Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ipswich v Wolves predictions

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have no clue !!

I dont know much about Ipswich...had a mini look...looks like they have had some high scoring games while conceding a few

v Blackburn won 4 -3 at home
v Cardiff won 3-2 at home
v Leeds lost 3 - 4 at home

i guess it depends how seriously we both take it, they are at home so i think they will take it serious

Lets hope its exciting - 2 -3 to us ?!!! Sasa , Fabio and Doc to score for us

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re going to get nothing from City, so I can certainly see the merit in going strong here and getting into the next round.

However we won’t. We’ll play them on the fringes and probably get pumped 3-1 #Gazball

WinchWolf

Reaction score
I suspect GON will field a very weakened side, which will be a win win situation. If we lose its because we're giving youth a chance, if we win it'll be because of his amazing tactics.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That 3-4 reverse to Leeds is not only Ipswich's only defeat this season, it's their only home defeat since last November. More juggernaut than tractor at home. This might hurt a bit.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Without stating the obvious, depends how serious both teams take the match. They may have surprised themselves by their Champ start and concentrate on promotion (it's a bustard of a league to get out of). We really need the confidence of a win.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm expecting both sides to give a game to many of their squad players. Ipswich will have promotion as their priority I imagine and will opt to rest their key men. If Santi Bueno is available we might even change all eleven of those who started at Luton. Possible line-up:

Bentley; Doherty, S Bueno, Toti, H Bueno; Doyle, Traore; Sarabia, Silva, Gonzalez; Kalajdzic

Even then there's no place for Jonny and Hodge who both started against Blackpool.

There's still a lot of ability in that line-up, which should be good enough to beat a weakened Championship side.

Wolves to proceed into the last sixteen.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Two good friends are Town fans so would love it if we gave them a whipping. Therefore, I fully expect us to lose. 2-1 to them. Hwang scoring for us early to get my hopes up, we then sit back, GON makes some bizarre defence-minded subs with Doc playing lone striker, we get battered from then on and lose miserably. On the plus side, I'm up in Sheffield with work for a couple of days so probably won't be following the game too closely...

Last edited:

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves win 2-1 because in the great scheme of things it doesn't matter. We'll lose 0-4 to City which DOES matter.

Madmalc

Reaction score
I'm expecting both sides to give a game to many of their squad players. Ipswich will have promotion as their priority I imagine and will opt to rest their key men. If Santi Bueno is available we might even change all eleven of those who started at Luton. Possible line-up:

Bentley; Doherty, S Bueno, Toti, H Bueno; Doyle, Traore; Sarabia, Silva, Gonzalez; Kalajdzic

Even then there's no place for Jonny and Hodge who both started against Blackpool.

There's still a lot of ability in that line-up, which should be good enough to beat a weakened Championship side.

Wolves to proceed into the last sixteen.
I agree there's plenty of talent in that line up.
Still left with that nagging feeling that for all the individual talents, the sum of the whole is less than the individuals.
The squad that played Luton started to turn into a team when they went down to 10 men.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have no heart away from home and haven't had for a while , cant see anything but an Ipswich win.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decided on penalties after Mariner and Gates cancel out our 2-0 lead, courtesy of Daniel & Hibbitt.
A good result against a fine Ipswich side. It seems we're on our way back and I confidently predict that we'll become a top team again during the 1980s, attract wealthy and committed new owners and become Division One champions by the end of the decade.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Team in form and scoring goals vs team in poor form, leaking chances galore and looking increasingly desperate.

2-0 home win.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read somewhere that they've won 19 of their last 22 League matches. OK, a lot of those were against L1 opposition but if they're not confident now, they never will be. Good coach who will doubtless school GON tonight.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I predict there will be a long queue for a pint in the station Inn

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read somewhere that they've won 19 of their last 22 League matches. OK, a lot of those were against L1 opposition but if they're not confident now, they never will be. Good coach who will doubtless school GON tonight.
Yes...I think they ve lost once ( 4 3 ,to Leeds ? ) in ages .
They score goals for fun , keep a lot of clean sheets ...gona be a good game .
I wanted McKenna for wolves when Bruno went...all the " experts " here laughed at me

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But if we win then he won't get any credit because it's 'only Ipswich' and he's a Championship level manager, right?

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if we win then he won't get any credit because it's 'only Ipswich' and he's a Championship level manager, right?
Even you must admit that his squad is, on paper, more talented than that of Ipswich ?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea but perhaps we lose on penalties. Hope to see Sasa and Fabio given a proper run out along with Traore and Doyle. Ipswich scoring many but conceding many so anything is possible.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't have a good feeling about tonight. Playing a team level on points with Leicester having scored more goals. Would anyone be confident playing Leicester away at the moment?

Back
Top Bottom