Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hunt

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Committed to us for next season. Bless you Frodo.

D

Dewsburywolf

So how many more spaces does that leave on the bench alongside him?

S

singwolf_1

Would have preferred for him to go. We need to move some players on.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know most people might slate me on here, but think he could be an asset to us next season, he knows how to get out this division so has the experiance, also good player to bring on for last 10/15 if we are winning by an odd goal to close the game out.

been unlucky this season with injures, hopefully a good euros will see he come back a better player than the season just gone.

O

Oldgoldwulf

Blimey - he is one of the players i'd be looking to shift out.

Little or no impact at all this season... was poor last season.

Gonna be on a decent wage AND likely to stifle the chances of younger/more talented wingers.

Get rid please SS.

D

Dewsburywolf

I know most people might slate me on here, but think he could be an asset to us next season, he knows how to get out of this division so has the experiance, also good player to bring on for last 10/15 if we are winning by an odd goal to close the game out.

been unlucky this season with injures, hopefully a good euros will see he come back a better player than the season just gone.

Because he did it with Reading? :confused: :confused: He was in the main just a back up to Bobby Convey also so I'm not sure where you get that outcome from. Now if you'd said "he knows how to get relegated to this division" you might be on to something

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think plenty of fans forget the better moments of Hunt's time at Wolves rather than his good ones, he's a great player and deserves a chance to shine in the championship where he has bags of experience.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Was in the top 3 most disappointing players last season, if he's staying he has to make an impact this time around. Question is does he have what it's going to take?

F

FLEET WOLF

I think plenty of fans forget the better moments of Hunt's time at Wolves rather than his good ones, he's a great player and deserves a chance to shine in the championship where he has bags of experience.

We shall all remember his goal against Blackburn in the last game in the season before last. He was poor last season and not particularly good the season before. He is not a great player-probably an average Championship player at best now.

K

kidderminster wolf

Will be a good player for us next season very happy about this :)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
He'll be far more focused now he's returned that ring to Mordor...

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We shall all remember his goal against Blackburn in the last game in the season before last. He was poor last season and not particularly good the season before. He is not a great player-probably an average Championship player at best now.

Fair point, but I still think he deserves at least a chance.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He only has one year left on his contract and at his age and based on last season's form I don't see us extending it. Better to get rid now and get something for him rather than have him walk away for nothing at the end of next season.

S

Sandwell Wolf

He's only 'committed' to Wolves because nobody else would want to sign him.

I do think however he will be a good player for us next season, you definitely need players like him in the Championship.

F

FLEET WOLF

He's only 'committed' to Wolves because nobody else would want to sign him.

I do think however he will be a good player for us next season, you definitely need players like him in the Championship.

I agree with your first sentence, but as far as the second goes, I am not convinced that SS will want a player who is losing his pace and whose first touch is sometimes really bad.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He never really had pace, he never has been able to beat him man and his crossing isn't great but he's got something and that is he's an annoying little $$$$er!

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if its all dependent on those 38 DVDs I can't see SS being too reassured by his commitment! However TC will likely have said a few words in support and if the slate really is clean again then who knows he may yet surprise us-as said above a few good cameos in the Euro's might make all the difference.

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He never really had pace, he never has been able to beat him man and his crossing isn't great but he's got something and that is he's an annoying little $$$$er!

So is Noel Edmonds but he won't be playing for us next season.

D

Deleted member 3751

Only thing with that is he's not just annoying to the opposition.

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely shocking player for us this season. Controls a ball further than most can kick it.

I'd let him go on a free if anyone would take him to at least free up his wages which must be £25-30k/week.

B

blackandgoldsox

this, we are without a doubt the most fickle fans in the football multiverse.

O

Oldgoldwulf

I can only think of one of his so-called 'better moments' - his goal on the last day against Blackburn.

Other than that he has been disappointingly poor.

Waste of a squad number - rather see Hammill or one of the kids get a chance.

D

Deleted member 4023

Has anyone ever thought that he might be part of the reason that Doyler has said that he's staying?
He got injured & seemed out of sorts towards the end of last season. Maybe a break & a new manager, could see a rejuvenated Hunty again. People on here have short memories - he scored the goal that effectively kept us the previous season. I think he merits the benefit of the doubt

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
If we are keeping Jarvis, then I would happily sell him as he is getting to an age where his value is only going to depreciate.

Having said that, he has had some great games for us (Blues and Albion two seasons ago spring to mind) and he does have a spirit and fight about him which would be useful next season. His goals to games ratio is actually pretty decent as well (think its about 8 goals in 30 starts).

Really needs a full, injury-free pre-season under his belt.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Was in the top 3 most disappointing players last season, if he's staying he has to make an impact this time around. Question is does he have what it's going to take?

He was in the top 25 most disappointing players too!

At least this is positive news. He could win a few games for us if on form.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rated him when he came but like so many under MM just drifted into obscurity. Not sure what is best position is - certainly not out wide and with KH, Davis, Gued and Milijas we are certainly not too bad for CCC cmf? I'd like to see him go.

L

liquidatorwolf

Rated him when he came but like so many under MM just drifted into obscurity. Not sure what is best position is - certainly not out wide and with KH, Davis, Gued and Milijas we are certainly not too bad for CCC cmf? I'd like to see him go.

His start, middle and end was pretty bad. He is very, very basic in possession and in open play he is more suited to a DM than a LM, apart from his physical stature. His set-pieces are immense though.

D

Dewsburywolf

His start, middle and end was pretty bad. He is very, very basic in possession and in open play he is more suited to a DM than a LM, apart from his physical stature. His set-pieces are immense though.

And yet we let Jarvis hit corners into the first defender

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this guy play? My overriding image of Hunt is him waving to his team mate after yet again failing to control a simple pass. He's had a handful of good games but slows play down, loses possession and is woeful from free kicks (although ok at corners- wasted on our static team) although slightly less so than Jarvis and Milijas.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SimplyTheWolves

On top form and fully fit I would sooner he be in our team than playing against us, but the problem is just how often has he been on top form and fully fit?

Even when we signed him we had to wait a few months before he was fit enough to play. Its good that he's committed himself to the club, but I’m not 100% convinced he'll have the staying power we're going to need, but then again you could say the same for a few others.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simply an awful player. I said last close season that he would be found out and then was slaughtered on here. Along with JOH two i would gladly see the back of

O

OldWolvesfart

Sorely lacking in the Premiership but may cut it in the championship -
with a wage cut I hope.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably end up at staying unless we get a good offer which is unlikely as he only has one year left on his contract.
You can never rule out a team like Sheff Weds putting in a stupid offer.
If he`s fit ,which is a big IF, than think he will be a good squad player.
Need some experience along-side the younger players we want to bring through and NCP is probably his level now.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As i've said before - he needs to move on. He's lost his legs and doesn't really offer much to the side now.

For someone who's only 30, he looks like a 35 year old that is going through the motions before they hang up their boots.

Back
Top Bottom