Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

IN WHO DO WE TRUST?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This isnt a knee jerk omg the end is nigh post,just a simple do we trust the owners and staff to get things right?
We have seen the melt down over Doc,the hysteria over not signing anyone yet,even posts to the tune of relegation next season
Have some of you actually lost the faith?
I mean what exactly has happened so far?
Speculation about players leaving and coming in,i think thats pretty normal for a transfer window at seasons end
Yes its a bit of a surprise that Doc may be going,but no more than Douglas or Costa and Cav really,players come and go its football
We all expect a bit of hand wringing at this time of year but its getting to the point of hysteria on some threads
The redevelopement has slowed,is it really that important in a 10 year plus plan thats 4 years in?
Is it just me that thinks this way? Or am i in the happy clappers branch? I just wondered how many actually feel as pessemistic as some of the threads read at times?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's interesting that since FOSUN came in, we've progressed every single year, all while apparently losing 'crucial' players and, as always, 'not spending enough' and people still don't trust them to get it right.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This isnt a knee jerk omg the end is nigh post,just a simple do we trust the owners and staff to get things right?
We have seen the melt down over Doc,the hysteria over not signing anyone yet,even posts to the tune of relegation next season
Speculation about players leaving and coming in,i think thats pretty normal for a transfer window at seasons end
Yes its a bit of a surprise that Doc may be going,but no more than Douglas or Costa and Cav really,players come and go its football
We all expect a bit of hand wringing at this time of year but its getting to the point of hysteria on some threads
The redevelopement has slowed,is it really that important in a 10 year plus plan thats 4 years in?
Is it just me that thinks this way? Or am i in the happy clappers branch? I just wondered how many actually feel as pessemistic as some of the threads read at times?
The rumours are put about by the pampers makers and sellers.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crunch time for Jeff and Fosun.

They sold us the "project" from day one,and has indeed backed it up thus far.

They stop now,they kill the dream.

It is not up to any of us on this board.Let´s wait and see what´s unfolds.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I trust Nuno, but not those above him. Let's hope Nuno rightly trusts them and isnt let down.
(Nuno is an honest peoples man, those above are business men!)

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two 7th in the league, semi final in the FA cup and quarter final of the Europa league. Talked about as a fantastic football team. A top manager and none of our top players have been mentioned as leaving. Fosun are brilliant owners and they have put Wolverhampton Wanderers back on the map.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I trust Fosun and Nuno to keep Wolves in or around the top half of the table for the next several years.

Not being privy to many other factors inside the Fosun camp, budgets, ambition etc. that’s about all I can expect.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club is in the best position I've seen it in my lifetime.
You'd think moxey was running things the way people are going on.
If nows not the time to have trust you might as well give up. Just shows how self entitled people are these days and always want more

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two 7th in the league, semi final in the FA cup and quarter final of the Europa league. Talked about as a fantastic football team. A top manager and none of our top players have been mentioned as leaving. Fosun are brilliant owners and they have put Wolverhampton Wanderers back on the map.
Yes you’re right but I think the OT is asking about the future.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
My Dad used to tell me that Cullis would often let a player the fans thought was key leave, only for it to turn out there was a better one coming through the ranks. I'm currently consoling myself with that thought. I trust Nuno, that might be the whole list though and I hope he trusts those with the purse strings.

grumpy old wolf

Reaction score
I think trust is still there but I think it is obvious there has been a change in tone , maybe putting things here on the back burner for a year or two

Biffana wolf

Reaction score
I have the faith we will get additions in. Problem we have with additions is they need to fit Nuno’s system so with this in mind someone may come in and we dont see them for 4mths.
I think without additions we will have a mid table finish. I don't believe this 10 Yr plan, if say neves and raul get an injury like Jonny we couldn't cope. If you are building a side, yes you will lose a few, Douglas, costa, cav. Natural some will reach peak then fade also as you rise you need better.
If its a 10yr plan we would have two quality people of each position. Which we don't have. Maybe have of the quality for 1st team 14 players the rest are not 1st team quality but under 23 squad.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A 10 year plan is garbage in football.
What was Swansea or Stokes plan when they were comfortably established in the prem?
What does 28 year old Raul, or Boly or Patricio think to a 10 year plan?
Not many businesses can project 10 year plans let alone football clubs where the product is so unpredictable.
Football is what it's always been, try and progress the side that's due to run out on the field and in doing so the next year or two will look after themselves.
And you rest on your laurels at your peril.

binners

Reaction score
Jeff Shi has stated some ambitious objectives for the club. It does not serve him or Fosun to talk up ambition to then not back it up. This is arguably the best Wolves team in my lifetime. I think we should judge the transfer window once its closed.
Yes it’s not in the Chinese business psych to lose face. Also best wolves team in my time because it’s so much more difficult today than 60 years ago.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was Swansea or Stokes plan when they were comfortably established in the prem?
Not many businesses can project 10 year plans let alone football clubs where the product is so unpredictable.
Football is what it's always been, try and progress the side that's due to run out on the field and in doing so the next year or two will look after themselves.
Very well put. Despite some waffle circa 12 months ago we have essentially trod water since the start of last season and as things stand now I think overall we have a weaker squad. Most fans judge progress by on the field performances rather than long term plans such as ground improvements. Jeff Shi/Fosun are on borrowed time (with me at least) and can only be judged fairly at the end of the coming season.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to admit I'm starting to think things may take a turn for the worse. Doc's transfer isn't the same as the others as we're selling to a direct rival. That and the nominal fee. It strikes me that our luck at getting quality players cheap from the Mendes stable is going against us now.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trust is a heavy word. Broken promises litter the ground beneath our feet like splintered glass on Saturday night pavement, and love spurned withers and dies like... oh wait, we were talking football.

All football owners and managers talk up their clubs and want the best for the team and the fans, with the possible exception of Mike Ashley. Fosun, I am sure, want nothing but success for Wolves. They are shrewdly intelligent and have invested readily. But there are no certainties and everyone makes mistakes. Fosun have made some, and will make more. It's how it goes.

I think breaking into the top four is going to be hellishly difficult, and I don't think our better players will wait around forever out of blind loyalty. I don't personally feel as though Nuno is quite as invested in 'the project' as he was, possibly because of the year of Covid, but that doesn't mean I'm sure he'll up and leave. I hope not. But. Even if he does, life goes on.

I think anyone who expects us to be the next Man City are going to be bitterly disappointed. And I think Fosun will be disappointed if they think we can get to the Champions League by just being smart; it's going to need money, excessive money, greedy money, maybe more money than they will ultimately be comfortable spending.

I think every year we finish in the top ten and give our all in cup competitions should be regarded as a successful year, every year we finish top seven will be outstanding, and I think the more attacking, fluid football we play, the more fans will stay behind the team even if we lose a third of our matches. But defensive, safe, containment football will eventually foster resentment.

In short, I have faith that Fosun want the best for us but I don't take anything for granted, and I think it will need either a miracle or a £100-150m investment to get top four, if that's really what they want.

And yes, I still love the girl who broke my heart and always will, and I will never trust in quite the same way again.

D

Deleted member 4436

If we’re going to talk negatively, can we back it up with substance?

There is absolutely no evidence right now to suggest that Fosun are pulling back.

Other clubs might be doing business - good for them. If we sign a player now or in one week it will not make one bit of difference.

You simply can’t fire out 3-5 year contracts and £30m transfer fees unless we’re absolutely sure of the fit. The impact is too big.

Imagine signing 3 players on 50-70k a week who don’t work out but are happy to sit on their contract knowing that the PL is the place to be, just because BigDave466 wanted to get a players name on the back of his shirt.

Patience.

WolfWarrior

Groupie
Reaction score
Swansea and Stoke had flaky unsustainable plans.

WolfWarrior

Groupie
Reaction score
Trust is a heavy word. Broken promises litter the ground beneath our feet like splintered glass on Saturday night pavement, and love spurned withers and dies like... oh wait, we were talking football.

All football owners and managers talk up their clubs and want the best for the team and the fans, with the possible exception of Mike Ashley. Fosun, I am sure, want nothing but success for Wolves. They are shrewdly intelligent and have invested readily. But there are no certainties and everyone makes mistakes. Fosun have made some, and will make more. It's how it goes.

I think breaking into the top four is going to be hellishly difficult, and I don't think our better players will wait around forever out of blind loyalty. I don't personally feel as though Nuno is quite as invested in 'the project' as he was, possibly because of the year of Covid, but that doesn't mean I'm sure he'll up and leave. I hope not. But. Even if he does, life goes on.

I think anyone who expects us to be the next Man City are going to be bitterly disappointed. And I think Fosun will be disappointed if they think we can get to the Champions League by just being smart; it's going to need money, excessive money, greedy money, maybe more money than they will ultimately be comfortable spending.

I think every year we finish in the top ten and give our all in cup competitions should be regarded as a successful year, every year we finish top seven will be outstanding, and I think the more attacking, fluid football we play, the more fans will stay behind the team even if we lose a third of our matches. But defensive, safe, containment football will eventually foster resentment.

In short, I have faith that Fosun want the best for us but I don't take anything for granted, and I think it will need either a miracle or a £100-150m investment to get top four, if that's really what they want.

And yes, I still love the girl who broke my heart and always will, and I will never trust in quite the same way again.
The reality is breaking into the top four might be done without the likes of Boly, Moutinho, Raul and Patricio. Even Boly acknowledged that in one of his rare interviews a few months ago.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Trust the forum as they know best, more than the multi million pound business that runs the club

Yeah but the fans have been watching English football for years and we all know what happens when you stop investing and start selling your best players and don't replace them.
Fosun have obviously done incredible things, but the season starts in 2 weeks and we're weaker than last season already. I really hope there's a cunning plan behind selling Doc so cheap.
Also I just wish they'd buy players first, then sell!

Nivada

Reaction score
Another knee jerk post, we were in league one 6 years ago a bit of perspective please

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Swansea and Stoke had flaky unsustainable plans.
I wasn't party to their business models or strategic ten year plans (if they were naiave enough to project such a timeline - maybe they called in Nasa to do some equations) . They both looked well run clubs to me, both with very different football philosophies. And all was going swimmingly until...... the football teams let them down (and panic and flawed footballing decisions were made to try to get them back on track). "Look where we were seven years ago" they probably say.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I trust Nuno, but not those above him. Let's hope Nuno rightly trusts them and isnt let down.
(Nuno is an honest peoples man, those above are business men!)
What have Jeff and Fosun done for you not to trust them? Delivered promotion, the best squad In 40 years and European football. Utterly ridiculous statement

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very well put. Despite some waffle circa 12 months ago we have essentially trod water since the start of last season and as things stand now I think overall we have a weaker squad. Most fans judge progress by on the field performances rather than long term plans such as ground improvements. Jeff Shi/Fosun are on borrowed time (with me at least) and can only be judged fairly at the end of the coming season.
Trod water... Did we dream a quarter final in the europa league.... We run out of steam a bit towards the final few games but we competed for a top 5 finish all the way from around Christmas time... Our 7th finish was better this season as we competed with the teams from 4th to 7th....the previous season we competed from 7th to 10th......tredding water at that level is a massive achievement for a club with only 2 years premiership funds in the bank balance....

Back
Top Bottom