Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Huddersfield were clever today...

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Huddersfield demonstrated today how a club being clever off the pitch can influence the results on it. Firstly halving our ticket allocation and whacking their noisiest drum bearing supporters next to us instead. Then secondly doing a deal with a local paper to give away vouchers for £10 tickets in order to fill the place.

This created a roaring home atmosphere which not only raised their team but also made all those "home team" referee decisions so much easier.

Let's take a leaf out of their book, we get more than they had today without special offers. If Jeff wants the place full pull the same stunt with the e&s or any number of other schemes, be amazing to see 31000 at the mol (and maybe a few more singing) :tonguewink:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep I agree - was a decent atmosphere today, although it did die down during a 20 minute period in the 2nd half as we pushed for an equaliser !

E

Edgmond Wolf

;)
Huddersfield demonstrated today how a club being clever off the pitch can influence the results on it. Firstly halving our ticket allocation and whacking their noisiest drum bearing supporters next to us instead. Then secondly doing a deal with a local paper to give away vouchers for £10 tickets in order to fill the place.

This created a roaring home atmosphere which not only raised their team but also made all those "home team" referee decisions so much easier.

Let's take a leaf out of their book, we get more than they had today without special offers. If Jeff wants the place full pull the same stunt with the e&s or any number of other schemes, be amazing to see 31000 at the mol (and maybe a few more singing) :tonguewink:

I too would like to see 31000 however if you bring a drum ;)

S

ShropshireLad

From the comm, it seems as if we could well have had a penalty, the disallowed goal wasn't offside and balls went for our throw ins but they got them. The odds seemed to be stacked against us.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the comm, it seems as if we could well have had a penalty, the disallowed goal wasn't offside and balls went for our throw ins but they got them. The odds seemed to be stacked against us.

You make your own luck but ours ran out today. Hit the post as well and their goalkeeper made an exceptional save from Dadi. But then that's what goalkeepers are there for.

Under KJ we would have capitulated but now they keep fighting. That's great to see.

C

Chinny wolf

Full? There were loads of empty seats. Not bad atmosphere thought and ref gave us nothing!

D

Deleted member 4594

They only halved are allocation because we couldn't sell them to be fair...

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Charging £10 for home fans to sit in the same stand that we were charged £30 for. Not happy about that. At all.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
They only halved are allocation because we couldn't sell them to be fair...

Not strictly true. They give most teams an initial allocation of 2000 (which is what we had) with an opportunity to apply for an upgrade to 3900 (wonder if they get a pie and a pint when that happens?)

Wolves to be fair cleverly advertised this as having 4000 allocation and after our respective previous games got good results we started a campaign to fill the 4k. Before that could get off the ground they started their own campaign and took away our option of upgrading to 4k. So although it was disappointing we were 70 or so short of 2k , who knows what would have happened if our 4k to hudds campaign had got off the ground.

R

reanswolf

To be fair, for a small town like Huddersfield is exceptional, they are no tin pot club as someone suggested. What does that mean anyway? Wolves are tin-pot compared to bigger clubs.
If we offered vouchers for a tenner in the local paper I would like to think we would sell out.
Worth a try Mr Dalrymple?

R

reanswolf

Wouldn't their offer constitute one of the several offers a club can do each season? Though I get your point about offering fans of different clubs different prices in the same stand.

W

we8wba

Charging £10 for home fans to sit in the same stand that we were charged £30 for. Not happy about that. At all.

Going to sound daft because obviously they can seems they have

But can they do that?????

We should really be kicking up a fuss over this or when they come to us charging them £50

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Complely agree there is more to winning a game of football than just what is happening on the pitch, lots of other areas that offer small margins of success but when added together influence the result, but Fosun have only been here for a relatively short period of time, and look at the amount of change that has taken place. Perhaps we should offer Sir David Brailsford a job.

E

ExNewport

TBF that isn't strictly true.

The £10 offer (funded by a sponsor) applied to the very poor temporary-type stand opposite you, open to the elements and to be frank a bit ****e. Anyone in the same stand as you were season card holders.

Don't get me wrong, £30 is too much to charge you as it also was to our walk-up punters.

If you charge us £30 in January, no-one could complain & TBH I hope you do (and explain clearly why). I also hope we charge Leeds the same £37 they've charged us but doubt we will.

Twentys plenty for away fans.

E

ExNewport

Should also have explained my user-name I used to live in Newport Shropshire and know many Wolves fans.

May have drunk with Edgmond Wolf in the Lamb

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All that Huddersfield did was to capitalise on their good start, and try to get a decent attendance. Though the ground certainly wasn't full, and the second half their fans were a lot quieter.

S

Shray

To be fair we were hanging on for the win so nerves obviously had a part to play second half and we were quieter. I don't think there are many better home atmospheres at the moment though

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair we were hanging on for the win so nerves obviously had a part to play second half and we were quieter. I don't think there are many better home atmospheres at the moment though

Fair comment. And given the start that the Terriers have made, they deserve to have the fans behind them. The big question though is can Huddersfield maintain their current form?

S

Shray

Fair comment. And given the start that the Terriers have made, they deserve to have the fans behind them. The big question though is can Huddersfield maintain their current form?

I have no idea really but we just keep playing well which we're not used to. From what I've seen so far you're probably the team that has pressed us the most which makes it even better that we kept a clean sheet for the first time this season. A draw would not have been unjust

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without the drum you would not be half as loud.every time wolves started to sing.the drum from your lot drowned us out.We are a much louder end without a drum to entice us,as you will find out if you come to ar place.This is meant for Shray by the way.and no I'm not a poet.:D

C

Compo Smallpiece

I thought you played your way back into the game well in the 2nd half, I was kind of expecting the equaliser at some point. Interestingly second week running where we dominated the first 45 then dropped off at the start of the 2nd period, did exactly the same v Barnsley the week before, that needs addressing. From my vantage point in the Fantastic Media Upper ( opposite you ) the atmosphere was rocking especially the last 10 mins. I suppose perhaps at that point we felt we had weathered the storm. Good game, enjoyed it - still think you will be one of the stronger teams in this division. As for us - unchartered territory since we came back up, take one game at a time, see where it takes us.

Back
Top Bottom