Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

'I think they could': Jeff Stelling predicts how many points Arsenal could get from their last six games

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jordan Harris

Jeff Stelling has shared how many points he could see Arsenal now taking from their final six Premier League games of the season.

Of course, many Gunners fans will be concerned that Sunday could prove to be a defining moment in the title race.

Liverpool and Arsenal both suffered defeats at home to hand Manchester City a massive advantage. Obviously, everyone knows what Pep Guardiola’s men are capable of in a title race. So handing them the initiative feels ominous.

When Arsenal started to falter late last season, the wheels quickly came off. Mikel Arteta‘s side won just three of their last nine league games.

Jeff Stelling predicts how many points Arsenal could take from remaining Premier League games​

They drew with bottom side Southampton at home. And Villa’s win may have evoked memories of Brighton’s 3-0 victory at the Emirates.

Arsenal may have to now be flawless to stand a chance of winning the title. But speaking on talkSPORT, Jeff Stelling is optimistic that the Gunners could do all they can to push City.

Photo by Visionhaus/Getty Images

“You asked the question about can anybody win their last six games, I look at Arsenal’s last six games: Chelsea, Bournemouth, Everton at home; Wolves, Spurs, Man United away. I think they could win all of those games. I’m not saying that will be enough for them to win the title now. But I think they could,” he said.

What few are saying about Manchester City and their current run​

Manchester City have the most experience in the title race. So that will stand them in good stead now. However, the Cityzens have not lost a game in any competition since early December – against Aston Villa.

So it may be that the machine is now finely tuned and in full flow. But it would be a monumental achievement to keep this winning run going until the end of the campaign.

Arsenal have got to look at everyone writing them off. They have got to use it as fuel to go and prove people wrong.

The Gunners did play well for a large part of Sunday’s game. And Villa are definitely not a bad side at all. They are set to be in the Champions League next year.

Arsenal will know how painful last season was for them. They will not want to let this campaign fizzle out after threatening to achieve greatness again.

The post 'I think they could': Jeff Stelling predicts how many points Arsenal could get from their last six games appeared first on TBR Football.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom