Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

'I must admit': Pundit says one Arsenal player was his MOTM after 'incredible' performance at Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jordan Harris

Adrian Clarke has shared what surprised him about how Arsenal played at Wolves on Saturday, as he named the Gunners star he thought was incredible at Molineux.

Mikel Arteta’s men made a really important statement after a difficult week or so at the Emirates. Of course, their Premier League title hopes were dealt a blow at the hands of Aston Villa the week before.

Wolves have been extremely impressive this season under Gary O’Neil. So some may have wondered whether they would pile on the misery for Arsenal.

The Gunners have started to look tired in the last few games. Ian Wright noted that Declan Rice looked as weary as he had seen him against Aston Villa.

Arsenal star produced incredible performance in Wolves win​

And it did appear that Arsenal just had nothing left in the tank to really push for an equaliser against Bayern Munich in the second-leg of their Champions League quarter-final.

But they found a way against Wolves.

And speaking on Handbrake Off, Adrian Clarke suggested that Declan Rice was the inspiration for the side as they secured a huge three points.

Photo by Copa/Getty Images

“I must admit I was surprised, I thought we looked less tired than I expected. You see someone like Declan Rice powering down the middle of the pitch at the end of the game,” he said.

“He was incredible. What a player. He was my man of the match. I think he was brilliant.”

Why Declan Rice deserves even more credit​

Rice has definitely lived up to expectations since his move to the Emirates in the summer. There would have been huge pressure when he signed for a club-record fee.

But the 25-year-old has never looked as though he has struggled with handling that pressure.

Rice has produced a number of game-changing performances for Arsenal, particularly in the first-half of the season when Arteta’s side were still looking for top gear.

Some feel that Rice is a contender for the player of the season. And that was a captain’s display at Wolves on Saturday, with the England international winning four tackles and making five key passes (Whoscored).

With the finishing line in sight, the Arsenal players will be aware of how close they are to glory. And that should perhaps give them the energy for one final push.

The post 'I must admit': Pundit says one Arsenal player was his MOTM after 'incredible' performance at Wolves appeared first on TBR Football.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom