting early balls in the box . ****ing about doing their hair . Cutting inside . Get it in the box early .
Only one that seems capable on occasion is ait nouri , frustrating as hell

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how Neves seems to get booked every time he has a go at the referee. But the likes of Kane, Henderson and Azpilicueta get away with it.
Yes, it's collusion by the referees. ;) There are ways of approaching the ref to contest decisions. I don't recall Coady ever overstepping the mark to the extent that Neves seems to be doing!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sorry, as none of us know what he says to the refs it's ridiculous to assume they are being unfair. I love him, but it can't be a coincidence how often they book him. He can avoid it too, he went ages on 9 (iirc) last season.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two of the bookings are from Anthony Taylor, both for dissent. I’d be interested to see how many other captains he’s booked for dissent?

molineuxmen

Groupie
Reaction score
Think Neves is getting bookings for dissent as he is getting frustrated at how poorly we are performing as a team. He knows we have the players to be putting in better performances than we are.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Neves is getting bookings for dissent as he is getting frustrated at how poorly we are performing as a team. He knows we have the players to be putting in better performances than we are.
Neves our best play but he can do more . As Him dropping deep drags the other CM deep . Push up the bloody pitch and overload opposition.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Annoying thing is he seems to be getting more cards for arguments than tackles. I'm sure he's been booked at least twice when arguing about a bad foul on one of his team mates

Bournemouth away immediately comes to mind.

I was bawling for him to step away as the foul had been given in our favour, but for some reason he had to continue to have a go at the ref and there was only ever going to be one outcome.

I understand his frustration at times, but he really needs to get hold of this side of his game as we can't afford not to have him on the field of play.

Back
Top Bottom