Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ilkay Gundogan could stay at Man City as Pep Guardiola admits he’d ‘like to work with him in future’ amid Barcelona links

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil Spencer

Pep Guardiola has opened the door to Ilkay Gundogan staying at Manchester City by saying he’d ‘like to work with him in the future’.

The German international is facing an uncertain future with his contract at the Etihad Stadium due to expire this summer.

Gundogan was sensational for Man City as he helped them to victory over Leeds
Getty

Gundogan is out of contract at City and has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona
Getty

With Barcelona heavily linked with a move, the 32-year-old has some high-level options available to him, one of which is staying at City.

Gundogan has scored 56 goals in 298 appearances for the Citizens, including seven in 45 games this term.

Two of those goals game in the 2-1 victory over Leeds United in which the midfielder dictated the game, leading to reporters asking about the prospect of him sticking around.

Answering those queries, the City boss made his own opinion quite clear.

Speaking after the game, Guardiola said: “I said about the contract, the club is involved and knows my opinion.

“They are above me, we take the decision together, good and bad.

The German midfielder still has plenty to offer Guardiola’s side

Most read in Football​

I played under Lampard but I'm more likely to fight him than say hello if I saw him

Wrexham players 'forced' into Vegas trip welcomed poolside and party with Steve Aoki

Man United legend clashes with player who scored stoppage-time winner and sparks melee

Liverpool 1-0 Brentford LIVE REACTION: Reds close gap to Man United with another win

Wolves fan demands apology from Agbonlahor after Villa legend 'slagged them off'

Guardiola rages at Haaland from touchline after Gundogan's penalty miss

“It’s not necessary if he scored two incredible goals, how good he played today, reading the spaces, he has everything – incredible run in the final third, how intelligent he is.

“It’s not necessary to score two goals to know exactly how I like this player and enjoying working with him and how I’d like to work with him in the future.”

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom