Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

If they go, who do we want in????

gewolf

Reaction score
Lambert has both friends and enemies on here and we could all post for ever on (our opinions on) his first part season, but will never agree.
So let's assume that he has Fosun's confidence and that he instigates the departure of Thelwell and all the (footballing) backroom staff.
Who has he worked with successfully before, because those people would be the most likely to get appointed?
Has he worked with anyone any good?
If not, who would we expect, realistically, to be brought in?
Those who we would LIKE him to bring in goes back to opinions and would probably just lead to more arguing, so let's stick with who we EXPECT him to bring in, if possible.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Marco Silva leaves Hull at the end of the season we should not replace Thelwell and give Silva free reign. New scouting staff along with a new set of coaches.

D

Deleted member 4456

If Marco Silva leaves Hull at the end of the season we should not replace Thelwell and give Silva free reign. New scouting staff along with a new set of coaches.

And having turned us down twice already, does he also get to keep the match ball this time?

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And having turned us down twice already, does he also get to keep the match ball this time?

Do we know it wasn't the fact he couldnt have full control and Thelwell's plan was the one to be followed?

There are several parties that have confirmed he was all ready to take the job after Zenga's departure but something happened.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we know it wasn't the fact he couldnt have full control and Thelwell's plan was the one to be followed?

There are several parties that have confirmed he was all ready to take the job after Zenga's departure but something happened.

I still believe if we could get Lopetegui we can get Silva. My guess is that he had to report to Thelwell and only get to pick players from his dossiers of dross. I realise Hull are in the premier now but imagine the backing Silva would get when he gets us promoted.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I still believe if we could get Lopetegui we can get Silva. My guess is that he had to report to Thelwell and only get to pick players from his dossiers of dross. I realise Hull are in the premier now but imagine the backing Silva would get when he gets us promoted.

That's the rumour and yes the backing would be great, he's the type of manager that has made Sam Clucas look brilliant. Imagine what he could do with Dave!!!!

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score

If we could have got Silva in as head coach, but it fell through because of Kevin ****ing Thelwell- that just makes me feel upset and almost physically sick with anger. Good God.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Lambert brought in Michael Henke who coached him at Dortmund as Chief European Scout at Villa.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19275430

His Assistant and Head of Football Operations at Villa and Norwich (and before that) were Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa but they were dismissed by Villa after allegations that they had promoted a 'bullying culture'. Culverhouse is now managing at Kings Lynn.

When those two left, Gordon Cowans and Shay Given stepped in temporarily before Roy Keane had a spell as Assistant (that would be interesting!)

At Blackburn, his assistant was Alan Irvine who will presumably be let go by Norwich in the Summer. Rob Kelly and Lawrence Batty (goalkeeping) were also part of his staff.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lambert brought in Michael Henke who coached him at Dortmund as Chief European Scout at Villa.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19275430

His Assistant and Head of Football Operations at Villa and Norwich (and before that) were Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa but they were dismissed by Villa after allegations that they had promoted a 'bullying culture'. Culverhouse is now managing at Kings Lynn.

When those two left, Gordon Cowans and Shay Given stepped in temporarily before Roy Keane had a spell as Assistant (that would be interesting!)

At Blackburn, his assistant was Alan Irvine who will presumably be let go by Norwich in the Summer. Rob Kelly and Lawrence Batty (goalkeeping) were also part of his staff.

Is he the guy that brought a load of **** in during his time and got him sacked?

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Is he the guy that brought a load of **** in during his time and got him sacked?

Apparently, Lambert himself was the driving force behind some of them.

From the Birmingham Mail:

Lambert, who has already identified several transfer targets, intends to bring in his own people to head up the scouting network, but most of the other existing infrastructure and scouting personnel will remain.

Potential signing Karim El Ahmadi is the new manager’s own choice and he has taken the lead in pursuing the deal with the Moroccan midfielder, which Villa hope to complete next week.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Apparently Henke left after a year anyway...

D

Deleted member 4008

Our problems are the fact some think we are a big club . When we have gone backwards over the past few seasons. Fosun either need to come out and support Lambert fully or get a new man in asap.

I don't think Lambert is any better than KJ . Yes people say wait for him to have a pre season but I just can't see many positives on the pitch. He says he knows what said and Cav have to offer so rested them . Well Bod offers **** all so why not play Wilsonwho has no baggage. The same could be said of so many . The under 23s have done ok this season but we don't know what these players can do as he persists with ****e.

Yes I have no doubt Lambert will be here next season but he hasn't really excited me in any games so far . Also his two signings so far will hardly clear the club shop of shirts with names on will they ?

Back
Top Bottom