Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is McAlinden going to Everton?

S

she wolf

As grandkids are a fan of his and regularly surf the net for football news they have found several sites talking about him moving to Everton, although some of you on here have all ready said that rumour sites are rubbish this news is popping up on a few sites, Surely its nonsence????

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RichDavi

Bloody hope not! Only managed to find one link about this on an Everton rumours site. The thing with that is McAliden is pretty low profile in the football world so for a rumour site to pick him out is disturbing...

S

she wolf

Bloody hope not! Only managed to find one link about this on an Everton rumours site. The thing with that is McAliden is pretty low profile in the football world so for a rumour site to pick him out is disturbing...

It was on Wolves rumours a while ago, on Everton rumours last week as well and now its on Wolves rumours again with an Everton fan saying that its the news out and around Everton fans and he was asking our end what they think of him and what are the chances. Probably rubbish but coming from both ends make us wonder.

G

gricey88

Jst spoke to his brother who is a mate of mine, and he says its the first he has heard of it! So I would say it aload of rubbish !!

G

gricey88

He has now spoke to liam and he said its rubbish aswell. Thank god he's a real gem!

Wolfion

Reaction score
Sorry to be a little off the pace, but I had not heard of him mentioned before this pre season. I assume he is coming up through our youth system. What sort of player is he?

D

Dewsburywolf

Sorry to be a little off the pace, but I had not heard of him mentioned before this pre season. I assume he is coming up through our youth system. What sort of player is he?

Seems to me at least to be the most likely of the younger breed to break through, developing quicker than Zeli

S

she wolf

He has now spoke to liam and he said its rubbish aswell. Thank god he's a real gem!

Would he tell you if it were true as theses things are usually hush hush to start with, and would you be telling us on here if it were true at the risk of getting your mate a b******ing for letting the cat out of the bag :hmmmm: LOL So I would say it must be rubbish as well otherwise you would just not say anything to save your blushes if it should turn out to be true with his brother being your mate and all! OR is the cat already out of the bag and your trying to put it back in! LOL

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we lose McAlinden or Zeli at this stage in their development then I really believe the whole Academy system and it's vast cost should be reviewed and cut back drastically. There has been a lot of talk but little hard product. If these kinds of players slip through our fingers, just as Mark Davies did, then something is VERY wrong at the club. What is the point of producing a series of players who can barely make it at league 2/1 level and who disappear for nothing or paltry fees and never have any serious impact on the first team.

If Batth, for instance, supposedly one of our best prospects with solid league experience now behind him, doesn't break through this season as at least a No.4 CB in the first team squad the the quality of coaching and scouting has to be questioned, as does the whole youth development 'thing'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully youth development is different than it was under McCarthy who couldn't seem to care less for our younger players.

R

reanswolf

Think thats a bit unfair Perton. He would have been murdered for trying untested players in the prem. This is the same Mccarthy who brought in youngsters like Kites, Jarvo, Ward, Foley, Stearman, Berra and whatever you think of them, each has contributed massively as they developed.

W

Woffles

Think thats a bit unfair Perton. He would have been murdered for trying untested players in the prem. This is the same Mccarthy who brought in youngsters like Kites, Jarvo, Ward, Foley, Stearman, Berra and whatever you think of them, each has contributed massively as they developed.

True - but all of them were signed by McCarthy rather than being youngsters who came through the ranks. Morgan himself made some pretty pointed comments about this when praising TC for giving some of our younger players some games.

What was also noticable under TC was that we started consistently using the same group of players from the development and youth teams for the reserve side. May have just been coincidence of course, but TC did seem to be paying some attention to using the reserves as part of the development of these players. Under Mick it always seemed a bit random - young players one week, predominantly first team squad the next, mixture of the two the next.

A

ashfordwolf

Hennessey made his debut under Mick, albeit in forced circumstances. But he retained him pretty much ever since

A

ashfordwolf

In Micks first season we had Lewis Gobern, Dan Jones, Mark Little and Kev O'Connor in and around the first team squad that got us to the play offs. After that i think expectations were raised and it became to much of a gamble to risk unproven qualities

A

andyc225

In Micks first season we had Lewis Gobern, Dan Jones, Mark Little and Kev O'Connor in and around the first team squad that got us to the play offs. After that i think expectations were raised and it became to much of a gamble to risk unproven qualities

Thing is, this was more out of need than out of Mick actually wanting to play young players.

D

Dewsburywolf

Didn't Mick give first team starts to Doherty & Forde in the season just gone?

S

she wolf

I think PW might have been referring to home grown academy players those you mentioned had all had first team ( all be it at a lower standard ) so to some degree already tested.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we lose McAlinden or Zeli at this stage in their development then I really believe the whole Academy system and it's vast cost should be reviewed and cut back drastically. There has been a lot of talk but little hard product. If these kinds of players slip through our fingers, just as Mark Davies did, then something is VERY wrong at the club. What is the point of producing a series of players who can barely make it at league 2/1 level and who disappear for nothing or paltry fees and never have any serious impact on the first team.

If Batth, for instance, supposedly one of our best prospects with solid league experience now behind him, doesn't break through this season as at least a No.4 CB in the first team squad the the quality of coaching and scouting has to be questioned, as does the whole youth development 'thing'.

Couldn't agree with you more. This extra £6m that we are spending on getting premier league academy status we might just as well waste on a few 30 year old has beens if we are only ever going to produce players for other league 1 and 2 clubs.

M

Marauding Wolf

Morgan himself made some pretty pointed comments about this when praising TC for giving some of our younger players some games.

Yeah only problem is, TC didn't win one game of football. Mick had many flaws but let's not give him unneccessary abuse. He won the Championship with one of the youngest average age teams we've had in the thirty years I've been a fan.

That promotion stopped him giving more chances to blokes like Vokes. It's seriously hard for any Prem team to blood youngsters from their academy especially if they're struggling. For sure Mark Davies was a serious talent, but my understanding is that he also had serious lifestyle and attitude problems (and some injuries). Who else was stand out talent? I think if Mick was back in the Championship he'd be happier to give young players another chance.

Also, my recollection on here was that every summer, this forum was demanding proven quality to improve our squad, no one was saying save the cash and use the academy. People just wanted the best possible 11 on the pitch. In the championship you don't have to be quite as good, quite as often to win games so you can give blokes a chance.

S

she wolf

Yes, McCarthy always had time for his IRISH youngsters.

we have got to keep the link going, most clubs will be after the same kids out there as us and having a good success rate bring the Irish lads through to the first team gives us the edge on getting them to sign for us,OH! and plus the fact that MM never shuts up about the Irish and also see's it as a mission in life to get as many as he can in his squad lol.

Back
Top Bottom