Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

'I'm sorry': Robbie Savage has a grim message for Leeds United fans

• Thread starter Shane Callaghan
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shane Callaghan

Photo by Matthew Ashton – AMA/Getty Images

There’s a whole new bunch of Leeds United fixtures for the supporters to revel in as another Premier League campaign looms large.

The Elland Road outfit kick off their new season with a visit of Wolverhampton Wanderers this afternoon.

This will be Leeds’ first competitive game since staving off relegation by the skin of their teeth under Jesse Marsch last time around, maintaining their Premier League status on a dramatic final day of the 2021-22 term.

The West Yorkshire club have enjoyed a busy summer and have invested rather substantially, spending the guts of £90 million.

Then again, Marsch has lost Raphinha and Kalvin Phillips to Barcelona and Manchester City respectively.

And Robbie Savage is predicting relegation for Leeds this season, commenting that he feels Marsch’s side will finish 18th in the standings.

He told The Mirror: “Jesse Marsch just about dodged a bullet in May, but it was mighty close – and losing Raphinha’s flair, and Kalvin Phillips anchoring the midfield, won’t help. Marsch has spent a lot of money – around £90 million – on seven new faces, but none excites me and I’m sorry to say Leeds might be going down.”

Some Leeds supporters might hate to admit it, but Savage may have a point.

Virtually none of their pre-season recruits have Premier League experience and this is such a difficult division to adapt to immediately.

Raphinha took to English football like a duck to water, but he’s also Raphinha, a rare quality who now plays for one of the world’s biggest clubs, two years after joining United.

Losing him and Phillips could well be detrimental and it’ll be interesting to see how they fare.

Photo by Michael Regan/Getty Images

The post 'I'm sorry': Robbie Savage has a grim message for Leeds United fans appeared first on HITC.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom