Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

International watch

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
might as well combine a busy international period for wolves players...

ENGLAND U21
Richard Stearman has been called-up after the withdrawal by Micah Richards
SEB is also training with the squad but his fitness level is unknown

IRELAND
Kevin Foley, Andy Keogh, Darren Potter and Stephen Ward will play for an Rep of Ireland XI vs Nottingham Forest on Thursday night.

Andy Keogh is also in the senior team squad to face Cyprus next Wednesday

SCOTLAND
Kenny Miller's withdrawal gives Chris Iwelumo a better chance of featuring

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
Carlos Edwards flew out to their training camp on monday and could play upto 3 games while away

WALES
Wayne Hennessey is set to miss Wales' World Cup qualifier against Liechtenstein in Cardiff on Saturday. The Wolves stopper, 21, has been hit with a stomach bug and was put into isolation at the Wales camp once his symptoms became apparent. He also missed training on Wednesday and it us understood boss John Toshack will not risk his first-choice keeper.

Also, the loss of Earnshaw and Eastwood to injury means that youngsters Sam Vokes and Ched Evans will be battling for the chance to partner captain Craig Bellamy in the two qualifiers.

Dave Edwards is also in the squad which will travel to face Germany in Munich after this Saturday's Liechtenstein game

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WALES
Wayne Hennessey is set to miss Wales' World Cup qualifier against Liechtenstein in Cardiff on Saturday. The Wolves stopper, 21, has been hit with a stomach bug and was put into isolation at the Wales camp once his symptoms became apparent.

Probably just a hangover.:rolleyes:

M

Mr Wolf

11 players involed in International games one way or the other, great stuff.

D

doog

Wolves duo Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and Karl Henry have been targeted by Jamaica coach John Barnes for international calls. ummm :D

D

dazmanwolf

I just hope our lot stay injury free. Its getting a bit close to the mark at the moment.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey has returned to light training with Wales after being hit with a stomach bug.

The Wolves stopper, 21, hopes to be fit for Wales' World Cup qualifier against Liechtenstein in Cardiff on Saturday. He had been put into isolation at the Wales camp once his symptoms became apparent.

And Although Hennessey was able to take some part in training on Wednesday, boss John Toshack is unlikely to risk his first-choice keeper.

J

jbarnettuk1984

looks like carlos edwards got a full 90 minutes and a couple of assists. shame he couldn't get on the scoresheet considering they scored 9 goals though!

D

Deanowolf

Stephen Ward Andy Keogh and Kevin Foley all started the game vs Forest tonight, they're in the second half currently and are 2-0 up.

Caleb Folan and Andy Keogh with the goals.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
finished 2-0

keogh, foley and stephen ward all started the game, with keogh and ward seemingly both in midfield
(alongside none other than keith andrews and darron gibson!)

darren potter came on for gibson 10 minutes into the 2nd half, while keogh was subbed just after scoring (63mins),
ward was also subbed five minutes later but foley played the full match.

keogh will now return to the first team squad for their game next wednesday v cyprus

djackl

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure it was a deflection or something like that.

Counts for less, see.

K

Kenny-11

what was keoghs goal like?

Played the ball out wide, moved into the area..........low cross to Keogh who was about 7 yards out.....good first time finish, close to the keeper but the power in the shot gave him no chance to react.

Goals were on SSN this morning so should appear online somewhere today

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ward in midfield?! He's a left back ffs and a bloody good one at that.

J

jbarnettuk1984

and the 22-year-old admitted: "the only things i know about liechtenstein is germany beat them 6-0 the other week. "and when i spoke to my manager at wolves, mick mccarthy, about them, all he said was 'pub team'."

:d

A

Axle

More diplomacy from the Yorkshire Terrier . . .

Perhaps he'd like to describe how he views Iceland?

C

Cardiff Wolf

The word round here is that Vokes is set to partner Bellamy up front for Wales on Saturday. Really looking forward to it.

E

EasternWolf

The word round here is that Vokes is set to partner Bellamy up front for Wales on Saturday. Really looking forward to it.

Yes i read that somewhere earlier ..he was quoted directly as being pleased to play alongside Bellamy

D

Dewsburywolf

Whichever of them plays just remember one thing :

DON'T COME BACK INJURED BOYS.

R

Rocky_Balllboa

Is there any chance of SEB or Stearman playing tonight?

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is there anywhere to listen/watch the U21 game online tonight?

Reaction score
As I've been unable to listen to or watch any of the game, does it look like SEB or Stearman will get on at any point?

S

Shifnal Wolf

Only watched the 2nd half so far, I don't think that Mancienne is better than Stearman and not being biased, i think Stearman is the better defender. England seem to have dominated 2nd half and looks a good ref as well who's letting things flow

Reaction score
Why not stick Ebanks-Blake on for a few mins, just to get him selectable for the future. Fair enough Stearman not coming on, if he didn't settle in defence that could cost a goal.

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That was my thoughts exactly! SEB should have got a run out!

Reaction score
What a foo' Pearce is. Absolutely no reason not to put SEB on, now in the 2nd leg the opportunity might not arise. Like I said, don't put Stearman on and change the defence when trying to hold out for a win, but should really have stuck Sylvan in to grab a 4th ;)

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i was under the impression that SEB (or stearman) don't have to play in the qualifiers anyway to qualify for selection for the tournament anyway?

Back
Top Bottom