Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is Connor the worst Wolves Manager ever?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am struggling to think of a less able Wolves Manager than TC, but am open to suggestions!

E

Edgmond Wolf

one draw, six straight losses

Conceded 21 goals in seven games

Why oh why was he appointed??

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tommy Docherty. After that I'm like TC, struggling to find another answer.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember Tommy Docherty! Oh god he was poor. Pretty close.

tiggerkev

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looked close to tears in his interveiw. Not oozing confidence. He's a defeated man

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sammy Chapman. Makes TC look like Ferguson. End of thread.

J

JR's Boots

Tommy Docherty. After that I'm like TC, struggling to find another answer.

Tommy Docherty had a team worth £3.50. Connor has a squad assembled for £30M. Connor by some considerable distance is the worse manager we've ever had. He's not a manager, just a hapless dolt.

SBDJ

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yep - I'd go with Tommy Doc as well but TC does look a broken man

E

Edgmond Wolf

He does not fill me with confidence at all. His interviews are $$$$e. He stands on the touch line like he does not belong there. He leaves substitutes till they have no time to make a difference...

Need I go on?? He is taking us down

S

Sandwell Wolf

No Mick McCarthy was the worst Wolves manager ever, he kept us in the Premier League twice and we were in the bottom 3 on goal difference this season (absolute disgrace the $$$$ing $$$$$ I hope he goes to hell), we were shocking under him though, we beat Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Albion, Villa (how dare we) but that was only because they didn't turn up. Mick got the best out of the players and he's the one who got us into this division and kept us up but he's left us in this mess we're now in (nothing to do with Moxey and Morgan - LEGENDS).

Thank $$$$ Mick has gone, Terry Connor is doing an absolutely sterling job, he's definitely looking like he's gonna turn it around, atleast we're only losing 3-2 or 2-1 now by a single goal and not 5-0 like when he first took over (legend).

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Metro Wolf 2007

one draw, six straight losses

Conceded 21 goals in seven games

Why oh why was he appointed??

Wolves DNA / cheap / no-one else wanted it other than Wilkins Ince, now maybe Megson Evans possibly Lee Clark - but of course "not a job for a novice".

You couldn't make it up. All we needed as the jam on top was a joke new stand to keep empty next season.

Er ..

B

Batman

Terry has today drawn level with Tommy Docherty the last manager to lose 6 games in a row - 26 years ago. So the stats prove that he is the worst manager for 26 years.

Newcastle, Fulham, Blackburn, Man Utd, Norwich, Blackburn, Stoke

Take the bold ones out and it's not the worst set of fixtures you could get is it???? Something that appears to be getting overlooked by the feeling sorry for Terry brigade.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do feel sorry for TC. He was on a hiding to nothing. It's difficult to judge him as a manager after such a short space of time.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked close to tears in his interveiw. Not oozing confidence. He's a defeated man

If Morgan had one gram of humanity (or moral values) in him he would see the strain he has put TC under and act as any good employer would and put him on rest leave for the good of his mental health and for TC's family's sake too.

SBDJ

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Morgan had one gram of humanity (or moral values) in him he would see the strain he has put TC under and act as any good employer would and put him on rest leave for the good of his mental health and for TC's family's sake too.

^ This

D

Deleted member 3518

Tommy Docherty was a disgrace, Sammy Chapman was abysmal and viewed as the end, the final humiliation at the time; congratulations Morgan/Moxey you've managed to outdo the Bhattis!!!

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do feel sorry for TC. He was on a hiding to nothing. It's difficult to judge him as a manager after such a short space of time.

Totally and utterly. Condemning him as the worst ever manager is a joke when you see what he has had to deal with. $$$$ing idiots on here.

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes I think he is, although given little choice. Reject the chance and have no job or try and get the results to keep Wolves up.
Another three defeats and he will achieve the most consecutive home and away defeats in Wolves history.

M

Metro Wolf 2007

Totally and utterly. Condemning him as the worst ever manager is a joke when you see what he has had to deal with. $$$$ing idiots on here.

By results it is heading to be factually correct. Then again, why let facts get in the way ?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tommy Docherty had a team worth £3.50. Connor has a squad assembled for £30M. Connor by some considerable distance is the worse manager we've ever had. He's not a manager, just a hapless dolt.

I think that is the killer for me. He has enough quality available to him to get better results than he has. His lack of action when things turn sour on the pitch shows him up for what he is - a coach wearing the Manager's top. Not his fault, but that does not make him any better than the worst.

B

Batman

Accept you point but for me what he's had to deal with is his own making.

The Johnson drunk incident (would never have happened under Mick)
The Johnson/ Heynessey incident (would never have happened under Mick)
The fight gone from the likes of Fletcher/ Bassong/ Ward (would never have happened under Mick)

Terry is far too weak. He's tried to go from being the players mate to the boss and it never ever works. Even in normal working environments.

He's not strong enough to manage a football team and over a drink in his hearts of hearts i'm certain he'd tell you the same thing.

K

King Kenny

I agree with this. Terry Conner hasn't signed a player just working with players who were on the slide under Mick. I think his biggest mistake was not to bring in somebody to help him.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By results it is heading to be factually correct. Then again, why let facts get in the way ?

For 13 games in total let his name ring out as the worst of the worst of the worst, no mitigating circumstances at all. Like I say, $$$$ing idiots on here.

B

Batman

I agree with this. Terry Conner hasn't signed a player just working with players who were on the slide under Mick. I think his biggest mistake was not to bring in somebody to help him.

Players that he has coached - Some of them for 6 years!!!

Why can people not see this.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TC's interview today told me that he never wanted the manager's job but as he was asked to take over, he did because he would not want to let the club down.

He should never have been put in this position. The ones to blame for this are Mr Morgan and Mr Moxey.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed

M

Metro Wolf 2007

TC's interview today told me that he never wanted the manager's job but as he was asked to take over, he did because he would not want to let the club down.

He should never have been put in this position. The ones to blame for this are Mr Morgan and Mr Moxey.

I don't doubt it. But he took the job and sadly for him it might be biting him on the bum. And us.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Johnson drunk incident (would never have happened under Mick)
The Johnson/ Heynessey incident (would never have happened under Mick)

It's impossible to know if those incidents would have happened with Mick in charge. My view is that Johnson doesn't give a $$$$ about Wolves and it wouldn't matter if Mick was still here, he still wouldn't care.

We know TC isn't the man for the job but it's Morgan and Moxey's fault, not his.

D

Deleted member 3518

Totally agree, he's in exactly the same situation as Sammy Chapman all those years ago.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sammy Chapman. Makes TC look like Ferguson. End of thread.

Rubbish.

Sammy Chapman had a far more difficult job then Connor. Has Totally Clueless had to play his sons because he's got no other players?

Terry Connor has millions of pounds worth of players and he still can't even get them doing the basics, despite having 'coached' them for years.

He is by far and away the worst manager in the history of Wolves.:mad:

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I`m getting fed-up of this `i feel sorry for him ` why?
No one put a gun to his head to take the job.
He could of said no and just walked away.
If he was that close to MM he should of gone when MM got the chop anyway.

He has failed miserably.It`s harsh but if i had £500,000 I could accept it and move-on.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

I predict that Paul Ince will be far, far worse!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish.

Sammy Chapman had a far more difficult job then Connor. Has Totally Clueless had to play his sons because he's got no other players?

Terry Connor has millions of pounds worth of players and he still can't even get them doing the basics, despite having 'coached' them for years.

He is by far and away the worst manager in the history of Wolves.:mad:

Chapman was useless

B

Batman

It's impossible to know if those incidents would have happened with Mick in charge. My view is that Johnson doesn't give a $$$$ about Wolves and it wouldn't matter if Mick was still here, he still wouldn't care.

We know TC isn't the man for the job but it's Morgan and Moxey's fault, not his.

I agree with you i think Johnson is a dick. But Mick wouldn't have stood for this. We've had these sort of players in Micks time Eastwood/ Bothroyd etc but club discipline was never as bad as it is now. They have no respect for TC.

I wanted it to work more than anything because he does seem like a nice guy BUT he hasn't got it. If he'd have said no then Steve Bruce would be in charge now and i reckon we'd have more than 1 point out the last 21 (we'll never know)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For 13 games in total let his name ring out as the worst of the worst of the worst, no mitigating circumstances at all. Like I say, $$$$ing idiots on here.

Would you have changed things up today with 20-25mins left to play? It was clear in the players body language that they wanted and needed fresh legs on the pitch, yet he waited until there was less than 10mins left before he sent Doyle on. He is an experienced coach, so I am sure he could sense that, so the question is why didn't he act sooner? Frankly, I think he cannot make quick and/or tough decisions, and he just lets things happen to him. That means he is not a natural leader, and can never become a good Manager, no matter how long he is given. Nice guy, decent coach, sure. Manager, no.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Connor had the option to say No , he did not have to take the job and even when he did the clueless $$$$er even decided he didnt want any help when the likes of Ray Wilkins were shouting all over the press ?

Sooner he is removed from the club the better , he was part of the problem under Mick and the only solace I can take from this shocking season will be to see the back of this $$$$.

Back
Top Bottom