Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hull Collection

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
News broke today that Hull City FC are up for sale. Can we please start a collection so we can buy the club and force them to release all their best players to us? We might even get Harry Maguire if we play it right. :rolleyes:

Please note this is not a real collection and no money will be given to charity. I reckon about £27.50 should do it. Anybody in? :D

E

Essex Wolf

I did see an article a few days back saying MaGuire might go out on loan as he wasn't getting a chance at Hull. A few championship clubs, Wolves among them, apparently interested.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did see an article a few days back saying MaGuire might go out on loan as he wasn't getting a chance at Hull. A few championship clubs, Wolves among them, apparently interested.

I really can't see that, they're obviously not interested in selling him and he's not going to break into our starting XI barring injuries.

D

Dewsburywolf

What are they worth exactly, bearing in mind their European adventure lasted all of two games?

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought people had started feeling unnecessarily generous towards me for a minute then!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Chairmen wanted to name them Hull Tigers for marketing reasons. So they would be known as Tigers like we are known as Wolves.

Wouldn't it have made sense for him to have bought us instead of hull and the wouldn't have been a name change?

D

Dewsburywolf

The Chairmen wanted to name them Hull Tigers for marketing reasons. So they would be known as Tigers like we are known as Wolves.

Wouldn't it have made sense for him to have bought us instead of hull and the wouldn't have been a name change?

I'd hazard a guess that we would've cost him more than Hull did

E

Essex Wolf

I really can't see that, they're obviously not interested in selling him and he's not going to break into our starting XI barring injuries.

Know Idea Matt. Just mentioned he wasn't getting a game at Hull, which is no real shocker, and that he could go out on loan. Besides Wolves seem to recall Derby and Middlesbrough mentioned and a few others.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hull maybe for sale,spurs maybe taken over ,newcastle not for sale.Noone wants villa.Busy week.

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
As far as I know the owner has lived in Hull most of his life and doesn't really want to sell, he is just trying to create the impression that unless he gets his way completely the club will go bust.

It's all a nonsense imo, there's nothing to stop him (and no-one objects to him) pushing the nickname "the tigers" and even using it on branding in Asia (which apparently is the reason for doing it) people only object to changing the official name.

Obviously we are known as 'Wolves' and much of our merchandise is branded as such (fine), but I would vehemently oppose us dropping the official name Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. in the mistaken belief that we would sell more shirts in outer Mongolia!

Having a different official name does not stop wolves being synonymous with the club...

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
As far as I know the owner has lived in Hull most of his life and doesn't really want to sell, he is just trying to create the impression that unless he gets his way completely the club will go bust.

It's all a nonsense imo, there's nothing to stop him (and no-one objects to him) pushing the nickname "the tigers" and even using it on branding in Asia (which apparently is the reason for doing it) people only object to changing the official name.

Obviously we are known as 'Wolves' and much of our merchandise is branded as such (fine), but I would vehemently oppose us dropping the official name Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. in the mistaken belief that we would sell more shirts in outer Mongolia!

Having a different official name does not stop wolves being synonymous with the club...

As it probably is.

Now that he has made his position known maybe it is a good time to put forward 'Hull City Tigers' as an alternative to the fans. :)

Could test their mettle.

Back
Top Bottom