Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ipswich and Derby away

B

BigBadWolf

Via Wolves Official Twitter yesterday - "For those asking, 1,420 tickets have been sold for Wolves' trip to Derby County and 584 have been sold for Ipswich."

Got my Derby Tickets the other week and looking forward to what should be an entertaining game! I think we will sell about 2000-2'100 which for an early kick off and being on Sky is alright!

Anyone going to these? Any suggestions pub suggestions?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm going to Derby, will be arriving at the train station at around 8:50am so any suggestions welcome.

B

BigBadWolf

10:06am is the earliest I can get arrive in Derby. So it shan't be a massive session in the pub before the game, will just have to have a few after! I believe the ground is about a 10-15 minute walk from the station, is that correct?

W

wolvesultra

10:06am is the earliest I can get arrive in Derby. So it shan't be a massive session in the pub before the game, will just have to have a few after! I believe the ground is about a 10-15 minute walk from the station, is that correct?

Yeah the grounds about 10 mins from the ground 15 from the town (the stations between the town centre and ground if that makes sense).

Theres a specific exit (out the back) from the station to the ground but theres not really much (pubs etc) that side just a retail park type thing with one harvester (I think certainly that type) pub on.

Theres a couple of pubs outside the front of the station too you could try those then walk back through the station towards the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Theres a specific exit (out the back) from the station to the ground but theres not really much (pubs etc) that side just a retail park type thing with one harvester (I think certainly that type) pub on.

Yes there's a Harvester , from memory its adacent to a big Mercedes franchise, you might find a few of the factory units on the trading estate doing matchday parking too
I parked on the main car park last time we played there and was stuck for ages trying to get out

E

Essex Wolf

There's 6 of us going to Ipswich at present but disappointed to read only 584 tickets sold so far.

Wolves away followings for midweek games at Fulham and Charlton have been very good and whilst Ipswich is a little further still less than 30 miles. Hope for a better turn out that that.

M

morosewolf

Via Wolves Official Twitter yesterday - "For those asking, 1,420 tickets have been sold for Wolves' trip to Derby County and 584 have been sold for Ipswich."

Got my Derby Tickets the other week and looking forward to what should be an entertaining game! I think we will sell about 2000-2'100 which for an early kick off and being on Sky is alright!

Anyone going to these? Any suggestions pub suggestions?

If you drink proper beer then the Brunswick is the place to go. Come out of the station at the main exit, turn right and walk about 150 yds. Pub is on the left. Ground is about a 10 minute walk from there. As has already been said, town is in the other direction. I would avoid the Merry Widows opposite the station as when we played Forest away a couple of years ago it was the pub of choice for the Operation GROWTH reunion and ended with the pub in lock down and riot vans, so it might not be too friendly in there. The Waterfall next door to it is home fans only and they do check tickets

W

we8wba

There's 6 of us going to Ipswich at present but disappointed to read only 584 tickets sold so far.

Wolves away followings for midweek games at Fulham and Charlton have been very good and whilst Ipswich is a little further still less than 30 miles. Hope for a better turn out that that.

Be lucky get 1000

E

Essex Wolf

Be lucky get 1000

Would seem the case right now we8wba.

After some decent results and putting themselves into a joint top position honestly thought there would be a sell out. Only 1200 tickets supplied so hardly a massive allocation. :confused:

W

wolvesultra

After some decent results and putting themselves into a joint top position honestly thought there would be a sell out. Only 1200 tickets supplied so hardly a massive allocation. :confused:

Only problem is while it might only be another 30 or so miles from London its still a lot different in many other ways. Londons far more accessible especially from the Midlands.

E

Essex Wolf

Only problem is while it might only be another 30 or so miles from London its still a lot different in many other ways. Londons far more accessible especially from the Midlands.

Yup there is that to it Ultra but still a shame it may be a poor turnout.

That said and with a week to go that figure could well rise a considerable amount. I hope.

W

wolvesultra

Yup there is that to it Ultra but still a shame it may be a poor turnout.

That said and with a week to go that figure could well rise a considerable amount. I hope.

Yeah I'd still imagine it to pick up to around 700, nobody was gonna rush to get their Ipsiwch away ticket were they, so hopefully a decent proportion have left it late (maybe till they get paid end of month or if theyre going to fetch them before Blues etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mr Wolf

Agree Ultra the 1,200 will sell out, pay day Friday & people will pick up tickets at the home game also.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's a week away yet [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

Essex Wolf

Yeah I'd still imagine it to pick up to around 700, nobody was gonna rush to get their Ipsiwch away ticket were they, so hopefully a decent proportion have left it late (maybe till they get paid end of month or if theyre going to fetch them before Blues etc)

If it reaches about the 1000 mark will be happy but anything less than say 900 will be a tad disappointing.

Agree Ultra the 1,200 will sell out, pay day Friday & people will pick up tickets at the home game also.

Hope you are right MW.

It's a week away yet [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Still hoping for the best.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The most obvious train to catch after the game doesn't arrive back into Liverpool street until 12 minutes to midnight.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ipswich- no Hatherton or Telford ? coaches and train no good , as you cannot get back to Wolverhampton which is pathetic. Probably drive down.

E

Essex Wolf

Ipswich- no Hatherton or Telford ? coaches and train no good , as you cannot get back to Wolverhampton which is pathetic. Probably drive down.

Having had a quick look at train journeys there are plenty of options but the routes are terrible. Either change at Euston or Peterborough. Problem with changing at Euston is you then have to get across London to Liverpool St.

Driving does seem the best option and actually quicker if no hold ups than train which is rare.

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hoping we can get to at least a 1,000 turn out especially as it's a home game.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep! I'd imagine numbers would bump up a bit if we win and Derby and/or Watford drop points on saturday.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me and My old man got our Derby tickets today. Pride Park (and it'll always be Pride Park) is more like a home game for me as I live over here. Always go whenever Wolves play there :embarassed:

E

Essex Wolf

Reckon it will be Lee.

Taking into account the decent following the London Wolves will bring along and the number of Wolves supporters in the East Anglian area it may even sell out?

Certainly hoping for a decent turn out and recent form, more goals being scored and league position will hopefully encourage people along.

D

Deleted member 4309

Gutted derby is on tv it's an away game I really fancied at the beginning of the season but noway will I pay out my money when it's on Sky.

F

FLEET WOLF

I have family and in laws in Suffolk, but midweek is difficult for me.

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My elder brother is a Tractor Boy which gives added spice to this fixture...going to be a very difficult match.

E

Essex Wolf

Really can't see us winning. Old mick would of been doing is homework on us from day one.

Try and have a little faith Shorey.

Ipswich are 5 points behind Wolves, have won fewer games, lost 1 more, scored 1 fewer goals and conceded 1 more. Small margins admittedly but all make a difference.

There home form is decent but nothing to be fearful of.

M

merseawolf

The Tractor Boys who I work with are certainly not confident that they will beat us. Really looking forward to it. Going to be in town early for a few beers after a golf comp at Felixstowe in the morning with my dad and a few mates. Can't see anything other than an away win.

Reaction score
Home is where your heart is and mine has been forever WOLVES, will be there with all my family.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved going to Portman Rd when I lived in Norfolk although the results weren't always great. I always hated that $$$$ Scowcroft, who always seemed to score against us. I do have a memory of possibly my last visit when we won and Lee Naylor hit a fantastic long range shot? Can't remember when, think it was a night match but I remember driving back to Norwich with my scarf out the window and a $$$$ing big grin on my face. Happy days and let's hope we can get the same result next week.

E

Essex Wolf

The Tractor Boys who I work with are certainly not confident that they will beat us. Really looking forward to it. Going to be in town early for a few beers after a golf comp at Felixstowe in the morning with my dad and a few mates. Can't see anything other than an away win.

Already discussed things with Ian mate and we have formed the opinion you and the old man will be wasted before KO:D As such will you be able to see the game?

M

merseawolf

Let me know when you are going to be at The Station or whatever its called now and me and pops will come and join you. We'll be going home on the train I reckon

E

Essex Wolf

Let me know when you are going to be at The Station or whatever its called now and me and pops will come and join you. We'll be going home on the train I reckon

Spoke with John earlier mate and we aim to leave Witham about 4pm give or take a few minutes. All being well should be in the pub no later than 5 at the latest. Alex is driving from Colchester and meeting us in the pub.

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'll be in the Station from 5ish too...my youngest boy is coming to his first Wolves match so they'll be 4 of us with my Dad and eldest Oli....hope to see you there.

Back
Top Bottom