Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How much time would you give Nuno?

SheldonWolf

Reaction score
Wow what depths had this thread sunk us to.....

Nobody likes being in the position we are in, personally I think the club have made some mistakes. The most crucial of which being that we didn’t spend more in the summer, but this poll is a new low....

Get a grip, all is not lost in fact all is still to play for. Starting tomorrow night!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get what people are saying and Nuno deserves a chance. To me it is not so much a matter of league position and more a matter of how we look to change things. If we keep losing and he doesn't look to change things is the key to me. That however also has a bearing, and vice versa with what we are likely to do in the transfer window in January.
The manager is always the fall guy, and they are easier and cheaper to change than the players, but it is not him kicking the ball.
I trust Fosun to know whose idea the squad size, whether Nuno is happy with it, whether he wanted more players or not, how the team dynamics are etc.
Those are key.

That said, I don't think we can be seen to be troubling the relegation places for long, it affects the long term plan. The worse you perform the harder it is to attract players. Worse case scenario, we lose the next five league games and are adrift, I think Fosun would pull the trigger.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The question should be:

How long do you think Nuno will give Wolves?

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay, thats thisisgil dealt with fairly comprehensively, but at what point do I ban him as well?
Lol ... only after the ‘complete humiliation’ Is well and truly complete :D

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ask me again if any of the first 6 happen or even remotely look like happening

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our start to the season currently is not THAT poor. Certainly if you factor in the manner of the games we’ve won in the Europa, albeit against inferior teams.

If we lost to Chelsea 2-1, or even 2-0, these threads would be far fewer. Other than not picking up 3 points vs. Burnley we’re probably tracking about where we should for the fixtures we’ve had.

Whilst I feel our defence has been suspect this season, we weren’t terrible on Saturday until Chelsea scored, and then in the blink of an eye it was 3-0. Sure, if we lose convincingly to both Palace and Watford we’ll know we really are in an early season relegation scrap, but 3-6 points from those games and the picture changes greatly.
Exactly. 5 games is far too early to judge, even though I accept that performances so far have not been up to standard. Win the next two games and 9 points from 7 games is perfectly acceptable, get tonked in them both and I will start to worry.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
About an hour n half, any longer and ive got no chance of satisfying her ever again :(

D

Deleted member 9788

I'm worried about some Wolves fans!

A friend of mine (an Indian born in portugal) supports porto as his proper team but his second team is now wolves- no prizes for guessing why. After 2 years of following us he said to me (after one of my many I love nuno texts) "from what I have seen of wolves fans they are an arrogant bunch and after a few losses you lot will call for his head"... I told him to f off obviously defending our fans. After the last few days I think I need to apologise to my mate and eat some humble curry and naan..

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who's Shane and more pertinently, actually how big is his A-hole?

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did wonder how long it would take before we saw a thread of this ilk.

Not having a dig @thisisgil , I think it's a perfectly interesting test of opinion.

I'm not in favour of the concept of sacking Nuno but unlike others who are up in arms about the potential of it I'm not going to say he's untouchable.

If we have another 10 league games with poor performances, bad results and were cut adrift at the bottom, those who are currently repulsed by the prospect will soon be changing their tune, I guarantee it.

The owners will not accept it and the fans won't either.

I would probably ride it out until halfway through the next transfer window. Do the business early and if there's no improvement then we need to reconsider. I don't necessarily mean pull the trigger, just think about options.

The key for me is the manner of the performances. If they improve, and I think they will soon, this thread becomes a moot point.

But for those to claim blind loyalty when facing down the barrel of a whimpering relegation it's bull**** frankly.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This place is like a brainwashed cult. When someone comes along with a slightly different opinion or scenario people don’t know what to do.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This place is like a brainwashed cult. When someone comes along with a slightly different opinion or scenario people don’t know what to do.

Don't be infantile. This thread is after two defeats.
Nuno has got us promoted, semi-final of the FA Cup, seventh in the Premier League and qualification for the Europa League, and now we're on the eve of playing in the modern equivalent of the UEFA Cup for the first time in nearly 40 years.
It's not objecting because we're a cult. We're objecting because it's unjust and unfair.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the moment, seven out of ten Wolves wouldn't want Nuno sacked under any circumstances. Confidence restored in the internet.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't be infantile. This thread is after two defeats.
Nuno has got us promoted, semi-final of the FA Cup, seventh in the Premier League and qualification for the Europa League, and now we're on the eve of playing in the modern equivalent of the UEFA Cup for the first time in nearly 40 years.
It's not objecting because we're a cult. We're objecting because it's unjust and unfair.

I’m not being infantile. People saying they wouldn’t want Nuno sacked under any circumstances are being insincere. If we were bottom at Christmas I am pretty sure there would be a meltdown on here.

I agree there is little need for this thread at present (despite our poor start in the league and some poor decisions from Nuno); but to make out a guy who is doing a job he is paid for is above reproach regardless of performance is a bit cultish. Particularly when the people making that claim are the same people who invest loads of money for no financial gain.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not being infantile. People saying they wouldn’t want Nuno sacked under any circumstances are being insincere. If we were bottom at Christmas I am pretty sure there would be a meltdown on here.

I agree there is little need for this thread at present (despite our poor start in the league and some poor decisions from Nuno); but to make out a guy who is doing a job he is paid for is above reproach regardless of performance is a bit cultish. Particularly when the people making that claim are the same people who invest loads of money for no financial gain.
Maybe you are in the real world more than me,and maybe you're right, but I love sport and I love wolves because sport should and can be different to the real world. I love the tactics, the players who can do something different to break them down, the talent and ability to thread a pass like Neves did last season against Leicester. And I love wolves, for no rational reason at all, dont really understand it, but I have for 47 years. And Nuno for me represents everything I would hope for in our manager: talent, humility, dignity, a connection with our fans and the ability to change a whole club and make it great. Punjabi wolf had already offered his body and I get that! But if God forbid we got relegated I'd want us to stick with Nuno. Because I genuinely believe hed get us back, and I want our club to have his principles too.

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He gets 24 hours in each day, the same as any creature upon this earth. Simple physics, and all.

(I'm not gonna read that question in any other way, TYVM.)

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

A lot of lies in that poll.

Not a chance in hell that almost three quarters of the fans would want Nuno in charge if we went down. Easy to say now because you obviously don't think it will happen.

I voted the February one, deserves another window because I don't blame Nuno for the ****show this summer and hopefully they rectify that in the New Year.

However, don't get why people are so much more precious about the manager than the players. When Douglas is sold, great, we're ruthless, way to be. Why not the same with the manager? If someone better comes available and Nuno is underachieving this season it makes total sense and I'm sure the board would do that.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe you are in the real world more than me,and maybe you're right, but I love sport and I love wolves because sport should and can be different to the real world. I love the tactics, the players who can do something different to break them down, the talent and ability to thread a pass like Neves did last season against Leicester. And I love wolves, for no rational reason at all, dont really understand it, but I have for 47 years. And Nuno for me represents everything I would hope for in our manager: talent, humility, dignity, a connection with our fans and the ability to change a whole club and make it great. Punjabi wolf had already offered his body and I get that! But if God forbid we got relegated I'd want us to stick with Nuno. Because I genuinely believe hed get us back, and I want our club to have his principles too.

The thing is though berwick,why after only 2 defeats do we have to even think about a relegation scrap.I mean 2 effin defeats.Anyone would think we've ony 2 games left.:(

D

Deleted member 9788

A lot of lies in that poll.

Not a chance in hell that almost three quarters of the fans would want Nuno in charge if we went down. Easy to say now because you obviously don't think it will happen.

I voted the February one, deserves another window because I don't blame Nuno for the ****show this summer and hopefully they rectify that in the New Year.

However, don't get why people are so much more precious about the manager than the players. When Douglas is sold, great, we're ruthless, way to be. Why not the same with the manager? If someone better comes available and Nuno is underachieving this season it makes total sense and I'm sure the board would do that.

Maybe people are so protective over him because getting a good manager is pretty difficult nowadays and we have one of the absolute finest going. A lot of this success is down to him! He is a manager who genuinely improves players.. Don't come around often managers like that!

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Such a shocking, defeatist negative thread.

Why can't we have something positive like how long before we get top 6 or win a cup etc.

M

Mental Ray

Honestly getting to the stage where I’m fed up with modern football - this shouldn’t even be getting discussed.

Nuno has done an outstanding job and I have absolutely no doubts the team will climb back up the table. The managerial staff and players are more than capable. Not to mention he’s navigated the club successfully back onto the European stage.

Bottom option all day long.

Back
Top Bottom