Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ipswich Away - Verdict.

Whirligig Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Bad performance
Didn't deserve anything from the game

Ikeme- 4 worst performance since the hand breaking incident. Absolutely dreadful in the first half and whilst McDonald losing the ball was idiotic he should have saved the first goal.
Doherty - 5 very average indeed. Wasted a couple of good opportunities.
Ebanks-Landell- 4. Most one footed professionals I can remember seeing. I think even hapless Terry and Mick know this and he was closed down repeatedly. Great at winning headers. Sadly he can't direct them. He's a young lad, he has bags of potential but this was a really poor performance.
Batth - 5. Difficult to carry on playing h alongside ebanks. Neither can pass the ball. Both very old school. Wasn't terrible today.
Rowe 5. Best of the back 4 which doesn't say much. Doesn't push forward I presume on instruction from the manager.

Sako- 6. It's games like this that make me worry he'll be off in January. Was surrounded by mediocrity and looked frustrated.

McDonald -4. Awful today. Ridiculous to give the goal away like that. Unlike in recent games he didn't improve in the 2nd Half.
Evans - 4. If our problem is that the opposition are sitting on McDonald then it should free up Evans to be the play maker. Spectacularly stupid pass to set up their 2nd goal.
Edwards - 5. Wasn't on long enough to warrant a better mark. Let's say that had he stayed on we'd have won 10-0.
Henry 5. Just didn't do enough today. But he scored again. Certainly far ahead of reggie or Jacobs at the moment.

Clarke - I want Clarke to do well. Nearly converted a wonderful pass from sako. But he didn't did he? It's a worry.

Jacobs - 4 . Very poor.

Liam and reggie didn't do anything much.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our lack of squad depth is summed up by Michael Jacobs getting significant minutes over the past few games. He's currently An average League 1 Player at best.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't there but Henry's mark seems unfair from what I heard and is typical fans judging that when we lose no one deserves a good mark and when we win everyone deserves an 8 or above.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our lack of squad depth is summed up by Michael Jacobs getting significant minutes over the past few games. He's currently An average League 1 Player at best.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

We all know he's a very good League One player so let's calm down, eh? Struggling at this level it seems so far mind.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous

Seriously? Hahaha, he's well poor, all the other players we have in our squad can do a job in the championship and have proven to do so, he's the one who hasn't.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In context, we were without Dicko!

However, they were without three or was it four first teamers and were put together for £10k !!!

Fair play to MM and TC, none better in the Chump!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all know he's a very good League One player so let's calm down, eh? Struggling at this level it seems so far mind.

He's only young still, a loan out with regular gametime to a lower Championship club would suit him perhaps but no chance with this lack of squad depth.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wafer thin squad, Jackett and the fans being sold down the river.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clarke - I want Clarke to do well. Nearly converted a wonderful pass from sako. But he didn't did he? It's a worry.

That's the problem with Clarke, it's always "nearly". I still remember last season where he nearly got on the end of a cross that would have extended our record winning streak against Shrewsbury, but he didn't. He did well against Leeds, but other than that he's almost constantly looked poor.

I think Stears needs to come back into the team. He's comfortable on the ball, unlike EBL, who looks to get rid of it within seconds.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dicko- we always miss him. Sako's too 'Jekyll and Hyde' for my liking! Mcdonald and Evans aren't a partnership that's why Kenny is tinkering. Mcdonald should be the 1st name on the team sheet. We need Fletcher back asap!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously? Hahaha, he's well poor, all the other players we have in our squad can do a job in the championship and have proven to do so, he's the one who hasn't.

McDonald Evans Saville Ebanks Landell Clarke macalinden van la parra

All unproven in squad in championship so come back when you have a decent argument .

Jacobs hasn't had the chances that is why, best player last season to a player that can't look in due to going to the safer option of Edwards the large majority of the time.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bitter blow to lose Edwards early on but we really weren't at it from the off. MM had his team fired up (as we knew he would) & our midfield was again far too deep & punished for silly mistakes. Some harsh lessons need to be learned by McDonald in relation to what he does with the ball in front of his back four & we don't seem to move the ball around with much urgency or pace. More worrying is the fact that we seem devoid of ideas going forward. A very poor nights work indeed.

E

Edgmond Wolf

All unproven in squad in championship so come back when you have a decent argument .

Jacobs hasn't had the chances that is why, best player last season to a player that can't look in due to going to the safer option of Edwards the large majority of the time.

Edwards gets in on merit....not because he is the safer option....be fair!

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isnt it a norm that we play $$$$ between November and January anyway ?

E

Edgmond Wolf

I can't understand how a player who can't shoot from the edge of the box or beat a player on his own can be your most creative player though.

I did not say he was our most creative...thats Sako

I said he was there on merit....thats a fact....I am not a fan of Dave but lets be fair he helps to make us tick....

19th Holer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jacobs has been hopeless in every game he's played !

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could do worst and give a Ricketts a game looks to me some of our regulars need a break.

M

Mr Wolf

I can't understand how a player who can't shoot from the edge of the box or beat a player on his own can be your most creative player though.

This is a massive issue, he goes inbehind for the long balls & onto crosses in the box, we have no link at all when the wide men are being marked out the game due to slow play from the middle.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did not say he was our most creative...thats Sako

I said he was there on merit....thats a fact....I am not a fan of Dave but lets be fair he helps to make us tick....

Cam should be your most creative , and most important player arguably- links midfield to attack . And is doing the job of a striker and midfielder

E

Edgmond Wolf

Cam should be your most creative , and most important player arguably- links midfield to attack . And is doing the job of a striker and midfielder

Need to sign Rooney then

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jacobs did it perfectly fine last season . Give him a chance for 3 games

Looks like you've had your eyes shut when he's played this season then! Always wants too long on the ball, which you don't get in the Championship.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he (Jacobs) will be on KJ's out list, sorry !
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...04/kenny-jackett-planning-shake-up-at-wolves/
I posted this as my own opinion. Saville can join him. Clarke also. We all make mistakes! Sako is good (but he is going to look good in our team). I think KJ knows the formation he wants but he can't get the personnel to do the job.
We are doing better than I hoped this season so far though! It's the way I type!!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As for K Mac it seems to me that he hasn't been the same since he went to Germany with Scotland.

I don't know what happened over those few days but it's telling that he wasn't included thereafter!

M

merseawolf

A very bad night. Cant say anyone came our covered in any glory. Been to 3 london games and tonight. It was by far the worst performance. Kmac and Evans well below par and offered very little going forward. Time to give Saville a run I would suggest.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there's clearly a lot of reaction on here that is always emotive so early after the game has ended - obviously people are going to be upset at losing, it's understandable.

I think, from talking to my Uncle who went, who isn't as emotional as some on here - described the issues as such:

1) losing Edwards made us lose our shape, and our game plan. Yeah, yeah I know we should have a plan B, but it's astounding how many sides this affects when this sorta thing happens early in a game...

2) Mick had us sussed from the off - they simply closed us down and pressured us when we had the ball. For christ's sake, this shouldn't have been a surprise to us, we did it ourselves for 6 years!! We are the Arsenal of the Championship, clearly, and we don't like it up 'em...
This is the first game this season where our possession has dropped below 60%!!!

3) We had too many players on an off-day (Henry, Evans) / out of form (Jacobs, McDonald) / missing (Dicko, Goldbourne). As we all know, in this league, you cannot carry passengers. Dicko starting would have made little difference to the way we played tonight, but could have got us an undeserved equaliser!

4) Leon Clarke

5) The critical point - we need to stay there or thereabouts until January, and we better bloody have a plan / list of target players for then, cos what these sorts of games are telling all of us (cue the know-all's who have been bleating for weeks) and telling the management at the club is it's clear that we need 2-3 additions to bolster the squad, and we need cover, and we need goals. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that this is all part of the master plan (we've done this before in Dec/Jan - the Kightly/Keogh/Ward year - last year w/Jacobs/Henry etc etc), and I would like to think that we have some options ready to execute v soon. Let's see...

A bad day at the office. Let's learn from it, pick ourselves up, move on, and get a result on Sat at quite a lucky ground for us in recent times... With Dicko back, and no Clarke, and a balanced midfield, and learning from selection errors and mistakes, I feel hopeful we can get a result...

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the problem with Clarke, it's always "nearly". I still remember last season where he nearly got on the end of a cross that would have extended our record winning streak against Shrewsbury, but he didn't. He did well against Leeds, but other than that he's almost constantly looked poor.

I think Stears needs to come back into the team. He's comfortable on the ball, unlike EBL, who looks to get rid of it within seconds.

I totally agree the sooner Stears and Goldborne get back in the team the better.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there's clearly a lot of reaction on here that is always emotive so early after the game has ended - obviously people are going to be upset at losing, it's understandable.

I think, from talking to my Uncle who went, who isn't as emotional as some on here - described the issues as such:

1) losing Edwards made us lose our shape, and our game plan. Yeah, yeah I know we should have a plan B, but it's astounding how many sides this affects when this sorta thing happens early in a game...

2) Mick had us sussed from the off - they simply closed us down and pressured us when we had the ball. For christ's sake, this shouldn't have been a surprise to us, we did it ourselves for 6 years!! We are the Arsenal of the Championship, clearly, and we don't like it up 'em...
This is the first game this season where our possession has dropped below 60%!!!

3) We had too many players on an off-day (Henry, Evans) / out of form (Jacobs, McDonald) / missing (Dicko, Goldbourne). As we all know, in this league, you cannot carry passengers. Dicko starting would have made little difference to the way we played tonight, but could have got us an undeserved equaliser!

4) Leon Clarke

5) The critical point - we need to stay there or thereabouts until January, and we better bloody have a plan / list of target players for then, cos what these sorts of games are telling all of us (cue the know-all's who have been bleating for weeks) and telling the management at the club is it's clear that we need 2-3 additions to bolster the squad, and we need cover, and we need goals. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that this is all part of the master plan (we've done this before in Dec/Jan - the Kightly/Keogh/Ward year - last year w/Jacobs/Henry etc etc), and I would like to think that we have some options ready to execute v soon. Let's see...

A bad day at the office. Let's learn from it, pick ourselves up, move on, and get a result on Sat at quite a lucky ground for us in recent times... With Dicko back, and no Clarke, and a balanced midfield, and learning from selection errors and mistakes, I feel hopeful we can get a result...

You make some good points to be fair but it is very frustrating that we have clearly needed a new pacey striker to compete with Dicko, for months and ended up with Sagbo! Not good enough by the club by a long shot.
As for Dicko he wont be playing on Saturday!

Back
Top Bottom