Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I wasn't all in on Deano initially...

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But I must say, anyone quite pleased at how he's been the first Wolves manager in years to address the defense so directly? Even if they are loans, I never understood why it was so difficult for MM/TC, and SS to address it and attempt to solve it.

Now, is this a case of Deano being backed where SS wouldn't have been?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Stale wanted more ball playing defenders, which is why it was a great pity the Demidov/Geromel (sp?) signings never came off.

I'm glad Dean Saunders has identified defenders were needed, although at this point in time it was never more obvious - I just wish he would work out even more obvious things which seem to leave me more puzzled on anything McCarthy or Solbakken did.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I was pretty underwhelmed by his appointment but am hugely encouraged by his first two signings.

Has to turn things around result-wise though. Tonight would be a really good time to start.

D

Deleted member 4099

I was pretty underwhelmed by his appointment but am hugely encouraged by his first two signings.

Has to turn things around result-wise though. Tonight would be a really good time to start.

A 0-1 win tonight would be tremendous ,a massive confidence boost with the run of games coming up. If we don't lose still in with a shout. If we lose I think we will really really struggle.

F

FLEET WOLF

But I must say, anyone quite pleased at how he's been the first Wolves manager in years to address the defense so directly? Even if they are loans, I never understood why it was so difficult for MM/TC, and SS to address it and attempt to solve it.

Now, is this a case of Deano being backed where SS wouldn't have been?

You do wonder why MM/TC and SS didn't do anything about our defence.

E

Edgmond Wolf

This in Spades

Come on the Wolves

E

Edgmond Wolf

A 0-1 win tonight would be tremendous ,a massive confidence boost with the run of games coming up. If we don't lose still in with a shout. If we lose I think we will really really struggle.

And this

Come on the Wolves

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading and Liverpool reserves are signed on loan and some of us are on cloud nine and Saunders is the saviour - which shows just how low are expectations have fallen. Anyhow hopefully the two new guys will help and we can scrape a point at Barnsley.

J

johnybig32

You are a clone of my thoughts.

M

Monkey Man

I'm far from convinced.
But they are encouraging signings.

This, I think we'd struggle to find a worse man for the job myself but yes I like the two signings even if they are only on loan.

The summer when we ship folk out and make permanent signings is when we'll know a little more.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Deano regrets taking the job?

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, Gorkss and Robinson are the saviours we've been waiting for. Exciting times at Molineux we're finally attempting to stop other teams from scoring. Hurrah.

Unless we lose tonight and then Saunders, Gorkss and Robinson are almost as $$$$ as Solbakken/McCarthy/Terry Coronary, Berra and Ward......... but not quite.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading and Liverpool reserves are signed on loan and some of us are on cloud nine and Saunders is the saviour - which shows just how low are expectations have fallen. Anyhow hopefully the two new guys will help and we can scrape a point at Barnsley.
However it was not Saunders that took us down to this level yet it seems that a number of posters blame him for those who came before him.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This, I think we'd struggle to find a worse man for the job myself but yes I like the two signings even if they are only on loan.

The summer when we ship folk out and make permanent signings is when we'll know a little more.
Aha another 'I dont like him although I dont know him......but I like what he is doing' post.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Can we can the myth that Solbakken did nothing to improve the defence? He was confirmed to be after Geromel, Demidov and Savic, but was either beaten to them (Geromel, Demidov) or their parent club would not let them go (Savic). He then signs Margrietter, who manages to pick up years worth of different injuries in the space of a few months. So it's not as if he made no attempt to shore up the defence. Though it's worth pointing out that he got more out of Roger Johnson than McCarthy and Connor ever did.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Totally with you on this. Crossroads game tonight. 1-0 win to Wolves would be amazing.

R

reanswolf

Quietly pleased with how he has addressed a dire situation. You have to start with stability. Now he needs a new striker and a new midfielder.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do wonder why MM/TC and SS didn't do anything about our defence.

He signed JvD so it is pretty clear he wanted a left back and realised we needed a better one.

Ward was dropped for a long period for Elokobi which shows exactly what Mick really thought of him. I think he wanted a left back he just couldn't get one in - astonishing that in the wide, wide world of football he couldn't find an improvement on Ward but we don't know how many players we attempted to sign or couldn't agree terms with etc. I guess unless we see a McCarthy book we will never know and even then he's probably been tied to the ground by gagging orders from the paranoid regime ruling the roost.

Everyone thought Johnson would be a great signing and his debut was exactly what we hoped he would go on to achieve. As it turned out he went on to be one of the overriding reasons the team spirit began to falter and with the lack of quality we added post the Blackburn cliffhanger it was inevitable we would go down the following season.

I don't think Mick had a blind spot for defences in general. His record with Ireland and subsequently with Ipswich has been good. His achilles heel is sticking with players when he should drop the sentiment and bin them. I doubt the money men at Molineux would have encouraged that approach anyway.

S

Salop Wolf

I hope you're right and everything, but let's see how they get on before we start claiming Saunders has sorted out the defence.

L

long ball man

Can we can the myth that Solbakken did nothing to improve the defence? He was confirmed to be after Geromel, Demidov and Savic, but was either beaten to them (Geromel, Demidov) or their parent club would not let them go (Savic). He then signs Margrietter, who manages to pick up years worth of different injuries in the space of a few months. So it's not as if he made no attempt to shore up the defence. Though it's worth pointing out that he got more out of Roger Johnson than McCarthy and Connor ever did.

Damning with faint praise. Johnson is where he should be now. In the stands.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope you're right and everything, but let's see how they get on before we start claiming Saunders has sorted out the defence.
Who has claimed he has sorted the defence? What he is doing is taking more sensible steps to try and address a bad situation left to him by the previous managers.
He is restricted by many factors and yet some on here expect him to bring in Messi type players.
Stale was all talk and no substance. We were getting worse and worse. Yet he never received the venom that this new manager has.
We are not getting over overrun as was happening under Stale and there are signs of improvement in all areas. Yes improvement not perfection. But no credit is given to Saunders by some.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Quite right MP and who knows whether Solbakken was thwarted by big Jez's shop at Lidl attitude. Margreitter was at best third or fourth choice and as you say unfortunately picked up injuries early on. I reckon you can get in quality if you are willing to pay the price and we very rarely are. Gorkss and Robinson on loan are relatively 'cheap' signings and that coupled with the fact that even the two Ms can see we are falling off a precipice has allowed Saunders enough financial slack to bring them in. But the basic attitude of the two Ms has not changed imv.

F

FLEET WOLF

Who has claimed he has sorted the defence? What he is doing is taking more sensible steps to try and address a bad situation left to him by the previous managers.
He is restricted by many factors and yet some on here expect him to bring in Messi type players.
Stale was all talk and no substance. We were getting worse and worse. Yet he never received the venom that this new manager has.
We are not getting over overrun as was happening under Stale and there are signs of improvement in all areas. Yes improvement not perfection. But no credit is given to Saunders by some.

I tend to agree with that. With SS we were getting overrun and getting worse- Saunders has at least tightened things up. Whether he can now get the team to kick on and get some wins remains to be seen?-starting tonight of course.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone is a 'clown' according to you, yes?

Image33.jpg

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading and Liverpool reserves are signed on loan and some of us are on cloud nine and Saunders is the saviour - which shows just how low are expectations have fallen.

The expectations have fallen with reality and with the team. Why would you want them in cloud cuckoo land?

M

metaljoemac

A back five of Ikeme / Robinson / Gorkks / Batth / Foley actually looks pretty good at this level.

R

Redditch Wolves

He's signed a left back.
He's $$$$ed Berra off

I'm no fan but a clown is a tad harsh!

He hasn't won a game in 6, we can't score, he picks Doyle, he plays a central midfielder on the wing, he thinks we should have won a game by having one shot on target from 80 yards!!

The club is going nowhere under the two $$$$s that run my club.

Back
Top Bottom