Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Inheritance - ST rules

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Serious question as I have no idea what the answer is..... I attend the games with my daughter, we are both ST holders and have been going together for a very long time.
When anything happens to me , what happens to my ST ? can she pass it on to my son, or , does it have to just go as deceased and the club give it to the first person on the waiting list ?

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Similar query - my daughter is off to uni and won’t be using her under 21 ticket much - can I reassign to my much younger grandchild ( under 17 price ) ?

D

Deleted member 4456

Similar query - my daughter is off to uni and won’t be using her under 21 ticket much - can I reassign to my much younger grandchild ( under 17 price ) ?

Due to Premier League Corona *******s, the club will probably make more effort to check season cards and matchday tickets than they have in the past. Chancing it probably isn't a good idea for the time being, though an U21 ticket should still be valid for anyone who meets that criterion as long as the ticket holder's name matches any ID brought.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Serious question as I have no idea what the answer is..... I attend the games with my daughter, we are both ST holders and have been going together for a very long time.
When anything happens to me , what happens to my ST ? can she pass it on to my son, or , does it have to just go as deceased and the club give it to the first person on the waiting list ?
As they are non-transferable I would say your last comment would be correct

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think they can be passed on unfortunately.

You would hope the club could come up with a way to facilitate this, even if it meant seeing proof of death certificate etc. To stop those that will chance it and say somebody has passed just to keep hold of it.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks like basic contract law, in that the contract is between you and the club, so if anything happens to you the contract is terminated.

The answer, Rosehill, is: don't pop your clogs.

I don't intend to, and anyway if you did, who else are we going to moan about?!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When it happens I would suggest your daughter speaks to the club. Rather than having a published policy they may treat each case individually.

Of course if they’ve seen your posts on faffing you may find that Jeffs already put an asterisk against your name with the note that if your season ticket ever becomes available that the club must take it back and let someone with less critical views have it.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have the answer … but don’t want to upset people on the waiting list … especially with the loyalty points news today :grimacing:
I would be interested on knowing the answer to this, privately if you wish my fellow sufferer

Wolf in Wednesbury

Reaction score
I would be interested on knowing the answer to this, privately if you wish my fellow sufferer
We’ve literally done it this week … with email to ticket office before hand to advise … I’ve got season ticket with my 9 year old son, 40-odd year old brother and 13 year old niece … niece no longer wanted to attend … I have another son (aged 4) … asked if could transfer niece’s ticket to my son … yes no problem was answer … we had to renew as if my niece was having one then asked to transfer season ticket to my son … refund for difference of U17 to U12 ticket confirmed of just over £80 … job done … sorry to those on waiting list

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve literally done it this week … with email to ticket office before hand to advise … I’ve got season ticket with my 9 year old son, 40-odd year old brother and 13 year old niece … niece no longer wanted to attend … I have another son (aged 4) … asked if could transfer niece’s ticket to my son … yes no problem was answer … we had to renew as if my niece was having one then asked to transfer season ticket to my son … refund for difference of U17 to U12 ticket confirmed of just over £80 … job done … sorry to those on waiting list
Surely there must be some stipulation about this having to be between close family.....otherwise every existing season ticket holder can transfer theirs to whoever they want ?....could even get a few beers out of it....and render the waiting list pointless as no one would ever get off it officially!

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely there must be some stipulation about this having to be between close family.....otherwise every existing season ticket holder can transfer theirs to whoever they want ?....could even get a few beers out of it....and render the waiting list pointless as no one would ever get off it officially!
That’s a very good point

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or just tell them that you’re now gone non-binary and that at the football you’re like to be called by a female name.

Wolf in Wednesbury

Reaction score
They did say if it was family member to be fair … having the same surname probably helped too

But I agree … those on waiting list have next to no chance of getting one

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know someone who had an away season ticket transferred to them from a family member the year we were promoted I think it was.

Apparently it’s allowed to someone at the same address (no reason needed) or at least was then.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I had a season ticket when we first got to Prem (most recently)

Couldn't keep hold of it for various reasons and the lad next to me, whom I didn't know apart from sitting next to him a couple of times bought it for his uncle.

I simply emailed the ticket office to transfer it.

I didn't make any money out of it I will add.

It seems like they are therefore treated more like debentures and an existing season ticket holder effectively owns the seat and can therefore nominate someone else to take it.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When the Glazers took over Man United the ticketing was run dreadfully, a lot like many football clubs used to be, including Wolves.
The lack of fairness in the system gave unscrupulous employees the chance to run the ticketing like an old mate's club with a closed shop.
They audited season tickets and asked for ST holders to present themselves. A lot of them couldn't do that, because they were 120 years old :cool:
There was also a very lucrative parallel ticket system running out of Lou Macari's Fish and Chip Shop, from the families of deceased STH's selling their tickets on.

Last edited:

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
Can't you just get your daughter to change her name by deed poll to yours Derek?

Back
Top Bottom