Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Interview with Chris Kamara

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wan't sure whether to post this on the football section or not so I'll post it here and if the mods want to move it they can. I thought this was very interesting interview with Chris Kamara. Over the years Kamara has been one of the best things about football on Sky, particularly his match reporting on Soccer Saturday. He's one of those people who has made the most of his talents. It's worth a watch if you have a spare hour or so.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
He always comes across as a genuine lovely chap with an absolute passion for the game, but also the way he was with everyone around him, he came across as one of those rare gems who will brighten a room wherever it is.

Despite his illness I hope that with the support especially of his family and everyone else, that he's able to rationalise that although what he 'brings to the table' is different to that of the past, he still has a huge wealth of experience and knowledge that's irreplaceable and that people respect him because of that.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If I am taking in the sport on a Saturday, I'm very usually a R5 person - I love sports on the radio. But when I have found myself in front of Sky Sports, I always thought Kamara was fantastic and really enjoyable to listen to; much better than the rest of that lot IMO. As someone further up has said, it's his knowledge / humour / self-deprecation, and his simple hot enthusiasm for any game he's at. He could even make us sound interesting. Good luck to him & his family.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Met him once at the playoff final between Boro and Norwich. Seemed very humble.

Has always come across as a top guy on TV too.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A very entertaining chap to listen to. Was a half decent footballer too in the early 80s.

So sad to hear of his illness, wish him all the best.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does he have Parkinson’s?
He has a speech disorder that means his brain struggles to send the words to his mouth. Horrendous for a person whose job is to speak.
Bruce Willis recently had to retire from acting with a similar condition.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wan't sure whether to post this on the football section or not so I'll post it here and if the mods want to move it they can. I thought this was very interesting interview with Chris Kamara. Over the years Kamara has been one of the best things about football on Sky, particularly his match reporting on Soccer Saturday. He's one of those people who has made the most of his talents. It's worth a watch if you have a spare hour or so.

Thanks for posting, some guy Chris !!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
To be honest I thought he was a bit of a dirty player, limited and made up for it with the sort of stuff you could get away with at the time. Once he started his media career though his warmth, humour and honesty shone through. Very sad for him to suffer with this as a guy who just loved to talk.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be honest I thought he was a bit of a dirty player, limited and made up for it with the sort of stuff you could get away with at the time. Once he started his media career though his warmth, humour and honesty shone through. Very sad for him to suffer with this as a guy who just loved to talk.
Remember him in the Leeds side of the early 90s with Chris Whyte alongside him and Batty and Vinny Jones in midfield and Chapman up front. You’re right he was dirty and surrounded by like-minded souls!

We got a good 1-0 win against them at Molineux the season they won the 2nd division, went on to win the title the following year. We had a team who didn’t mind a scrap then either.

Seems like a top bloke off the field, sad to hear of his illness.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has a speech disorder that means his brain struggles to send the words to his mouth. Horrendous for a person whose job is to speak.

Thanks, iirc that’s is one of the effects of Parkinson’s.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Met him once at the playoff final between Boro and Norwich. Seemed very humble.

Has always come across as a top guy on TV too.
Bumped into him with my lad before the Liverpool match (relegation season)on the ring road, walking down to the ground. Great guy, took the time to chat to us about everything, then anticipated a tight match with a goal deciding it.

Great guy, but clueless :p

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Really sad news. If I remember correctly he went and played for Welshpool in his 50’s to help them out

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks, iirc that’s is one of the effects of Parkinson’s.
I loved a book by Lawrence Kilkenny "I Love To Go A Wandering". I bought his book on Kindle when he mentioned it on here. I only read it recently though. I really hope there was some sort of remedy for what Lawrence referred to as "Mr. P." but sadly probably not. If he's still visiting the forum I'd like to say thanks very much for writing such a nice book.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have aphasia now after a stroke in January. Its very very frustrated but thankfully I'm getting better. Kammy is a legend, hopefully he can get better.

Back
Top Bottom