Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is Mario Lenina now officially the scariest and angriest thing to ever run on a pitch?

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I decided to ask ChatGPT to explain controversial referee decisions in the style of PGMOL…

View attachment 33120
It had me until it said "We may issue clarifications or explanations" for decisions. They never, ever, do that - they just close ranks. And they won't explain Lemina's second yellow either. This is what drives feverish debate over these controversies - they prefer it that way. So the solution is to mic up the refs - I know that foul language may be caught, but there is no other way around the accusations of cheating.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got a bad vibe about that ref the moment he booked Lemina so early in the game.

I hate all the knee stuff, but I can't help thinking that Lemina got absolutely dicked over by that ref.

R

reanswolf

Auto correct on Mario’s surname and muscat was just that is how I thought it was spelt.

I have also said a few times on here that I am dyslexic, so spelling is a challenge for me and then seeing the errors of spelling isn’t that easy for me.
**** all the teachers mate, it matters **** all.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Shocking booking. I'm absolutely ****ing ecstatic it happened though, we blew em away with 10 men. The numbers second half are scary.
That saying about players running through brick walls for a manager, that applies here now.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Auto correct on Mario’s surname and muscat was just that is how I thought it was spelt.

I have also said a few times on here that I am dyslexic, so spelling is a challenge for me and then seeing the errors of spelling isn’t that easy for me.
Just let it go, and move on. No doubt the school teachers on here will be suggesting you stay over in detention.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The scariest player to run onto a pitch. The older ones on hear will remember Ron Yates, the former Liverpool centre half. He was built like a brick outhouse and not a person I would want to argue with.

Yates was also a very good player in the team that Bill Shankly built.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I ll stick to the point / question that the poster asked for....as no one else has kept to the topic .......
John De Wolf

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a pussy, he would have to have reffed from a safe space in the 90's, imagine Keith Curle running up to him, he'd soil himself, and he'd abandon every game in the 70's as the pitch was far too dangerous

Rowzed

Reaction score
It had me until it said "We may issue clarifications or explanations" for decisions. They never, ever, do that - they just close ranks. And they won't explain Lemina's second yellow either. This is what drives feverish debate over these controversies - they prefer it that way. So the solution is to mic up the refs - I know that foul language may be caught, but there is no other way around the accusations of cheating.
The refs do have microphones and they are recorded, PGMOL will have access
its probably why he didn’t state that Lemina had sworn at him because it would have dug him in deeper

on the ‘book the black guy’ question, it would not surprise me at all to find that black players, particularly the more overtly muscular guys, are on the wrong end of decisions. Referees maintain order with cards and sadly throughout society there is a perception of threat. It may be an unconscious bias, but it is still a bias. The problem is very much worse in other parts of Europe but exists here from kids going shopping to guys driving cars. Speak to any person of colour and they will confirm this experience. if it makes them angry that of course only reinforces the bias

Adama very rarely ever gets decisions his way. Moutinho very rarely gets decisions against.

This goes way beyond being upset that we don‘t have Mario next week. Perhaps ‘Kick it out’ could appeal it as Wolves won’t be able to.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've heard before that refs go into games with pre-determined mindsets. Gillett approached this with the intent to keep us in line with bookings, on what basis I have no idea, we're not exactly crunch tackle happy.

He said specifically that he brought out the yellow for "the third player running towards him". If this is a directive rather than something he just decided he was going to do, then I've never heard of it or seen it actioned before.

I think he didn't even clock that it was Lemina until he had the card out, by which point he was committed and made himself look a complete door handle. Amateurish, bone-headed refereeing.

I have no idea why our card is marked so demonstrably, but refs need to rein it in, they're looking like right wombles lately.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He said specifically that he brought out the yellow for "the third player running towards him". If this is a directive rather than something he just decided he was going to do, then I've never heard of it or seen it actioned before.
I wouldn't be surprised if in the next few days somebody like Dean says it's been a new rule since the start of the season about booking the 3rd player to approach the ref it's just that nobody has had to do it before. In other words invent a new rule to fit their mistake.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Triskaphobia.... We shouldn't be abusing this ref he has a real condition!!

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously Gillett confused Lemina with the entire Dirty Lids team of the 70s.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be fair, I would crap myself if he ran at me.

Any chance of the red being overturned,
We need him.

el gringo

Reaction score
Definite worrying undertones with this decision
I noticed the same and I agree with both of you. We don't know what was said but the comportment of all three players seemed the same, or if anything, Moutinho and Neves were more animated. I watched the replay and both Moutinho and Neves appeared to be saying, "But we said the same thing" to the ref. And then we have Neves's comments in his post-match interview telling of the ref's explanation to him of Lemina's card - nothing about "Lemina was more aggressive/Lemina said XYZ/Lemina used profanity." It makes you wonder.

Reaction score
Wolves get a red card, City/Arsenal get a fine. Which of these punishments do we think had the biggest impact on the team (I'm sure Julen would have happily paid the fine personally if it meant we got to keep Lemina for the Bournemouth match)? Which team do we think is more likely to change their behaviour in the future? :grimacing:

Arsenal and Man City punished by FA over disorder in heated Premier League clash

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves get a red card, City/Arsenal get a fine. Which of these punishments do we think had the biggest impact on the team (I'm sure Julen would have happily paid the fine personally if it meant we got to keep Lemina for the Bournemouth match)? Which team do we think is more likely to change their behaviour in the future? :grimacing:

Arsenal and Man City punished by FA over disorder in heated Premier League clash

Those fines are pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Not only of zero consequence to the clubs concerned given their size, but part suspended because the additional amount related to another breach in a different game! These punishments literally prove why they are worse than useless.

Bugger me, you see rubbish like this and people are still complaining about an independent football regulator?

Welford Wolf

Reaction score
Before the next game we have him as ref he should get a couple of 'choruses of your not fit to referee' before the kick off

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange how this guy had such a problem with only the non-white man who ran in his direction.
Exactly how I saw it. Be interesting to know how diverse his part of Oz is. I seriously doubt it was a racist decision, but I reckon there's a decent chance he wouldn't have **** himself if it was Moutinho.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly how I saw it. Be interesting to know how diverse his part of Oz is. I seriously doubt it was a racist decision, but I reckon there's a decent chance he wouldn't have **** himself if it was Moutinho.

Bloody hell. Imagine his reaction had it been Adama running towards him! :-0

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before the next game we have him as ref he should get a couple of 'choruses of your not fit to referee' before the kick off
I think these refs get off when they hear that kind of chant. They are conditioned to make themselves believe that is a sign they are doing their job.
They will continue to perform as they do do until they are made to be accountable for their decisions eg having to explain at the time what the offence is or if their decisions are screened and anaysed after every match.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a bizarre long title for a thread about our good new decent player. Typical these days gotta pigeon hole a player or someone..

Not like the good old days where they come up front with it like "Psycho " Kieth Downing or Stuart Pearce

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
What a bizarre long title for a thread about our good new decent player. Typical these days gotta pigeon hole a player or someone..

Not like the good old days where they come up front with it like "Psycho " Kieth Downing or Stuart Pearce
You know it was ironic based on the fact he didn’t approach the ref aggressively in any way?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact the first three players he booked far too rashly were BAME players doesn’t exactly look very good….

Then the fact he didn’t card the two white players who were far closer and more “aggressive” than the BAME player who came later who made him feel threatened.

Sorry but the evidence is pretty damning

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His energy makes such a difference to us.
It REALLY does. Exactly what we've been crying out for for a few seasons. You need that effective, energetic (and ideally technically good, a la Lemina type) player in there if you're going to play with more possession rather than soaking up pressure and breaking.

Back
Top Bottom