Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

If we go down.........

W

WATERLOO WOLF

If we go down this season, will the Chinese pull out and leave us high, dry and broke ?

Ivegotawolvesscarf

Reaction score
Its always a danger with having a sugar daddy with no real connection to the club. What is there to keep them here if we start to look like a bad business decision?

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we go down this season, will the Chinese pull out and leave us high, dry and broke ?
probably yes. I have posted many times that they are almost certain to have borrowed money in wolves name to buy the players. we must be loss making given the vast wage bill. So, we are much much weaker than we were before.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They probably havent "invested" that much. The club is almost certainly borrowing against its assest. no one knows for sure how the club is funded these days but i dont think they would just pump cash in. The assets will be in hock to a lender and the club has to be losing money. gate receipts are down, no parachute payments, lost of extra wages etc. if we went down (which has been looking more likely by the week) we could easily do a coventry/charlton/blackpool. we may not but i certainly wouldnt bet against it

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all honestly. I'd rather be ran like current QPR then the old one for example. Not saying they are ran well, just rather have british players and manager, sign a mixture of young and experienced British players.

So if they do want to pull the plug i wouldn't care.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They dont have a real history of cutting their losses so quickly into a project, but you can never say never.

P

Paul76

Suppose if we get relegated, we can get Kenny Jackett back in to fix us again.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi and co have had an absolute mare this season.Failed to surround themselves with competent people and we have bombed as a result.

We seem to be a haven for **** owners.

D

Deleted member 3545

There is a window in january you know......
Aye but Wolves had the parachute money to spend last time they went down, so i wouldnt rely on spending their way out of trouble. Who in the right mind would sign for Wolves at the moment.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aye but Wolves had the parachute money to spend last time they went down, so i wouldnt rely on spending their way out of trouble. Who in the right mind would sign for Wolves at the moment.

And now they have Fosuns money so I have no doubt they will (over) spend in january as all teams in danger do.

Plus lets hope graham,zyro and williamson reappear soon.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I blame Moxey. He knew full well he was going to Norwich, stalled the Fosun deal so they wouldn't have a preseason with us and got lucky when the Lopetegui opted for Spain when the takeover was delayed. Love a conspiracy theory and that's mine.

M

Monkey Man

Time will tell but they need to start matching the talk as at the moment they are looking like clowns.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I blame Moxey. He knew full well he was going to Norwich, stalled the Fosun deal so they wouldn't have a preseason with us and got lucky when the Lopetegui opted for Spain when the takeover was delayed. Love a conspiracy theory and that's mine.

You will be telling me the moon landing was staged next ....oops wrong thread.

K

KingOfMilwaukee

I've worked with the Chinese. The Chinese hate losing two things.

1. Money
2. Face

Especially #2.

They, along with Villa, were bought primarily because the Chinese overlords told Chinese business to get involved in English League football. But to buy something FOR China and then do this badly....well.... that must be embarassing them.

Could they sell? Not impossible but not likely. They might however, spend (and lose) more money to keep them up because they would rather lose a few million more rather than lose face.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff Shi is completely out of his depth.

Hopefully there'll be a replacement in the post.

D

Deleted member 3545

And now they have Fosuns money so I have no doubt they will (over) spend in january as all teams in danger do.

Plus lets hope graham,zyro and williamson reappear soon.
I hope so too, but after seeing how Dickos return to the 1st team is imnot holding my breath these guys will be Wolves saviours.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we cant keep blaming moxey. there is no CEO the appointme t of zenga was bizarre and the squad is a collection of journeymen. we are in trouble but it is not all moxeys fault

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

1. Money
2. Face

Especially #2.

They, along with Villa, were bought primarily because the Chinese overlords told Chinese business to get involved in English League football. But to buy something FOR China and then do this badly....well.... that must be embarassing them.

Could they sell? Not impossible but not likely. They might however, spend (and lose) more money to keep them up because they would rather lose a few million more rather than lose face.
if we go down (which by the way you were telling us to relax about just a week ago...) they could easily sell the club. one thing they wont do is keep wasting money

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldnt care less if they sell/walk away.

They may have money,but they are utter idiots.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldnt care less if they sell/walk away.

They may have money,but they are utter idiots.
well think about this. they are likely to have borrowed in the clubs name. the club is definitely loss making. so, if they walk away what do you think might happen next?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we go down, we go down for a long time this time.

We got out of jail last time with Jackett. Won't happen again.

Worried.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

1. Money
2. Face

Especially #2.

Good.

It would be seriously poor of them to do so....Fosun have created the situation, the least they can do is rectify it.

That “10 year” plan has to meaning something.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fear we will need to move many out before we can get anyone in but who will want the dross that we've got
Also, it's not as easy as some people think, to get new players in during the January window.

How many players are out there, who fancy joining a club who are deep in a relegation fight?

From what I've read and seen, the foreign recruits have already given up on us, especially those who came in on loan. Don't think that they can wait to be sent back to their parent clubs, after discovering that the Championship is one of the hardest leagues to ply your trade in.

After the euphoria of the takeover and the promise of Premiership football as soon as possible, all the hype has faded into utter despair and gloom. Players saying that they were joining us because of our potential and the exciting project and journey that they were about to embark on. Well all that seems to be a long distant memory now, with little hope of fulfilling the long sought after dream.

Something needs to happen PDQ, the stark reality of our plight needs to be addressed, starting with the QPR game on Thursday.

Wolves ONLY Wolves.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're saying without Jackett we could never get out of the 3rd div. has no other manager ever done it then ?

I'm saying a lot of big (arguably bigger) teams have gone down and failed to return for a long time if at all.

Costa, Teixera all off, quite a few players out of contract, no certainty that the owners will stick around.

I'm fairly concerned relegation this season really would be a disaster.

A

AlexWWFC

I wouldn't of thought so, they might not of made a good start but they do have a reputation to protect. How are they going to explain to the leaders in China they brought one of the most historic clubs in English football, relegated them and got rid?

It looks bad on how the Chinese plan to handle their business in English football and would cause humiliation to all involved, they said they had a 10 year plan and I believe that.

They are learning but based on their success they learn quickly, FOSUN have a global brand to protect and are showing us on TV in China if they did what the OP suggested it would be really embarrassing for them.

However I don't think we will be relegated and we will see a good January window, I also don't think we can make the assumption they have borrowed against the club's assets. They might have done but we really don't know they could just of easily spent their own money to keep the club debt free... One of the things they liked so much about the club.

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FOSUN will not walk away from this imo. It would be seriously damaging for the image of the company. Yes they have made mistakes and will probably make a few more, but I believe they will learn and get it right. Though I would say relegation is a real possibility.

D

Deleted member 3573J

You will be telling me the moon landing was staged next ....oops wrong thread.

Or the mafia killed JFK, the stuff people come out with eh?

Jeff's decision making so far is starting to rival Morgan on the clueless chart, 1st not firing Kev in the summer but then to seemingly give him full control 3 months later is a even bigger mistake. It's a bit like winning the lottery and finding out Nick Leeson will be deciding what you spend the money on. Jeff might as well have withdrew £10m from the bank and given it Michael McIndoe to invest.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or the mafia killed JFK, the stuff people come out with eh?

Jeff's decision making so far is starting to rival Morgan on the clueless chart, 1st not firing Kev in the summer but then to seemingly give him full control 3 months later is a even bigger mistake. It's a bit like winning the lottery and finding out Nick Leeson will be deciding what you spend the money on. Jeff might as well have withdrew £10m from the bank and given it Michael McIndoe to invest.

Its a steep learning curve owning a football club-even more steep when you are part of a collective effort to achieve world ascendancy.

So mistakes have and will be made ,fortunately they have shedloads more money than morgan.

Also Morgan being a football fan thought he knew best,bit like us really and most posters on here .Jeff Shi knows he doesnt plus its fosuns money he is spending so there is hope for him.

Meanwhile back on planet zog -your derision on the mafia is based on warren -normally you would run a mile from an official cover up.

Its a fair shout -joe kennedy paid the mafia to help get jfk elected (fact)then bobby relentlessly pursues the mob(fact).Sam Giancana gets the right hump(supposition).

No proof of course cos ,unsurprisingly,noone talked but a fair shout they were behind oswald pulling the trigger and ruby killing him.

Meanwhile warp factor 5 mr sulu ,to infinity and beyond .Trumps going to mars etc.

Last edited:

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
However I don't think we will be relegated and we will see a good January window.

If we are still at the bottom by then we can forget signing anyone decent in January. Plans will be well and truly out the window.

F

FLEET WOLF

Also, it's not as easy as some people think, to get new players in during the January window.

How many players are out there, who fancy joining a club who are deep in a relegation fight?

From what I've read and seen, the foreign recruits have already given up on us, especially those who came in on loan. Don't think that they can wait to be sent back to their parent clubs, after discovering that the Championship is one of the hardest leagues to ply your trade in.

After the euphoria of the takeover and the promise of Premiership football as soon as possible, all the hype has faded into utter despair and gloom. Players saying that they were joining us because of our potential and the exciting project and journey that they were about to embark on. Well all that seems to be a long distant memory now, with little hope of fulfilling the long sought after dream.

Something needs to happen PDQ, the stark reality of our plight needs to be addressed, starting with the QPR game on Thursday.

Wolves ONLY Wolves.
Well said

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all very exciting, mind. Wolves are never going to win anything - like the majority of clubs in England - so let us enjoy the drama and circus that is our club.

One love One shambles

Back
Top Bottom