Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Injuries

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will probably get slated for posting this thread but feel it is a fair one to put up.

Is anyone else getting concerned at the amount of injuries the squad is picking up already?

Chiquinho's injury was very unfortunate and you cant legislate for that but I see that of the squad that went to Spain, Sa, Hwang, Adama, Toti, Campbell, Sarkic, Raul, Semedo or all unable to play due to various injuries. Very concerning when have such a small squad. Attacking areas are particularly badly hit with Fabio leaving, Chiquinho injured and now Hwang, Raul and Adama all with knocks.

Have any other Premier League sides currently got this level of knocks and injuries before the season has even started?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Do you have any evidence of us having a lot more injuries than other teams?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As I said above. I'm not sure on other teams but we do seem to have an excessive number of knocks and injuries. Would be interesting to know how other teams are faring in pre season with injuries compared to us.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

As I said above. I'm not sure on other teams but we do seem to have an excessive number of knocks and injuries. Would be interesting to know how other teams are faring in pre season with injuries compared to us.
Probably would have been worth checking before you declared the injuries excessive

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm guessing we probably have higher than the average number of knocks at this stage of pre-season, Jos, but getting knocks is a feature of cranking it up before the first game of the season.

OK, both keepers are an issue with the Dirty Leeds match on the horizon, but if not one of the outfield players recovers by then, we would still be able to play -

Jonny Collins Kilman RAN
Donk Mouts Neves
Pod Neto MGW

Bench including Bueno, Boly, Coady, Ronan, Cundle, Hodge and Corbeanu - fairly lightweight, admittedly!

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This site usually keeps a good track of injuries

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will probably get slated for posting this thread but feel it is a fair one to put up.

Is anyone else getting concerned at the amount of injuries the squad is picking up already?

Chiquinho's injury was very unfortunate and you cant legislate for that but I see that of the squad that went to Spain, Sa, Hwang, Adama, Toti, Campbell, Sarkic, Raul, Semedo or all unable to play due to various injuries. Very concerning when have such a small squad. Attacking areas are particularly badly hit with Fabio leaving, Chiquinho injured and now Hwang, Raul and Adama all with knocks.

Have any other Premier League sides currently got this level of knocks and injuries before the season has even started?
Firstly we need to look at the difference between knocks and other injuries. Knocks are going to happen and most cant be avoided. Muscular injuries though could be higher due to Lage's training regime of pushing his players physically knowing he might lose some but the remainder are in his eyes likely to be more fit.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I don’t think Hwang is injured, he’s just a bit behind in fitness because he joined up with the team late because he was doing military service.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Hwang is injured, he’s just a bit behind in fitness because he joined up with the team late because he was doing military service.

So having a few weeks in Mykonos with the lads/wife/harem is better for your fitness that doing military service in South Korea. How **** are their military?

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players carry knocks all the time - and play with them. In pre season it makes sense to allow full recovery. I imagine some of these withdrawals will be purely precautionary. If the injury list is this long when the season starts I will be surprised - and concerned.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So having a few weeks in Mykonos with the lads/wife/harem is better for your fitness that doing military service in South Korea. How **** are their military?
Different fitness though isn’t it - my brother did marathons and cross country running - but when he played football for my team he could hardly walk for a couple of days.

Running doesn’t prepare you for the twisting, turning and sudden sprints of football.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m concerned about the number of threads and discussions there have been another numbers of injuries ( no smoke without fire)

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Different fitness though isn’t it - my brother did marathons and cross country running - but when he played football for my team he could hardly walk for a couple of days.

Running doesn’t prepare you for the twisting, turning and sudden sprints of football.
100% it's HIIT over a long period.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They might be in a similar situation to us but have a bigger squad . But I know in the past you would probably be happy with Shi or Sellars in goal against Leeds if needed.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

They might be in a similar situation to us but have a bigger squad . But I know in the past you would probably be happy with Shi or Sellars in goal against Leeds if needed.
Why because I don't think we should have signed another keeper?

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's preseason the players are pushed hard it's normal to pick up small strains

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably would have been worth checking before you declared the injuries excessive
He didn’t use the word excessive once in his post. Might have been worth checking also.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems more than we’ve had in the past but I’m not too worried as long as it’s precautionary.

The concerning thing is that players who miss pre season usually either get thrown in at the deep end straight away (to gain fitness on the job) or they get eased back in and don’t come good until 6 weeks or so in.

CologneWolf

Reaction score

He didn’t use the word excessive once in his post. Might have been worth checking also.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What makes you think that elite sports fitness and military fitness have much in common?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He is injured, Jade. Hip injury.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What makes you think that elite sports fitness and military fitness have much in common?

Versus spending a week in ****ing Mykonos (as per my post) I would say it’s more similar. Would you not agree? Or you just looking for someone to disagree with?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Versus spending a week in ****ing Mykonos (as per my post) I would say it’s more similar. Would you not agree? Or you just looking for someone to disagree with?
Not looking for a disagreement. I just find it amazing how some people (not necessarily you) don't seem to understand just how different the fitness training is for very different activities.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most sound like minor knocks but let's see if they're in full training next week or not.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang took a slight knock from a North Korean missile, but should be available for selection soon.
He's taken enough knocks from fellow Mixers to miss the whole season

(which would please some of them ;))

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's taken enough knocks from fellow Mixers to miss the whole season

(which would please some of them ;))
If we are going to play with a more positive formation, with more players in the opposition third, then Hwang could be ok as a central striker.

He has great pace, and with Podence, Neto and Gibbs-White around him, he could score goals.

Once he gets fit of course. If we could only keep him off the biscuits.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are going to play with a more positive formation, with more players in the opposition third, then Hwang could be ok as a central striker.

He has great pace, and with Podence, Neto and Gibbs-White around him, he could score goals.

Once he gets fit of course. If we could only keep him off the biscuits.
I think Podence has been on the Shortbread ;)

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All things are relative. So we need this information first.
Looking at most available sites.

We are on par with most teams, with leeds having the most.

Given traore and hwang are not long term niggles, SA is due back hopefully this weekend.

Our majors are Semedo and Chiq,

Semedo is likely to return August

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Think Chelsea have 5 out, almost all with hamstring tweaks. This is what Tuchel said about 1 of them

" Azpi had a big knock above his knee in his muscle. He ran into Edou, It was a training accident. If it was a Premier League match, we would've taken the risk, but the risk was too big that maybe he takes another hit and is maybe three or four days, and it was not worth it."

That is a lot of players pre-season injuries, suspect a lot of ours as well. As someone mentioned above, Prem players are rarely absolutely 100% when they play.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take it no update from the club on any of our injured players such as Adama, Hwang, Sa, Sarkic, Semedo, Raul, Gomes, Campbell? Could be an interesting squad that goes to Portugal tomorrow to say the least!

Back
Top Bottom