Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

If we had our time again

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
Given how awfully rushed and affected our approach was on deadline day - and with the dust still very much settling - I wanted to pose a useless hypothetical to the group.

Would you have sold Traore 2 weeks ago if it allowed us more money & time to address our glaring holes in the squad? Namely, a CB & CM but also a replacement for Traore?

Let's say we sold Traore for 40m & were able to recruit players of the standard of;

- Botman
- Kamara
- Guedes

Looking back with what we know now, would you have done it? Interested to see where people now stand.

(Let's not get into why it has to be this way, when we wish it didn't)

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No.

We've had time time and money to make the bids just made a huge mess of it all targeting players who didn't want to.jpim showing a shocking level of due diligence.

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
No. We have 6 million spare. Why the **** do we weaken further when they don’t invest the incoming money in the current squad.

Missed the point of this somewhat, but I'll give you a pass because I assume like me, you're still blinded with rage.
If - in a strange bizarre world where our football club actually bought players we needed - essentially, would you have dispensed of Traore to secure a CM & CB (plus down graded replacement of Traore)

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can’t say that by selling Traore then X will happen.
Besides, as as we know, the only offer we got on Traore was a loan. Good grief, only a loan?
Thats gotta hurt.

T

TheConcourse

I’m not sure they could identify a decent CB and CM if one came to the club and slapped them around the face. So no.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore is about the only reason I feel vaguely optimistic about going this season.

40m would have been staggered payments and we'd have done FA with it anyway.

Load of clowns.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Given how awfully rushed and affected our approach was on deadline day - and with the dust still very much settling - I wanted to pose a useless hypothetical to the group.

Would you have sold Traore 2 weeks ago if it allowed us more money & time to address our glaring holes in the squad? Namely, a CB & CM but also a replacement for Traore?

Let's say we sold Traore for 40m & were able to recruit players of the standard of;

- Botman
- Kamara
- Guedes

Looking back with what we know now, would you have done it? Interested to see where people now stand.

Traore would barely have covered Botman's £35M price tag

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missed the point of this somewhat, but I'll give you a pass because I assume like me, you're still blinded with rage.
If - in a strange bizarre world where our football club actually bought players we needed - essentially, would you have dispensed of Traore to secure a CM & CB (plus down graded replacement of Traore)
Well yes - for 60m - but no one offered us that.
But the realistic world is fosun would have been incapable of signing a player of the required quality for either position

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. Keeping both Traore and Neves was important, and the club did that.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m haven’t been Traore’s biggest fan over the years mainly due to the lack of end product but…… **** me thank god we didn’t sell him.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
If we had our time again

I would have sacked Shi about 2 months ago with Sellars and that other comedian

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you could do this I would rather have:

a) sold semedo to spurs for about 20million and loaned back Doherty until Jonny is fit. Spent the money left over in midfield.
b) sold dendonker for 18 million and bought in two central midfield replacements that were gambles like that Okay fella. Or 1 and keep otasowie around the first team.

We had to be creative. We failed to be.

Wandering_Wolf93

Reaction score

- Botman
- Kamara
- Guedes

What were the rumoured asking prices of the 3 players you have listed? I don't think we are getting all 3 for the 40m.
For me its no we know what Traore offers and has improved massively already this season. Never before in a wolves shirt have I seen him moving off the ball and threatening in behind for balls to run on to. Before he stood out wide and waited to have it to feet. I believe if he can take a couple of chances soon he will starting relaxing more in front of goal and that could see him go on a run of goals.

Back
Top Bottom