Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Injury update

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always difficult to put timings on injuries and it raises expectations. Interesting that they say chiquinho is ahead of Sasa was a worse injury
Yeah I’m never a fan of when clubs say a player is “x weeks away from return”. I don’t see who that benefits, ever. As fans we always want to be in a loop and as we know from the “hand wringers” on here they lose their mind if no update but then if a player ends up a few weeks later than expected the same hand wringers are in a blind panic that the player is never going to be fit or the medical team aren’t fit for purpose. Truth is players recover from injuries at different rates depending on genetics, age, previous injuries, body composition and for want of a better phrase mentality. An example of the latter is an old school mate of mine when doing his sports science degree in the early 2000s spent his practical training at wolves. A certain player to I won’t name as it’s massively unfair had a long term injury, he was signed off as “good to go” by the surgeon, consultant and medical team to return to full training but 6 months later still wasn’t as was constantly saying that his injury “didn’t feel right” and he wouldn’t push himself past what he thought was his level but the experts felt he could. In the end he saw a lot of a sports psychologist to get him past what was his own mental barrier rather than physical one.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always difficult to put timings on injuries and it raises expectations. Interesting that they say chiquinho is ahead of Sasa was a worse injury
Nah its dead easy. Think of a number, treble it, take away the number of fingers a baggie fan has, add your favourite number and there you have it plus or minus two years.

Back
Top Bottom