Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Interview with Zubar

Tired&Emotional

Groupie
Reaction score
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8595622/

Not much to it but the following made me smile -

"When I came, the coach saw me trying to make good gestures and passes during the first match. He immediately told me, 'I didn't sign you to play like Laurent Blanc. I don't want my central defenders to chest the ball or things like that'."

We don't like that fancy stuff here!

P

PeteWolf

And this is why Mick should have been sacked in 2011 (or earlier). Explains so much.

M

Mugwump

I am pretty shocked at that tbh. It really does show why we never progressed. I just cant understand why MM ever signed footballing footballers if thats not what he wanted from them. He should have stuck to spending money on just grafters. At least they would have suited our style under him.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Floydstreet

Just about to post this, is anyone surprised ?
Mick was organised and risk averse

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
If only you could play like Laurent Blanc Zubes!

Have to admit, I did find it strange that we signed someone who had played mainly as a centre-half for Marseille and then never played him in that position.

C

Catalan Wolf

Hopfully he never spoke to the youth centre halfs like that whilst he was here then. All players should be comfortable on confident on the ball and need coaches to encourage this.

F

Floydstreet

Some just don't work out
Can think the same with George friend and many others, but hindsight is wonderful.

Zubars issue was similar to stearman. Could look great, but capable of one major lapse per game

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some just don't work out
Can think the same with George friend and many others, but hindsight is wonderful.

Zubars issue was similar to stearman. Could look great, but capable of one major lapse per game

I never saw Zubar look great!

A

andyc225

All the more reason to get Mini Mick out of our club before he goes the same way. As if one hoof ball Lenny was enough to put up with, we now have an even dumber one.

E

Edgmond Wolf

All the more reason to get Mini Mick out of our club before he goes the same way. As if one hoof ball Lenny was enough to put up with, we now have an even dumber one.

Do you have to on every thread it is so boring

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just sums up why we are in the state we are now. Far too many cloggers and not enough skill, flair and passing ability.
Limited players and hoof style football will soon get found out and we were found out and are now where we are as a result.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you have to on every thread it is so boring

tcrn837l.jpg

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am on the very verge of quitting this site for the duration due to all the gradeschool playground bustups that have recently become its most salient characteristic.

I "ignore" people, but then others keep quoting them! If I "ignore" them too, soon there'll be nothing here to read.

Just about as it is already.

I've grown so, so tired of parsing 80-post threads for the 4 or 5 that actually address football....

P

PeteWolf

There's that elephant in the room again.

It's big, slow, cumbersome, has little ball control. Surprised Mick never played him in defence.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't really blame Mick with Zubar, probably said this after his cross field ball against Bolton

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am on the very verge of quitting this site for the duration due to all the gradeschool playground bustups that have recently become its most salient characteristic.

I "ignore" people, but then others keep quoting them! If I "ignore" them too, soon there'll be nothing here to read.

Just about as it is already.

I've grown so, so tired of parsing 80-post threads for the 4 or 5 that actually address football....
Know exactly how you feel.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Ah Zubar, a slightly better version of Mo Cammara who never managed to attain the latters cult status.

Ivegotawolvesscarf

Reaction score
Thank God we sacked Mick, I just love watching all the Premier League quality players flaunting their technical ability on the Molineux pitch every other Saturday now he's not holding us back.

M

Mugwump

Nobody forces any of you to read anything here. If its causing people such distress to read on here why bother? Surely there are other things you can be doing.

M

Mugwump

Thank God we sacked Mick, I just love watching all the Premier League quality players flaunting their technical ability on the Molineux pitch every other Saturday now he's not holding us back.

Pity the bulk of them you watched were not Wolves players :rolleyes:

L

luckyjim

Pity the bulk of them you watched were not Wolves players :rolleyes:

Actually, that was probably the one compensation of Premier League football. We got to see quality players such as Van Persie, Felleini, Scholes, Drogba make our team look like divs every saturday. Thanks Mick.

From the comments from Mick that Zubar refers to, it's no surprise he has such an abysmal Premier League record. And even more shocking is that he seems totally oblivious and lacking in insight as to just why he is so incompetent at that level.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Did Scholes, Rooney and co make us look divs when we beat them 2-1?
Did Gerrard and his Liverpool chums make us look like divs when we went to Anfield and won on Sky?
Did Silva, Toure and Kompany make us look like divs when we beat them 2-1?
Did RVP's Arsenal make us look like divs when we got a 1-1 with 10 men at the Emirates?
Did Drogba, Terry, Lampard and their Champions League winning mates make us look like divs when we beat them 1-0?

Thanks Mick.

And these comments are so stupid. Who has 'footballing' centre halves?
Take out the top teams, because we cannot go and spend £30 million to sign a Rio Ferdinand. Or however much Agger cost, or a Hummels, Pique, Kompany, Vertonghen etc, who are the best.

Look at clubs similar to us, who has these 'footballing centre halves'.
Albion - are you going to tell me Jonas Olsson and Gareth Mcauley are? No they are a pair who like to defend and head, clear and stop goals going in.
Shawcross and Huth, two of the exact opposite to what so many of you seem to crave. So I presume none of you would want them in our team, if it was at all realistic? BS
Even more relevant to us, best defences in this league contain players like; Hudson, W.Morgan, Hobbs, Chester, Greer.

The majority of them will be told to defend how you think is 'out-dated' and its working for them.

The exception to this is Swansea, who in Williams and Chico Flores who are footballing centre halves at a price we could afford. But they are an exception.

All of you are criticising MM for saying something that a manager like Allrdyce and David Moyes would go by too.

There are so many ways to be successful, and MM identified a way to make us successful and delivered. Zubar joined the year we went up, we did not have the players to be passing it from the back.

And I hope it was passed down to the youth team - it teaches them as CB your first priority is to defend and anything else is a bonus.
Give me a Shawcross/Huth, Johnson/Dann (in their pomp) over two fancy-dan CB's you lot want.

M

Mugwump

You might have a point if those results you mentioned were not isolated, freak results. Lets look at our results against those sides you mentioned in the league during our time in the top flight recently.

Arsenal - L 4-1, L 1-0, L 2-0, L 2-0, L 3-0, D 1-1
Chelsea - L 2-0, L 4-0, W 1-0, L 2-0, L 2-1, L 3-0
Liverpool - D 0-0, L 2-0, L 3-0, W 1-0, L 3-0 , L 2-1
Man city - L 3-0, L 1-0, W 2-1, L 4-3, L 2-0, L 3-1
Man Utd - L 1-0, L 3-0, W 2-1, L 2-1, L 5-0, L 4-1

I think that blows this we only beat the bigger teams myth right out of the water. We only took 14 points from a possible 90 against the teams you mentioned.

Thanks Mick :rolleyes:

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You might have a point if those results you mentioned were not isolated, freak results. Lets look at our results against those sides you mentioned in the league during our time in the top flight recently.

Arsenal - L 4-1, L 1-0, L 2-0, L 2-0, L 3-0, D 1-1
Chelsea - L 2-0, L 4-0, W 1-0, L 2-0, L 2-1, L 3-0
Liverpool - D 0-0, L 2-0, L 3-0, W 1-0, L 3-0 , L 2-1
Man city - L 3-0, L 1-0, W 2-1, L 4-3, L 2-0, L 3-1
Man Utd - L 1-0, L 3-0, W 2-1, L 2-1, L 5-0, L 4-1

I think that blows this we only beat the bigger teams myth right out of the water. We only took 14 points from a possible 90 against the teams you mentioned.

Thanks Mick :rolleyes:

??? A strange post that.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did Scholes, Rooney and co make us look divs when we beat them 2-1?
Did Gerrard and his Liverpool chums make us look like divs when we went to Anfield and won on Sky?
Did Silva, Toure and Kompany make us look like divs when we beat them 2-1?
Did RVP's Arsenal make us look like divs when we got a 1-1 with 10 men at the Emirates?
Did Drogba, Terry, Lampard and their Champions League winning mates make us look like divs when we beat them 1-0?

Thanks Mick.

And these comments are so stupid. Who has 'footballing' centre halves?
Take out the top teams, because we cannot go and spend £30 million to sign a Rio Ferdinand. Or however much Agger cost, or a Hummels, Pique, Kompany, Vertonghen etc, who are the best.

Look at clubs similar to us, who has these 'footballing centre halves'.
Albion - are you going to tell me Jonas Olsson and Gareth Mcauley are? No they are a pair who like to defend and head, clear and stop goals going in.
Shawcross and Huth, two of the exact opposite to what so many of you seem to crave. So I presume none of you would want them in our team, if it was at all realistic? BS
Even more relevant to us, best defences in this league contain players like; Hudson, W.Morgan, Hobbs, Chester, Greer.

The majority of them will be told to defend how you think is 'out-dated' and its working for them.

The exception to this is Swansea, who in Williams and Chico Flores who are footballing centre halves at a price we could afford. But they are an exception.

All of you are criticising MM for saying something that a manager like Allrdyce and David Moyes would go by too.

There are so many ways to be successful, and MM identified a way to make us successful and delivered. Zubar joined the year we went up, we did not have the players to be passing it from the back.

And I hope it was passed down to the youth team - it teaches them as CB your first priority is to defend and anything else is a bonus.
Give me a Shawcross/Huth, Johnson/Dann (in their pomp) over two fancy-dan CB's you lot want.

Excellent post

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WeAreTheWolves, this won't do! Certainly not on here!!!!

One sheep says for example 'Mick McCarthy wrecked our Club' . . ok? That's the line, then all other sheep follow through the gap!

You won't fit in here, sorry!

N

Northampton Wanderer

The Mac Out banner after the Liverpool game said it all really

M

Mugwump

??? A strange post that.

Just replying to wearethewolves tbh. I think its funny how people cling to a series of freak results in the premier league to defend McCarthy, when we never repeated it or even came close to repeating it. I could understand it if we constantly gave those teams he mentioned close games or even beat them more than once every 3 years, but we didnt. We took some right tonkings from them at times.

Back
Top Bottom