Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang, Cunha, Neto

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
….they’re magic you know.

Had a quick look at mins played:

Cunha - 2179 - 11G, 6A
Neto - 1509 - 2G, 9A
Hwang - 1849 - 10G, 3A

(Credit - Whoscored).

On average just over 20 games each, less than 60% of available time on the pitch.

Yet still we are one of only 4 sides with 2 strikers reaching 10 goals in the season (City, Liverpool and Arsenal being the others). EDIT - Don’t believe Twitter - Villa, Spurs and Newcastle also have 2 players!

Palace might be the last time we see all 3 on the Molineux pitch together (hopefully playing!).

Well done and thanks.

Last edited:

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Shows you actually how well we have done. Not having our 3 main strikers together for over 6 months is crazy and unfortunate really.

Other teams have had injuries but surely not to the same department. The only others available have also suffered, for me a lot of people have been om Sarabia's back. I thought he had a poor game Wednesday but he looks knackered and like he is sick of playing football at the moment. A few others have looked like that too. Lemina at times. Surely this has been a knock on affect of not having anything up top. Thus being frustrated in a lot of games.

You could see the difference Hwang made yesterday, he looked much fitter then he did Wednesday. Cunha looked better off the left too.

Hopefully we can finish the season strong, get a good pre-season in them. Few signings and come back stronger. As with them getting injured this season seems a season if what ifs. Even though we have comfortably beat our target in August.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Hwang seems to get a lot of stick on here and I struggle to understand it. He's so important to us. He doesn't tend to score spectacular goals but he consistently scores goals. He's a proper Jonny on the Spot. Right place at the right time. If it wasn't for that ridiculous VAR decision against Bournemouth he'd have two in two. Yet our commentary threads seem to contain a lot of comments about him be useless and should be substituted. 10 goals at this point of the season after being away for the Asia Cup and out for a length of time is not to be sniffed at in the Premier League. When either two of our starting three forwards are fit we are a completely different team. If all three were consistently fit we'd be on another level.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You never know, Neto's injuries might rule him out of a big move. I'd certainly rather risk keeping him than letting him go for less than £40m.
I think this is what will happen. Teams paying out £60m don’t want to subsidise a player on the treatment table.

I can’t see Wolves letting him go at a reduced rate either. Therefore unless he completes a mostly injury free season l can’t see him going.

Unfortunately he is injury prone. What a player on his day though

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is what will happen. Teams paying out £60m don’t want to subsidise a player on the treatment table.

I can’t see Wolves letting him go at a reduced rate either. Therefore unless he completes a mostly injury free season l can’t see him going.

Off course big teams will be put off by the 80m we was hoping for when he was on fire....but a deal around 50/60m or slightly lower with another player chucked in , may not put every big club off....... Hamstrings can be managed a bit better at a big club with more options available than at a club like us who has to have him at full pelt every game...... Hamstring are a common injury for fast players.... Kyle Walker and Salah both suffer in a similar way to Neto......

I don't think a big team with options would have played him against Fulham....the slightest worry they are out for 2/3 games....

I actually think Neto will go....a 50m bid won't stop his head being turned and then we won't have a choice....

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Neto's injuries are the main reason we missed out on Europe imo. All the best sides have players with pace to burn and without Neto we don't have that. I hope his injury record means we get to keep him for another season and he has an injury-free 2024/5.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neto can get a couple of games (maybe as sub) and not get crocked, I think a big money move could still be on for him.
Eze and Olise have poor injury records also but people are still touting them for 70m moves this summer.
Agree ....it's not a case of IF......it's a case of who is he going to and how much......Jorge will get him a move...

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming they are all here next season, not convinced Neto will be off given how injury prone he is, we need better competition for those three positions given Neto and Hwang struggle to get through 20 games a season.

Looking at our current options:
  1. Sasa - Be lucky to see him back on a football pitch after his third ACL, clearly not GON's type of forward anyway.
  2. Silva - No comment.
  3. Sarabia - Sometimes useful, sometimes dire. Good enough as depth.
  4. Bellegarde - Injury prone, and better suited as a central midfielder, which is where I think he should be competing for minutes, as he can offer us something different there.
  5. Chiquinho - Might be able to contribute next season, but I'm not sure he'd be your first choice off the bench.

I'd view it as:
LW: Cunha/New LW
RW: Neto/Sarabia
ST: New ST/Hwang

Ideally two forwards that suit the profile of forward that GON prefers - pacey and direct. Maybe Chiquinho could be one of those at a stretch, but not entirely convinced he's good enough.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Assuming they are all here next season, not convinced Neto will be off given how injury prone he is, we need better competition for those three positions given Neto and Hwang struggle to get through 20 games a season.

Looking at our current options:
  1. Sasa - Be lucky to see him back on a football pitch after his third ACL, clearly not GON's type of forward anyway.
  2. Silva - No comment.
  3. Sarabia - Sometimes useful, sometimes dire. Good enough as depth.
  4. Bellegarde - Injury prone, and better suited as a central midfielder, which is where I think he should be competing for minutes, as he can offer us something different there.
  5. Chiquinho - Might be able to contribute next season, but I'm not sure he'd be your first choice off the bench.

I'd view it as:
LW: Cunha/New LW
RW: Neto/Sarabia
ST: New ST/Hwang

Ideally two forwards that suit the profile of forward that GON prefers - pacey and direct. Maybe Chiquinho could be one of those at a stretch, but not entirely convinced he's good enough.
Excellent analysis. I am hoping Omorodion and Amoura will be targeted and if we can move on Guedes, Podence, Fabio and Chiquinho to get those two, Jeff will be kept happy as well.

I do think JRB is viewed as an acceptable option as 5th choice CM and 6th choice attacker though, so we may have room to move on Sarabia (and his wages) if he is disenchanted and surplus to requirements.

Cunha/JRB
Omorodion/Hwang
Neto/Amoura

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent analysis. I am hoping Omorodion and Amoura will be targeted and if we can move on Guedes, Podence, Fabio and Chiquinho to get those two, Jeff will be kept happy as well.

I do think JRB is viewed as an acceptable option as 5th choice CM and 6th choice attacker though, so we may have room to move on Sarabia (and his wages) if he is disenchanted and surplus to requirements.

Cunha/JRB
Omorodion/Hwang
Neto/Amoura
Completely forgot about Guedes and Podence as well, but I don't expect either to be back playing for us next season.

I know little about those two but I'll take your word for it! Think Amoura was playing for Algeria in AFCON but didn't notice him stand out too much.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
….they’re magic you know.

Had a quick look at mins played:

Cunha - 2179 - 11G, 6A
Neto - 1509 - 2G, 9A
Hwang - 1849 - 10G, 3A

(Credit - Whoscored).

On average just over 20 games each, less than 60% of available time on the pitch.

Yet still we are one of only 4 sides with 2 strikers reaching 10 goals in the season (City, Liverpool and Arsenal being the others). EDIT - Don’t believe Twitter - Villa, Spurs and Newcastle also have 2 players!

Palace might be the last time we see all 3 on the Molineux pitch together (hopefully playing!).

Well done and thanks.
Wolves have scored more goals at this stage of a top flight season than in any season since 1973.

And still they moan.

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Neto`s pace on the wings with his options to put in quality crosses or cut in and have a go himself really helps Cunha and Hwang who also have the pace to get in on the end of his and others crosses.
I am not against keeping all three together, but there needs to be two more strikers brought in to cover for the inevitable injuries from time to time. I am also sure that a lack of rotation options has caused our team in general to get injuries.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s been a good season. Tipped for relegation by others and some of our own fans. Including myself. We should be thankful we are in this position
Yeah, I had us to go down. It looked to me that Fosun were asset stropping in preparation for an inevitable drop.

Back
Top Bottom