Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is Dendoncker on this much?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really cant believe it myself. Tell me it isn't true.

Some fans aren’t totally convinced by £90,000-a-week star Dendoncker right now (Spotrac), and he undoubtedly needs a solid showing.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do you mean on this much money or on this site much. If it's the latter we need to get him off it before he loses all confidence!

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No matter how much, I hope the days of the scandalous wages some players are on comes to an end, it's the only way the football pyramid will survive...With 90% of all revenues being payed out in wages, good riddance to the days of owners of the big clubs making up the shortfall of crazy tranfere fees and wages......This may have saved Derby.....And maybe Wolves will be the blueprint of the future of football business?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No matter how much, I hope the days of the scandalous wages some players are on comes to an end, it's the only way the football pyramid will survive...With 90% of all revenues being payed out in wages, good riddance to the days of owners of the big clubs making up the shortfall of crazy tranfere fees and wages......This may have saved Derby.....And maybe Wolves will be the blueprint of the future of football business?
Premier League wages to turnover are at record high because of covid at 72%. Championship is the problem, where some clubs are running at 190% incredibly. Basically if you get into Prem you're sustainable, if not you aren't because the model in English football is broken as you say.

The big clubs are basically self funding now though, other than City whose sponsorship deals are basically fake and created by their owners

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think 90k would be unreasonable for a midfielder who’s an established international player (for a decent European side).

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He signed a new deal wouldn’t surprise me to be fair
Yeah wouldn't surprise me too much. He'd have probably been on around £50k when we signed him (was about the going rate for us back then) and is bound to have had a pay hike with his new deal. £90k does seem a bit high, I'd have thought probably closer to £75k-£80k, (maybe €90k?)

Can't trust any of these sites that claim to know player's wages though. One of them that says Dendoncker is on £90k also says we have a player called Joao Moutinho on £65k a week and that he's 21 years old

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah wouldn't surprise me too much. He'd have probably been on around £50k when we signed him (was about the going rate for us back then) and is bound to have had a pay hike with his new deal. £90k does seem a bit high, I'd have thought probably closer to £75k-£80k, (maybe €90k?)

Can't trust any of these sites that claim to know player's wages though. One of them that says Dendoncker is on £90k also says we have a player called Joao Moutinho on £65k a week and that he's 21 years old
Yeah anything 50-80k would sound about right, but with some of the other inaccuracies, pointless believing that site.
Squad players at the dirty 6 can be on well over 100k, but with our top earners on 100 and 120k in Moutinho and Raul, it’s a rather different scale.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least if he gets a goal bonus on top we aren't ever shelling out much more!

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do we have this exact thread every few weeks?

If you see something genuinely unbelievable on the internet, should you

a) have a little think about it
b) make everyone have to sit through a discussion of whether our club captain is on £16k a week again

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also I don't want to see any more criticism of Jeff from anyone who believes those values, as if he's got Raul to agree to a £41k per week contract (half what they have Fabio on), then the man is clearly a genius.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Without the players there is no game. Market forces dictates what a player is paid.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I 100% do but not ***** about proving it to you
Bull**** then.

You’re either Leander himself, in which case fair play, or as I said his accountant or work in Wolves accounts department, in which case I doubt your manager would be impressed with you discussing his salary online.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want something of note from him tonight like a goal or even just a Dave Edwards style front post header off a corner (subject to us beating the first man).

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Bull**** then.

You’re either Leander himself, in which case fair play, or as I said his accountant or work in Wolves accounts department, in which case I doubt your manager would be impressed with you discussing his salary online.
Couldn't care less what you think

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give him a pay rise he scored woooooooo woooooooo the come back is on baby

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did alright tonight. With our current squad, looks like we need him (goals), Mouts (passes) and Neves (passes) in midfield. Need to bin a player from elsewhere. Coady is the obvious one.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was very good tonight.

That being said, playing against Ndombele just showed how much we miss that sort of midfielder. Truly impressive

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless you’re Leander himself, his accountant or a member of the Wolves accounts department, then you don’t, you just think you do.
I had a mate who used to work at Midland Bank, Queen Square.
At the time the payroll was processed through there.
No idea if it still is.
He knew everyone's salary.

Back
Top Bottom