Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang/Costa Partnership

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
As its a Monday morning, thought I'd liven things up.

Not looking good on the injury front for Sasa, and maybe even Raul. So.

Diego Costa and Hwang Hee-chan partnership up front, discuss.............

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at how we've set up most of the time we would play one or the other not both at the same time with 2 of Neto/Podence/Traore/Guedes

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually a lot of merit to this thread.
Not so much about a costa/Hwang partnership; but about a partnership full stop, ie playing a proper front 2.

We all know how playing a third Center back makes that unit look better. The loan striker role is probably the hardest position in football, even with fairly narrow wide forwards either side.

ANY two of our forward players together as a proper front pair may well be the best option.

There have been many great strikers down the years I’m not sure would have done so well had the fashion at the time not been for front 2’s.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Wonder if we could try something like this ? It is very attacking and obviously not for next few games but I always liked idea of Neto deeper and running at players, it is his main strength imo. He also works hard and would do well off the ball.
Neves/Nunes deeper in their natural positions.

Screenshot 2022-09-05 13.03.53.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-05 13.00.34.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-05 13.00.34.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 13

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am in favour of trying a 4-4-2 formation in an attempt to up our goals tally.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually a lot of merit to this thread.
Not so much about a costa/Hwang partnership; but about a partnership full stop, ie playing a proper front 2.

We all know how playing a third Center back makes that unit look better. The loan striker role is probably the hardest position in football, even with fairly narrow wide forwards either side.

ANY two of our forward players together as a proper front pair may well be the best option.

There have been many great strikers down the years I’m not sure would have done so well had the fashion at the time not been for front 2’s.
Yeah I think the two forward partnership is definitely something that can be revived.

The danger with having one forward is that when they don't see any of the ball, they drop deep in frustration and then it doesn't provide any way out for the team, as we see with Wolves.

Would love to return to the days of a number nine and number ten in the Bull / Mutch era (with two wingers whipping it in).

Of course it's just nostalgia, but there's no reason why we can't do it when we need to change things around.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next couple of games I would go 4-4-1-1 with guedes behind Raul. Podence on the right, neto on the left.

Back
Top Bottom