Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ipswich Away

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saturday 27th January - we’ve been given a pathetic away allocation of just 1,500. If we beat Swansea in the replay then the Ipswich game will change to midweek in which case the 1,500 allocation will probably be ok. However, if the fixture remains Sat 3pm then surely we would be taking at least 2,500.

M

merseawolf

Saturday 27th January - we’ve been given a pathetic away allocation of just 1,500. If we beat Swansea in the replay then the Ipswich game will change to midweek in which case the 1,500 allocation will probably be ok. However, if the fixture remains Sat 3pm then surely we would be taking at least 2,500.
Surely ITFC will give us a bigger allocation if the game is a Sat. It would be a simple job just making another block available nxt to the original 1500. Their gates are down to 14/15k this year.

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dont know if it's 100% correct, but i heard that Leeds were being given 5000 for their match at Portman Road Saturday. I would love a huge vocal , away contingent at my local match. But it depends when the match is on

M

merseawolf

Dont know if it's 100% correct, but i heard that Leeds were being given 5000 for their match at Portman Road Saturday. I would love a huge vocal , away contingent at my local match. But it depends when the match is on
Yeah you are right Lee. Leeds have got 4700 allocation. There is a few hundred ST holders being moved to do it

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Got an email from Young Wolves earlier this week to confirm that my youngest lad got picked out of draw to be the away mascot v Ipswich so looking forward to this one even more than i was before. As much as i want Wolves to progress in the cup , I'd still love a large Saturday pm away following with more time for a pre match pint or two before the mascot duties.

M

merseawolf

Got an email from Young Wolves earlier this week to confirm that my youngest lad got picked out of draw to be the away mascot v Ipswich so looking forward to this one even more than i was before. As much as i want Wolves to progress in the cup , I'd still love a large Saturday pm away following with more time for a pre match pint or two before the mascot duties.
Thats brilliant mate

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awesome, congratulations to the little one.

Albeit selfishly I want us to be facing Notts County that day :D.

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Awesome, congratulations to the little one.

Albeit selfishly I want us to be facing Notts County that day :D.
Thank you. Yes he is very much looking forward to the game. So do i still. I want Wolves to progress as far as they can. And whatever the date of the game, he'll still be walking out with the team. Hope for a good turnout whenever the game is played and im sure there will be.

E

Essex Wolf

Surely ITFC will give us a bigger allocation if the game is a Sat. It would be a simple job just making another block available nxt to the original 1500. Their gates are down to 14/15k this year.
Hit the nail on the head mate. Their crowds this season have been woeful and with money being an issue at Ipswich, as it has a while now, surely the possibility of earning well over £100K extra is a no brainer.

Won't be Saturday, we'll all be assembling in Nottingham, you, Essex et al.:D:D
Good point.:D
Lets hope so. I dont mind Ipswich being a Tues night!
For us it's easy mate but it's a bloody pain for anyone from the West Midlands but get your point. Should the game be rearranged and subsequently a mid week game Wolves will hopefully still sell out.

And if they can do it for one club no reason they can't do it for others.

That's great Lee and hope he has a brilliant day.

W

wolvesultra

Leeds definitely had the whole of that upper tier we usually get half or less of. Not sure it was 5k though.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it will be the 30th of this month if we progress on Wednesday?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Got our tickets yesterday, but in a funny sorta way I hope that was a waste of time, as I'd much rather be at Notts County that Saturday haha! I've only been to Ipswich once, think we drew 2-2. I just remember it was absolutely freezing, and it took forever to get there.

Hope your lad has an amazing day @ManningtreeWolf!

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Got our tickets yesterday, but in a funny sorta way I hope that was a waste of time, as I'd much rather be at Notts County that Saturday haha! I've only been to Ipswich once, think we drew 2-2. I just remember it was absolutely freezing, and it took forever to get there.

Hope your lad has an amazing day @ManningtreeWolf!

Thank you JadeWolf. I'm sure he will.

E

Essex Wolf

Leeds definitely had the whole of that upper tier we usually get half or less of. Not sure it was 5k though.
Spoke to my ITFC supporting mate last night down the local and he said similar as such. Leeds had a larger section than is usually given to away support but felt it wasn't 5K of them there.

M

merseawolf

Spoke to my ITFC supporting mate last night down the local and he said similar as such. Leeds had a larger section than is usually given to away support but felt it wasn't 5K of them there.
4500 apparently. My mate said his Dad was moved out of his ST seat and went in opposite stand behind the Directors Box and wasnt happy about it

W

wolvesultra

4500 apparently. My mate said his Dad was moved out of his ST seat and went in opposite stand behind the Directors Box and wasnt happy about it
Checked Leeds site it was 3500. Maybe they'll see if it's still a Saturday

M

merseawolf

Checked Leeds site it was 3500. Maybe they'll see if it's still a Saturday
Yeah you are right. I was only going on what my mate said on a txt. His Dad was fuming and spitting feathers about being moved!

D

Deleted member 4453

so now this is confirmed, what do we think to this?
Really wanna go but it's a long un no doubt

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Now its a Saturday, i hope Wolves ask for more than the initial 1500 tickets. Leeds were given around 3500.

D

Deleted member 4257

Just booked train. 6.45 Leaving Wolves. 18.13 leaving Ipswich.
£17.50 on way there and £24 on way back. Happy with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Says sold out on website, whats the chances of getting more?

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Leeds were given more and i think some ITFC season ticket holders were told in advance that they would be temporarily moved in the Cobbold Stand to accomodate an extra block for the away section. I dont envisage our allocation will be increased.. but you never know.

D

Deleted member 3518

Hopefully get more tickets, looking at getting one myself.

M

Mr Wolf

Just booked train. 6.45 Leaving Wolves. 18.13 leaving Ipswich.
£17.50 on way there and £24 on way back. Happy with that.
Fair play but that seems like a rip off to me, not that you can get it cheaper I mean but that’s £70 spent before a beer & it doesn’t sound like a good day out.

I’m tempted to go but quite like the idea of driving then catching the train in.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure the ticket site always says there's about 2-3 tickets left when there's a lot more

E

Essex Wolf

Speaking with the TO on Monday they indicated if the game was going to be played on the fixtured Saturday they may ask for more. With 10/11 days to the game there's plenty of time to get more but doing so means home supporters having a forced move. When they done this for their game home to Leeds last Saturday they gave home fans several weeks notice and certainly more than 10/11 days.

I can we'll see Wolves supporters buying in the home sections.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was contemplating this but train prices are bonkers so close to the game.

Back
Top Bottom