Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

If you could relive one concert?

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stone Roses - Dudley JB's. I'd never heard of them. Coach loads of mancs on king st gave me a clue they might be alright. Still remember hearing the start of waterfall while at the bar. I thought this is alright, and it was.
I was there!!
Also saw oasis,blur,shed seven amongst others there in the days before they made it big.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I was there!!
Also saw oasis,blur,shed seven amongst others there in the days before they made it big.
What year are you talking about?? I lived in JBs from around 1977 to around 1985, went 5 nights a week & weekend lunchtimes, saw hundreds of bands there but honestly can’t remember half their names :):):)

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there!!
I didn't see oasis or shed seven but I remember blur. It was one thier first paid gigs and I can remember they set up a little stall by the food in the corridor selling thier merch. Not many band's did that back then. Obviously had an eye for business from the start.
I also remember the Manic Street Preachers. I had a few cans of redstripe with em in dressing room at the back. Richey had his make up on and was pretty dark and moody. Should have got his autograph but I was playing it too cool to ask for that crap!

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't see oasis or shed seven but I remember blur. It was one thier first paid gigs and I can remember they set up a little stall by the food in the corridor selling thier merch. Not many band's did that back then. Obviously had an eye for business from the start.
I also remember the Manic Street Preachers. I had a few cans of redstripe with em in dressing room at the back. Richey had his make up on and was pretty dark and moody. Should have got his autograph but I was playing it too cool to ask for that crap!

I live for shedcember. Getting better all the time.

Beastie Boys at Civic in mid nineties the gig id love to do again. Snowey day and had a massive snowball fight after show.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went to the Bryan Ferry concert in Birmingham late 1974, it was just after the Birmingham pub bombings, first time I'd seen that type of security.
The concert was amazing, Ferry with Roxy Music and a full orchestra. 5 or 6 girl backing singers. I'd never experienced anything like it. Just me and my buddy there, (a few thousand others), he was my best man at my wedding 10 years later, sadly no longer with us. Memories remain.
These foolish things.
That was my greatest concert as well!!! There was an an acapella version of mother pearl that made me shiver!!

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I live for shedcember. Getting better all the time.

Beastie Boys at Civic in mid nineties the gig id love to do again. Snowey day and had a massive snowball fight after show.
saw this thread and first thought was Beastie Boys on the NME stage at Glastonbury 1994 followed by seeing them again at The Academy in Manchester the next year, amazing band

either that or Pink Floyd at Stafford Bingley Hall on the Animals tour

or Zeppelin at Knebworth

or Leonard Cohen at the Big Chill 2011
or U2 at Leeds Tiffany's 1981

but mostly probably New Order at Sheffield Romeo's and Juliet's same year

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mines not quite in line with the thread topic: mine is a case of what concert did you miss that you wish you had gone to.

In 1991 Motorhead came to NZ and I was living in Auckland where the gig was going to be. My all time favourite band but alas I was also struggling with addictions at the time and had to choose between either getting wasted at home or going to the gig and being straight.

Alas I chose to get wasted but to my credit I found some sort of middle ground by hanging around outside the gig.

Missing Motorhead is one of the biggest regrets of my life!

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nirvana - Reading Festival 1991. It was my first ever festival and who'd have thought a month later than Teen Spirit would blow up like it did.

W

wolvesultra

I was there!!
Oasis never played JBs pal.

If you saw them before they were big it could have been at the Wulfrun in 93 (played twice supporting BMX Bandits and Verve) or Jug Of Ale / Edwards 8 in Brum maybe?

Shed Seven supported Supergrass there in 94. Now I’d switch the headliner/support but wow what a gig

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oasis never played JBs pal.

If you saw them before they were big it could have been at the Wulfrun in 93 (played twice supporting BMX Bandits and Verve) or Jug Of Ale / Edwards 8 in Brum maybe?

Shed Seven supported Supergrass there in 94. Now I’d switch the headliner/support but wow what a gig
They most definetly did play jbs.

W

wolvesultra

They most definetly did play jbs.
Well if they did it would be news to every Oasis biographer/historian etc etc out there I’ve double checked a few far more informed sources than me and nobody knows this.

Got a ticket stub/poster or anything I can pass on? Or even idea of the date? Few people I know who run main Oasis websites would be very interested.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if they did it would be news to every Oasis biographer/historian etc etc out there I’ve double checked a few far more informed sources than me and nobody knows this.

Got a ticket stub/poster or anything I can pass on? Or even idea of the date? Few people I know who run main Oasis websites would be very interested.
Jb’s used to run an under 18s night when we were still at school and used to have bands on. Definetly remember them playing there as we couldn’t believe it when they started playing on the radio not long after they played there.
There is a book that has every band that played there somewhere will see if I can track it down.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mines not quite in line with the thread topic: mine is a case of what concert did you miss that you wish you had gone to.

In 1991 Motorhead came to NZ and I was living in Auckland where the gig was going to be. My all time favourite band but alas I was also struggling with addictions at the time and had to choose between either getting wasted at home or going to the gig and being straight.

Alas I chose to get wasted but to my credit I found some sort of middle ground by hanging around outside the gig.

Missing Motorhead is one of the biggest regrets of my life!

This ties into the gig i would like to go back to, the first time i saw motorhead and they had the wildhearts supporting...two of my favourite bands.
One of the lads backed out so we had a spare ticket, called everyone we knew and nobody wanted it even though it as free!

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Jb’s used to run an under 18s night when we were still at school and used to have bands on. Definetly remember them playing there as we couldn’t believe it when they started playing on the radio not long after they played there.
There is a book that has every band that played there somewhere will see if I can track it down.
Ive got a list somewhere & the book they published will try and dig em out

Edit. I have found my document listed are all bands/ played from 1970 to when it closed, if u know an approx year Oasis played there let me know and ill look

Last edited:
W

wolvesultra

Ive got a list somewhere & the book they published will try and dig em out

Edit. I have found my document listed are all bands/ played from 1970 to when it closed, if u know an approx year Oasis played there let me know and ill look
Would have to have been between 1993 (as didn't play outside Manchester before then) and 1994 although by the late summer of 94 they were playing on their own tour of much bigger venues (Wulfrun Hall etc) after their Glastonbury appearance.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Several from Mothers in Erdington. Canned Heat (my first), Soft Machine, Family, It's A Beautiful Day, Keef Hartley, Led Zeppelin. Hard to imagine the effect & sound/noise levels of some of the groups with equipment geared for bigger venues. in such a confined space. Much like JBs & the Catacombs.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d like to relive the gig I went to last night, The Horrors at the Albert Hall. What a venue what a gig

Rusty Staples

Groupie
Reaction score
Several from Mothers in Erdington. Canned Heat (my first), Soft Machine, Family, It's A Beautiful Day, Keef Hartley, Led Zeppelin. Hard to imagine the effect & sound/noise levels of some of the groups with equipment geared for bigger venues. in such a confined space. Much like JBs & the Catacombs.
LovedLFsmilyL.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slipknot in Wolves around '99 maybe. Me greebo era wore it. Been to better gigs before and after but overall day was class.
Loads of protests against them playing uptown so we skipped college and went up was hilarious. During gig singer went up balcony and jumped in crowd and bost someones neck. Mental.
Great day with mates.
I went to this too. Was great
I'm trying to think who supported them, was it Kittie and NIN or was that another gig I'm getting confused with?

I remember being so close to the guy with big nose who jumped off balcony I could touch his shoe. Poor girl got flattened

db86

Groupie
Reaction score
I went to this too. Was great
I'm trying to think who supported them, was it Kittie and NIN or was that another gig I'm getting confused with?

I remember being so close to the guy with big nose who jumped off balcony I could touch his shoe. Poor girl got flattened

Didn't they get banned from ever playing the civic again after that?

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In addition to Motorhead, I'd redo MOR at Donington in '88 & '91

'88 was Helloween, Guns n Roses, Megadeth, Dave Lee Roth, Kiss & Maiden
'91 was Black Crowes, Queensryche, Motley Crue, Metallica & AC/DC

Roger Waters doing The Wall at the O2 in London 11 May 2011 was just incredible (if only I'd waited one more day I would have got Gilmour and Mason as well!)

Lofty wolf

Reaction score
Roger Waters doing The Wall at the O2 in London 11 May 2011 was just incredible (if only I'd waited one more day I would have got Gilmour and Mason as well!)

I saw Roger Waters doing The Wall at Wembley Stadium and all the talk in the lead up was if Dave Gilmour was going to appear again !
Stunning Show

Back
Top Bottom